General Table Talk

The ghosts were already dead. They have simply een banished to Limbo. If you want them back, you have to go get them.

Not really my point at all...

That was more of a one-liner quip to close with than the main thrust of the post.

Uh-oh... Marko's name is blue! FLEE FLEE FOR YOUR LIVES! THE SPAMINATOR COMETH!

Yeah, but I am still offering a potential adventure to travel to Limbo :smiling_imp:
Anyways, my point is that I retain the right to use SG fiat in this matter, and maintain a liberal interpretation of the quote

I'll have to take you up on that then.

Mmm. I don't like it, but yes it ultimately is at the discretion of the SG, so I don't have to.

Given that Arawn and Octavian have decided to attack Metron despite the fact that they (as players) know darned well that Metron is under Esteban's protection, Esteban is honor-bound to fight them to save Metron (not likely) and then avenge him. Ergo, Esteban is basically an adversary at this point.

I never designed Esteban to be able to defeat combat-optimized magi, so he will lose. However I firmly believe a Catalan hidalgo would fight a hopeless battle rather than dishonor himself by letting Octavian and Vares murder his prisoner.

The choices of the other players have made make it impossible for my character to remain in the game. I won't be making a new character because I think the same thing would end up happening again sooner or later.

Clearly we have a very different idea of what "collaborative storytelling" means. It was fun while it lasted and I wish you guys the best with your further adventures.

Regards,

-Andrew

You are overreacting. Might Stripping is not lethal for a transformed human. The result will be him reverting back to normal.
He did offer to them that they can "cut" him to see of he bleeds magic. That is all Octavian did. Then Metron launched fireballs in retalliation. I do believe that violates the conditions of your protection and you are not honor bound to protect him after that.

Well if that's the way it looks to Esteban, then definitely you're right, that violates the terms of Esteban's protection and Esteban would be the first to turn on him.

From my first reading of the events, it was totally unclear to me as a player that Octavian's might-stripping was a test and Metron's retaliation was a betrayal and not simple self-defense. Sorry guys. :blush:

It is okay. Indeed, things are not so clear and simple as that even. Octavian wasn not yet present to learn about Metron being under your protection and may well have been attacking. On the other hand, Metron hates Octavian so very-very much that he will take any opportunity he can to kill him without being paitient enough to use subtle trickery. So peoples motives and perceptions are not all that clear. Estaban's initial reaction is totally normal and feasible. I would like to think perhaps Carmen had a calming effect on Estaban, so he would pause long enough to see the situation in a different light.

And to all appearances, Metron just killed Vares. He is actually just Incapacitated and I think he will be allright. But it looks nasty.

And as I mentioned, Might stripping is not lethal for a Trasformed Human. Reducing him below 0 will undo his transformation (just down to 0 is not enough, it needs to be down past 0). Metron would just disappear if a lethal attack came his way.
If there is even a slight chance of capturing or redeaming Metron, or saving his soul, this psychotic trasformation of his needs to be undone.
And as I said, he had really suckered you in with his lies. I must apologize for being too deceptive. There were no multiple cycles, Abaddon is no where near Taglyn right now. He does fear Abaddon more than any other magus; and he does not believe he is in league with demons (Metron was himself decieved though). So your truth spells were accurate. But of everything else he has said, I would say over 50% were lies and trickery.

Frankly, Octavian would have ignored whatever terms ESteban had with Metron anyway. If Esteban wanted to come to blows and both survived, he'd have a lot of explaining to do at next tribunal when the quaesitor responsible for a wizard march on Metron relates the tale of esteban's alliance with the renegade :stuck_out_tongue:

Just let it go. It was a realistically confusing situation. Everything is all good now.
Having to explain the situation to Q's means nothing if the guy feels chased out of the game.

Yup, that's why I can't play my character in this Saga long-term. Disrespect.

Octavian! You are being too snipey! Knock it off.
i do understand how you feel. Metron has been a thorn for a long time, and Octavian (the character) would be set in his way of thinking. But as I have reprimanded you many times, sometimes you need to put other players before your own character.

The fact is that Octavian did not hear about the bargain, and there is no need to antagonize Andrew with hypothetical scenarios.
You feel good, you finally got your man. I am happy for you.
But don't stomp on other people's feelings just because you are jubilant of your success.

So for anyone who cares, the way I'm playing the scene is basically as Marko said: Esteban's first impulse was to honor his word to protect Metron, but when Carmen stopped him he realized that Metron had attacked Octavian first and broken the terms of his surrender.

Esteban still believes Metron is their best chance to lead us all out of this realm, and that he's more valuable alive than dead, but now that open fighting has broken out it's academic.

I am going to be unavailable much of this week, as I am preparing for the upcoming Grand Tribunal.

I am back!
GT was awesome.
Anyway, this week let us try to wrap up any Transformations and Advancement.
My question you guys at this moment is how many years of downtime do you want?

Welcome back.

Seeing as no one could provide info on any of the new virtues in the more recent books, I'll just take tough seeing as Octavian endured a stab wound the entire time. So wrapping up xp expenditures would be:

Another +2 XP into Corpus
10 vis/xp Tough virtue
8 vis. Do we have to select a specific technique or form? If not I'll take Creo.

As for downtime, well Octavian's deal with rodrigo would have him study for 5 seasons so that's sufficient downtime for me. Beyond that, I'll go with the consensus.

I'd prefer to get 3-5 years? But call me greedy! It's just harder it seems to get down time in a PBP so I'll take it whenever I can get it.

Commenting on Arya's character sheet:

Advancing magi characters "earn" 2 pts of warping per year.

5th edition doesn't have specialties for traits but suppose it simply helps describe the character so it's fine.

Lastly, why would your character be venturing to a covenant that considers itself outside of all tribunals?

That's in the Development thread.