[Gloom] Puzzling Unwelcome Guests Question

According to the rules:
"...Guests "follow the card types noted on them, no matter where it currently is, a living guest immediately moves to join the family of the Character on which one of its "trigger cards is played..."

My question is:
If a guest who follows the money icon is currently attached to a family with a money modifier, what happens if a competing family gets a money modifier card played on them? There are now two families with a money modifier card showing; does the guest stay with their current family or travel to the new one?

I'm assuming that the guest WOULD move to the new family (even though both families are showing the same type of 'trigger' card). I just want to be sure this is what the rule is saying...

Also...
...if a guest is currently attached to a family with the right 'trigger' card, what happens if that trigger is removed/covered and there is more than one competing family with the required 'trigger' card showing? Who gets the guest? Or does the guest stay with the current family (even though they no longer show the needed 'trigger') until a NEW 'trigger' is played on someone?

Please let me know! Thanx.

It moves to the new card when a new trigger is played ... the card it's currently sitting on doesn't matter ... "no matter where it currently is, a living Guest immediately moves to join the family of the character on which one of its "trigger" cards is played."

The rules don't say that a guest is moved if the trigger icon it moved to join is covered/removed, so by default it stays where it is in that case.

Correct - the guest moves whenever the trigger occurs, but it doesn't matter if that triggering icon is later covered. In the case of Whiskers, he has no trigger and thus only moves when a card has an ability that forces him to move.

Awesome. Thanx for the quick response!

I also very much look forward to Cthulu Gloom. Please show us more about it when you can.

Thanx.