General Table Talk

She could make his talisman a powerful tool of penetration AGAINST herself. Given enopugh penetration (AC et al multipliers) should be easy to ovetrcome her own defences with the crown's penetration.

Slightly dangerous in case the crown falls into enemy hands, though. But pentration is no biggie in general, since any murderous mage can beat a regular Parma Magica with easy if he means to do it, so no real biggie here. Parma Magica is far away from a real efficient method of protecting yourself vs other hermetic magi: it is a SOCIAL feature of hermetioc society 8remove the -3 to social interaction) and a good defence vs non hermetic supernatural dudes, but not against hermetics.

Cheers,

Xavi

Christmas and New Years

Just as I like to begin each new year with Christmas, I also like to mark segments of a saga with an interjection of the holiday. Besides, it is almost July, and it is traditional to joke about Christmas in July :stuck_out_tongue:

Now, I know Xavi and Boxer are delaying getting their sheets up, because they know once I do, I am going to bring down blood and death with my planned adventures so I can see what metal you guys are truly made out of.

But I also like character role playing very very much. Some of the greatest battles were fought with bold speech alone. And Christmas really lets you dig into the culture of the area and your characters personality & history. Multiple religions and cultures have ceremonies tied to the season. Your character’s relationships with each other and with the covenant community are also reflected in your interactions during the holiday.

So I will grant you guys a reprieve for the week and let you all engage in pure role-playing. I am going to be paying attention to my 4th of July holiday :stuck_out_tongue:. But if you guys don’t have your characters up by next Monday, then either I make them or I might decide to just eat them.

Anyway, Christmas was last week and there was some pageantry. New Years yesterday, and on New Years Eve, parents tell their children about “el Home dels Nassos” (Man of the noses), who wanders the land and has as many noses on his face as there are days left in the year.

January 6th, Epiphany, which is coming up in a few days, is the gift giving day though. This is because this is the day traditionally held as the day when the Magi arrived bearing gifts for the Christ child. Now, it is the tradition of Andorra for the council of magi (us) to bestow gifts upon our custos and covenfolk.

Good deal. Should we continue in the Gate of Light thread or start a new one for the festivities?

For Marie’s eating problem, it occurs to me that using magic to manipulate her utensils but not the food on them should still allow her to eat, in the same way that a magus can still hold, use, and even touch the edge of a sword enchanted with Edge of the Razor (he just can't be cut by or even bludgeoned with it).

That's sharp observation: Thank you.

Now that we are at it, anyone interested to have a griffon familiar?

Xavi

Dragan would certainly express interest in procuring one of the eggs, if they are being freely offered. :wink:

How many eggs do you have? Carmen is interested.

I rolled a 5 on 1D6. Marie used 1 for my reviving spell, so that would leave 4 of the buggers to be used as vis or as creatures of might still to be hatched. I plan to have this be a comission ("get me a griffon egg") where I got a little extra leverage, so it might be a very cool gift if she is interested :wink: Return favors maybe? :wink: Or being returning favors himself...

Cheers,

Xavi

:wink: She needs o see your character sheet first
:wink: Otherwise she has no information to make a decision on
:wink: and she is not that kind of girl. Don't confuse her for her parents (lecherous archmagus father and freespirited party-girl mother)

:stuck_out_tongue:

Why not?
Marie is a quite charming lady, after all, and I'd like to spend some time... learning under her guidance.

The spoon of heavy penetration :laughing:

Most realistic idea, IMO

Very good point.

MWAH AH AH!!!
A proper companion for a magus indeed.

Quite. My character is in the final stages of prep for posting and isn't present at the moment... but if one is left by the time I can get involved, certainly interested. :wink:

Vortigern asked if he could join us because he thinks you guys are super cool. LOL, JK. I figured that if Ken and Muttonbone are not with us, then I could take on one more.

However, he is not here yet. I will introduce him when we get the meat of the story going. Which will be when Boxer and Xavi get their sheets up :stuck_out_tongue:

Just got home (12 PM). Not in the right state of mind to finish up Marcellus Glacius. I feel the pressure mounting, though. Point taken.

Xavi

LOL, you have the rest of the week. However, I myself can make two or three magi a night, so I have no idea what takes you so long. You must really be wanting to get him "just-right".

Basically I have to write his background and deal with the lab acvitvities. I hate lab activities. The rules are beautifully done, but I have never enjoyed the experience. )0% of my spells are cuistom-made since they need to account for giant-sized targets. I will need to select which ones form my wish list I want to have, because there is no way I can get them all ready.

I also need to prepare the lab. In general, I hate number crunching, so this kind of activity is booooooooooring to me. :confused:

Just FYI

Xavi

JFYI, I am not as interested in the accounting as I am in the final product. I can also be helpful to you in this regard. Send me what you have so far and I will advise you how to make it much easier.

Dinner scene posted.

Tonight I will send the character to you, Mark.

Xavi

HEAR ME MIGHTY STORYGUIDE!

Xavi's storytelling roll deserves a roleplaying bonus!

Done. What shall his reward be?

:smiley: Thanks

Generally the bonus is just that: a +1 to +3 added to the roll. At least that is how we do that IMS. If the interpretation is consistent throughout the adventure it gets you bonus XP, but if it is for a single escene, you get a bonus to the roll if the interpretation is thought to have been cool and in character.

Isn't that the standard way of handling this in Ars? I thought so.... (and so seems to be JeanMichelle's interpretation, BTW)

But if you want to grant me a queen ov vis, I will not say "no" :laughing: LMAO

Cheers,

Xavi