Grog Development

Then you are capped at 4 for your next character :slight_smile:

I've got a couple of grogs I've briefly mentioned in the past but never statted up that I've included. Hopefully I'll have time very soon to get to them...

[u]Magi[/u]
Solomon
Acutus

Companions
Selim

[u]Covenfolk/Grogs[/u]
Alexandre (Solomon’s shield grog, unstatted; former crusader with the flaw from Grogs where he has received his last rites but did not die)
Silvia (Solomon’s personal servant, unstatted; former apprentice now Bound to Solomon’s sanctum)

[u]Animals[/u]
Sophia (Solomon’s magic owl familiar)
Zahira (Selim’s saluqi [hunting dog] animal companion)

The limits I placed on you are artificial. Some optimization and pushing boundaries is fine. It is more of an issue of being limited in dimension and having little or no relation to any of the current characters of the saga. Fleur is easy to write in. The other characters seem like they are responding to Andorra's help wanted ad on Craigslist. Donna and Adan make sense as having followed Fleur here from Provencal. You mentioned somewhere considering making another companion. I might suggest working with Fightmaster to create a scholar he can hire from the Scholomance.

Certainly, I would also be interested in playing an apprentice next time someone is looking for one...

Once we get past the City of Brass adventure and Solomon has time to get all of his arts up to 5, which will take probably a year or two, he's going to be looking for an apprentice. And the good thing is that with his InVi lab total, he can open the arts with someone with supernatual abilities without them losing them.

regarding the professor- how would you feel about this being a magic character?

Not so keen on that. Looking for more of a regular teacher kind of guy from Hungary or Seria or whatever, someone who attended the Scholomance. Maybe a supernatural ability, but not much beyond that.

Collecting everyone's data and looking up what we have recorded, this is the census I have thus far...

Any additions or corrections?

For my second Grog could I create a spirit for my sanctum, or is there something about the sanctum I would need to find by investigation first?

Do not count the ghost of a haunted sanctum or a monster hook type deal. Those are flaws that need to bbe discovered and resolved first. In fact, there is no point in listing any spiits in the census. It just amuses me that we have at least three of them. I wonder if they invisibly lay poker in the middle of the room when no one can see them

I'm more trying to come up with my second grog character, and since I have that flaw thought I might make a usefull ghost to go with the set, and thought I'd run the idea up the flagpole as it were...

How about a couple of almogavars based on this template.

Make that four spirits - Mica's father, Francisco of Tremere, is her magical ghost companion. And if we're tracking animals, Bernhard has a magical horse named Faran. Should Amelia Younger be Amada?

I prefer not to use templates, can I introduce a young warrior who has left the service of the kingdom of Aragon?

I am not sure about Amada and Amelia Younger. The one that is a fighter, I wanna put her on the draft list for the Brass Expedition.

As for the Template, look it rather more like a set of minimum expected scores. If you want to create something from scratch, pitch me an idea and keep in mind that template basically states out lout the ability scores I am looking for. And this would be a grog level warrior. Not a runaway noble or a faerie knight. Ad think of your ackstory, about how you got hired. Dis you come with Fleur? Do you work for one of the two mercenary companies?
Perhaps if you limit yourself to 15xp per year and allow me to suggest how to allot the rest?

I added Francisco and others to the list using edit powers. Keep scrutinizing the list and suggest names for grogs (warriors and servants).

None of them are fighters. Amelia the Elder is Vocis's wife and has no skills that matter to the covenant. Amada is Vocis's daughter and a scribe for the covenant. She was mentioned as possibly joining the expedition to the City of Brass as an interpreter, not a warrior. With Selim along I doubt that's necessary now. Amelia the Younger is Amada's six-year-old daughter, who also has no skills that matter to the covenant. :slight_smile:

Here is the latest revision

I recategorized Amelia Elder (wife) as Companion, Amada is listed as Grog, and Amelia Younger is listed as Child.
Any further additions or corrections?

Bartholomew

Characteristics
Int 0 Per 1
Pre -2 Com 0
Str 2 Sta 2
Dex 2 Quick 2

Virtues
warrior(minor +1)
improved characteristics(minor +1)
tough(minor +1)

Flaws
Viatacarius(minor -1)
outcast(minor -1)
pious(minor -1)

Abilities
Catalan 5
area knowledge-Andora 2
brawl 3
stealth 2
single weapon 5
survival 4
ride 4
profession-soldier 3
Animal Handling 2
Carouse 1
Athletics 3
Awareness 4
Bargain 1
Charm 2
Folk Ken 2
Guile 1
hunt 4
Leadership 2

Barthalomew was a part of the shield line for the Kingdom of Andora's army, until he was nearly killed in battle. Given the rights of extreme unction Bartholomew unexpectedly pulled through. Unfortunately the remainder f the unit quickly became uncomfortable serving with him knowing what he had gone through, so he signed up with another unit which seemed to have fewer problems accepting unusual situations... he is a bit young compared to your golden griffons, but a perfectly competent soldier who has seen combat.

Pretty good. Well rounded, a heavy hitter where it counts. Pretty awesome.
Except for a major historical flaw...
Andorra is not a kingdom, and it has no army. According to tradition, Charlemagne gave the people of Andorra sovereignty over their lands out of gratitude for their service and assistance in his campaigns against the Moors. The have a copy of this charter in the capitol of Andorra la Vella. There is like five or six parishes that comprise Andorra. Maybe seven. Anyway, back then as today, the parishes send representatives to a governing council in la Vella. Lacking military protection, they have turned to the Bishop of Urgel and the Count of Foix, flip-flopping as pragmatic. This lead to the current situation, where these two powers dispute authority over the land yet neither has actually ever been there or has anything to do with it. In real history, the matter is settled in the 1260's with a joint custody treaty that amounts to little more that an annual token tribute. A couple of hames and a fruit basket and a thank you card. This tradition carries on to this day 2014. Andorra is jointly ruled by the King of Spain and the King of France (the President of France standing in for the king), but in reality they run themselves under a modernized constitutional government, with a council made up of representatives of the parishes. Still no army.

Alternative Options...

• Son of a Grog: You are the son of one of the Andorran Guard from the old days. All but a handful of those guys are dead, including your father. Now you want to follow in his foot steps. Everything remains the same, just replace "kingdom" with covenant" and "army" with "guard".
  • Young Buck from Aragon: You got something to prove, and you got the skills to back it up (or do you?). Same story, just replace "Andorra" with "Aragon". Aragon is close by, it is feasible you could be a local wandering sell-sword that happens by.
  • Radar: Switch out one of your Virtues for Premonitions. Even though you are young, that single specific talent caught the attention of the recruiters for the Vibria Company (parent organization to the Gold Griffons). The character could then conceivably come from anywhere in Europe.