General Table Talk

Avaricious Flambeau lol.

Well, you have those eggs (none were used for healing, because they contain Animal vis, she used a magic chicken egg with some creo).

I grant you this...
a point of Confidence (for the pool, not the score), your vis debt wiped clean, and a season being trained in spells by Antonio.

Is that a good reward?

:open_mouth:

Mark, I do not need this reward at all, man. JeanMichelle (and I) were refering to maybe granting a smallish bonus to the roll I posted at the bottom of my message, nothing more. If you handle this kind of rewards simply by PLAYING a character the way IMO it should be played, next time someone posts in character he will want to be granted Archmagus status!! :laughing: Maybe an extra XP at the end of the adventure if you think I deserve it, but nothing on the range of rewards you are suggesting! Note that I would not have granted any extra XP to a player of mine if he had performed the Las Vegas kind of show I just performed: I would have granted a +1 or +2 to his storytelling, and maybe an extra point in house acclaim XP for being flamboyant enough, but not hardcore bonuses. Not yet, at least. IMO getting more XP is only deserved for a whole story, not a single scene. :slight_smile:

Xavi has spoken. LMAO

Nice to know about the eggs. That means I should have 3 spare griffon eggs. Time to do some trading in the covenant and through the redcap network methinks.... :slight_smile:

Xavi

Thanx for reigning me in. I get over enthusiastic.

BUT

The offer of a Season in Spell Training still stands, and you have the eggs. Yes, a +3 bonus to your story-roll sounds more appropriate. Did I mention I am supposed to be working and earning blood money for my tyranical corporate overlords? (I am pro capitalism, anti corporatism).. So I need to learn to pay more attention to what I am posting and reading.

There is no capitalism. ONLY corporatism. (sorry you hit a major sore point).

An 'agree to disagree' moment then? :wink:

All I wanted to do is say that I liked the tale (I saw the modificator as sth symbolic). I agree with Xavi on this.
Erring on the side of generosity is a nice kind of erring, but erring nonetheless.
:smiley:

In fact a mere +1 to the roll is enough to trip the roll one more "success band" up: +9 (for mundanes unused to the Gift) and +12 for magi. Quite a story after all! :laughing:

Xavi

And this is supposed to do what to those who hear it? Do you have Enchanting Storytelling or something such that we must fawn and drool at your tales of braggadocio? :wink:

BTW: I am off to a lake house for a few days for the 4th of July, back sometime on the weekend.

Well, you are supposed to think that I did tell a fine good tale there. And probably help me get some house acclaim spreading the tale of how good I performed AND bragged about it. Hoise flambeau do not also values doing, but bragging about it is also important. Nobody shows you respect for your deeds if you hide them, after all.

But coming from a people that lurks in the background instead of claiming time undeer the spotlight, I do not see why I should even bother to answer your question :stuck_out_tongue:

Cheers,

Xavi

LOL> There is so much more to all that is around us than the shallow self-indulgent perspectives of Flambeau songbirds will ever realize, much to their own eventual shame. :wink:

If you want someone to repeat tales told in your cups, hire a good minstrel, Dragan has much bigger fish to fry! :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, despoiling and plundering our delicately balanced magical ecosystem for mere profit and self-aggrandizement is no demonstration of honour nor slaughtering griffons whilst transformed into a beast of disproprtionate size and strength a demonstration of bravery, only foolish short-sightedness. When time for the cost of your actions to be paid arrives, how many of us, your sodales, will be made to suffer the consequences for your thoughtlessness? Time will tell.

Until then, enjoy the acclaim. :wink:

Hate to say it, but both old and new versions of Flambeau are known for their introspective thinking. Far from shallow, we are dedicated and self sacrificing. Yes, we do share our tales, but our fame is spread y our sodales who repeat them. It isn’t for personal glory. It is for our shared glory, to inspire others to greatness

Go fry your fish, I’ll take all the credit.

Lol jk. The biggest braggarts are those who claim not to brag at all, then proceed to tell us how deep and important they are and how big their fish fry is.

yes it is

most certainly is! Fool!

None. Mamma griffon is dead. He got away with it clean

yes it will :wink:

:laughing:, just kidding

I am very sick today. I am on antibiotics. I have Xavi covered, I need you guys to coach Vortigern II do not have the sourcebook he is using, I told him one of you might though). Hopefully Boxer will have his sheet up by monday. If not, I can help him out if he wants.

Anyway, goodnight Gracie. See y'all monday

Isn't the whole concept of an ecosystem extremely out of paradigm?

Xavi

I think so.

I don't think so. Have you ever heard of the Green Knight? It is said that he never traveled but with means of transportation that had a zero carbon equivalent emission. :unamused:

He didn't fart then?

But that is that "carbon" you are talking about? Some kind of combustible?

Xavi

1. Carbon equivalent is used to describe the Kyoto Protocol gases (NOx, SF6, CH4, CO2, CFCs,...). Each gas has a multiplier, so the press can pretend it is all CO2 (makes it easier to trade and negotiate).

He did fart. But he lived sustainably (well, almost) and only ate organic food. None of his gas emissions was caused by adding fossile (=dinosaur bone, to follow the medieval paradigm) carbon to God's creation.

The Green Knight knew about charcoal, but it was his great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-great-greatgreat-great-great-son Lavoisier who realized it was an element.

( I know what carbon means; what I doubt is that a 13th century magus would understand the term :wink:)

Xavi

For the winter season Decimus will read Dominion Over God’s Creatures unless someone objects.