General Table Talk

As Guillaume talks with his violent spells, he'll be with the group outside.

He'd go in, so long as he can make sure no one's going to truss up Vibria while his back is turned. :slight_smile:

Gardaitis suggested taking Vibria in with him, so Vulcanus is almost obligated to go along to protect her (and her virtue) from Ghulio. :slight_smile:

Aack. I'm getting confused. At some point we got a post over here instead of in the Drake Hunt thread. We should make sure we don't fragment that one.

I just wanna point out that I would not be talking with myself. I worked out the stats for the creature with Fixer and he has agreed to roleplay it when the time comes. So I may be in for some surprise :slight_smile:

I wasn't expecting any difficulty, just clarifying a spell. In retrospect, I should have done that on this thread...

I'm going to be airborne most of the day tomorrow (the 4th), and don't know what my access will be like for a couple days after that. By the end of the week, I expect things to be back to "normal" for a couple of days, but I start my new job next week, so I should be available evenings. Don't know yet what that's going to do to my posting rate, but we'll see.

Travel safely!

Travel Light brother

Good luck, Peregrine!

Note that, if the other shell is held by someone with Parma, or inside an Aegis, you have to penetrate anyway for it to take any effect.
=> Even assuming that InIm allows the perception of things that are outside the Target (and I disagree :wink:), if casting this while a magus holds the other shell, unless he happened to be waiting by the shell's side, this would make the spell useless.
OTOH, I do agree that the CrIm part of the spell is not as limited*: Your voice is created there, and can be heard by people around the clamshell. It's the InIm part that is problematic (and works through the rule of cool and flavour)

Just like any other spell, the description only tells what happens if the spell works :wink: One shouldn't assume that it means it is essentially better than other InIm spells, especially since it is a Net Grimoire spell (And I'm not saying that the spell ain't fine as written, mind you)

• Hum... Now, it is way easier there, since you don't have to cast anything at AC range, and can bypass MR.
    You can cast a CrIm base 1, +1 touch, +1 conc, +... is it 2? for lvl 05 spell on a stone, and give it to another magus. Since parma doesn't cancel magic, and since this is CrIm, not InIm, you can make words as a normal Individual at the stone as long as you concentrate. How to put it? This is like creating a moving illusion at touch range and going away while still maintaining the illusion. Once created, you don't have to keep the range. So if one of the magi inside has cast such an effect and keep concentrating, he can make words come out of the stone even if he himself says nothing, warning the group of any problem.

I had forgotten that, if I knew it at all. Awesome.

On unrelated news, I was at a gaming convention this WE. I played to a random game that was named Deathwatch, that happened to be based on Space Marines from warhammer 40K. Due to a little planning, good ammo choices, a powerful weapon and lucky rolls, I easily killed almost all the opposition we encountered by myself, and thus managed to win a price for... brutes :laughing:. I found that funny, since Marko asked me to play the Brute :laughing:
Barely slept, though, so I just managed to lose 15 minutes staring blancky at my screen.

awesome :slight_smile:

Hmmm... Completely the reverse for me. By the end of the week I expect things to be totally different. Tomorrow I welcome my first apprentice into the world. :smiley: After that her feeding schedule will let me know when I can get online.

Congratulations!!

Congrats!!!!

That's fantastic news, callen. Congratulations!

Congrats callen!! You just became the apprentice of your child. he will be the one in control ordering you around, after all :mrgreen:

Congratulations, redux. So, I guess fifteen minute 'net bursts a few times a day,then? :smiley:

Having gone through something similar, it's more like fifteen minute 'net bursts a few times in a 24-hour period.
Also, say goodbye to sleep now. :smiley:

Apropos of nothing -- it's the 5th. I take it The Peregrine Has Landed? :smiley:

Kindasorta. Staying at a hotel for a day or two until I get something to sleep on, but I've got a start on getting my stuff from my sister's to my new place. Going to do some shopping this afternoon/evening, unpack the rest of the week, and start work Tuesday. It's about a 25 minute walk to work, so I'll be able to be on most evenings, it looks like.

Well, I'm about as settled in to my new place as I'm going to get until I start getting paychecks again, in a few weeks. I don't start work until Tuesday, and we're expecting rain this weekend so I doubt I'll be going anywhere. Down side, I got a slight case of the crud (although not as bad as last time I moved – drove almost 1800 miles in three days, and then slept for most of the next three).

So I'll be trying to get caught up on everything the next day or two. If I can remember what the froo I'm doing. :smiley: