grogs of bentalone

Miguela Potente is okay on build, but her combat statistics seem off- for knife brawling (without armor) I get Init 2, attk +8, def +6, dmg+5
for single weapon I calculate a combined, not individual statistics, which gives init 3, attk 12, def 11, and dmg 9. I don't know where you are getting, for example a +1 attk with shield when the shield has no attk bonus...

I fully admit there may be mistakes in those calculations (my fault, not particularly up on combat total calcs), so will review them. One thing that might not be apparent though, is that her Single Weapon is spec on Heater Shield (per the Single Weapon entry), and this apparently means she gets to add that spec with any single weapon, as long as she is using that shield. But your totals are probably correct!

that would boost her single weapon combo to attk 13 and def 12...since I assume she will always use the shield with the sword. I'm going to go ahead and call her approved- right now she serves as a personal bodyguard but will also probably be training to be a serjent.

Clarabella Potente is up for approval. She has Skinchanger (Eagle), used the Falcon bits from Mundane Beasts, but with a +1 to Size, as well as the Eagle mention in HoH:MC, and those rules there to generate.

feral upbringing specifically forbids starting with a score in a language. You have 2 languages at 2.

Ahh, misinterpreted that, thought it meant just for the starting 120 points! Will fix tonight, thanks.

The 2 other Potente sisters are up on the wiki for approval.

(Removed the Feral Upbringing Flaw)

Clarebella is good, and approved.
Ursula has only 6 points in characteristics, and 571 points in abilities...

Guillhelm Vidal has 30 points in abilities, and should have 45.
Jaufres Vidal is approved

Fixed. Apparently Guillhelm was trying to sneak out of his Latin classes, but he got caught.

Ursula has only 6 points in characteristics, and 571 points in abilities...

Wow, I am getting worse, not better. Will fix, thanks!

Just looked at her again, and while she had indeed only spent 6 points in characteristics (fixed) she was only 10 points off in skills (290), hardly 571! (Fixed)

okay, the only issues now are: 1) the (1) on faerie lore spends one extra point you don't have, and 2) I hold with the idea that craft abilities should be based in medium, not "sculpture"= I realize this is how it is described under the virtue, but I am going to ask you to pick a medium instead, presumably either wood or wax...

Ok, she has 290 to spend (45 Early childhood, 50 Arcane Lore, 195 13 years at 15/year + Figurine Magic first level is free).
She has
1 skill at 4 (Figurine Magic)- 45 points
3 skills at 3 - 90 points
8 skills at 2 - 120
7 at 1 - 35
Total 290
Maybe it's the first level of Figurine Magic that is the source of incongruity?

> 2) I hold with the idea that craft abilities should be based in medium, not "sculpture"= I realize this is how it is described under the virtue, but I am going to ask you to pick a medium instead, presumably either wood or wax...

Sure, will fix!

You have listed: Faerie Lore 1 (Kinds of Faeries) (1), which to match format with the majority of your entries for my spreadsheet to parse, is translated to Faerie Lore (Kinds of Faeries) 1 (1), at which point it is evident that you have six points rather than 5 in this ability- this is another good reason for a consistent format, in that it will make issues like this more apparent.

Ahh, I see! Will edit and keep in mind!

Ursula is approved.

Thanks!

regarding the Vidal twins- realistically they should both have covenant upbringing, whether you want to use this to pay for a new virtue, leave it open for someone else to add a virtue, or replace an existing flaw is up to you.

I would be happy to take up a Vidal twin when there is a story opportunity, and develop him into apprenticeship, if that's ok.

Question is, are we still in the design phase, where anything may be redesigned? Or are they considered fixed and (almost) approved? I don't particularly mind either way, although I think it would be a good idea to make characteristics more uneven.