[Gloom] basic Q&A and Unwelcome Guests

Hi, greetings from Belgrade, Serbia. I've recently bought a Gloom, and for time being i'm playing it in two, though I have several questions concerning basic set rules.

1. Card event TWIST OF FATE (Replace the top Modifier on a character with one from your hand. Keep the Modifier you replace).
Am I replacing Top Modifier meaning Modifier with Pathos Points on Top (top, middle, bottom Modifiers) regardless its position on a character pile or a top Modifier meaning the top card that is currently on a character?
Second part of question is: when it reads 'with one from your hand' does it mean any Modifier that I currently have in my hand or a Modifier with Top Pathos Point provided that I have one?

1. Can I play multiple Events (first and second play) such as Stormy night (draw four additional cards) and Misfortune Favors the Old (play two additional cards)?

2. When Modifiers with immediate effect already triggered move to another character (opponent's or your own) do they get activated once again? I understand that Modifiers with continuous effects stay active as long as they are not covered.

4. If it happens that one player in his family has more cards with additional instruction to increase/reduce draw limit does it multiply draw limit (e.g. player ending the turn with e.g. 7 cards or 2). Actually, how many times do I increase/reduce my draw limit if I have, let's say 3 such cards at the same time on different characters?

1. When card reads 'you may...something' is it a obligation or a possibility (must be done or can be done)?

2. Root of all Evil - Draw one card from each opponent's hand and immediately play those you wish (which card am I to play: those I pulled from my opponent's hand (in my case 1 card -two player game) or any card that I have in my hand)?

3. Unwelcome Guests card - Suspicious Departure

You may discard this card and a Guest attached to your family to cancel the effects of any card as it is played ?
The Guest is removed from the game.

I'll appreciate any answers. Waiting 12 days for answer and counting...
Thnx

My apologies for the slow response!

Am I replacing Top Modifier meaning Modifier with Pathos Points on Top (top, middle, bottom Modifiers) regardless its position on a character pile or a top Modifier meaning the top card that is currently on a character?
You are replacing the modifier that is currently on the top of the stack, regardless of the points that are on that modifier.

Can I play multiple Events (first and second play) such as Stormy night (draw four additional cards) and Misfortune Favors the Old (play two additional cards)?
Yes, you may play an event on your first and second play.

When Modifiers with immediate effect already triggered move to another character (opponent's or your own) do they get activated once again?
No. The immediate effect is triggered when the card is played from someone's hand. If it is moved by an event, the effect isn't triggered again. Nor will the event trigger again if it's covered up and then uncovered. It only triggers when it is played.

When card reads 'you may...something' is it a obligation or a possibility (must be done or can be done)?
If the word "may" is used, it is an optional effect.

Root of all Evil - Draw one card from each opponent's hand and immediately play those you wish (which card am I to play: those I pulled from my opponent's hand (in my case 1 card -two player game) or any card that I have in my hand)?
The only cards you may play as a follow-up to this event are those you have taken from your opponent's hands.

I'm not sure what you're asking with question 7. Could you be more specific?

tnx for answers once again some clarification pls.

1. Unwelcome Guests card - Suspicious Departure card " You may discard this card and a Guest attached to your family to cancel the effects of any card as it is played ? The Guest is removed from the game."

Can I play this card even if though i do not have a Guest, what does effects of any card mean (effects of modifiers and event or just events) ?

1. If it happens that one player in his family has more cards with additional instruction to increase/reduce draw limit does it multiply draw limit (e.g. player ending the turn with e.g. 7 cards or 2). Actually, how many times do I increase/reduce my draw limit if I have, let's say 3 such cards at the same time on different characters?
    Just to add, i've counted 7 reduced limit cards and 5 increased cards in gloom basic + unwelcome guests, so (in two or more players game) if opponent has 5 reduce cards at same time he is empty handed ?

You have to have a Guest to sacrifice to use the card.

Your draw limit is only increased or decreased by the text showing. For example, you have five living characters, two have draw limit decreases showing, one character has a draw limit increase showing, and two characters have no draw limit text showing. Your draw limit would be four (five – one – one + one) assuming you had no cards in your hand. Remember, your draw limit only comes into play when you are refilling your hand.

Can you steal a dead unwelcome guest using the card that allows you to take another player's unwelcome guest? Thanks!

I wouldn't think so. I assume you mean play a Modifier with a story icon (for example Death) to lure a Dead Wil Wheaton to you. Now you could play a card that discards a dead character that used to be a Guest.