Guiverna ex Miscellanea - Development

My assumption was that you could build a lab with the Highly Organized Virtue (since the description doesn't say otherwise), and that you could "accidentally" gain it when you increase the lab's Refinement.

Hmm, that's an interesting interpretation. I'd like to get a troupe ruling on that, since that will affect Acutus' lab as well.

It will effect Lucas's lab too.

As much as I'd like Highly Organized to be a Virtue you could take at the start, I tend to think that te intent of the rules is to limit it as a benefit of Refinement.

Since you can gain or lose it whenever you do refinement I'd say let them roll for it if they want when they set up the lab initially the same as when they refine the lab. They also take the same risk of flaws with that though...

That's a great compromise.

Fair enough. And since Invisible Castle is still down...again grumble...I'll try this CoyoteCode thingie.

Int 1 + Magic Theory 4 + (die roll of 1, followed by a die roll of 2) 4 = 9. This seems like a good time to try Fortune...except Fortune can't be used for seasonal activities. Ah, well.

erase erase erase

I've copy-pasted the previous sheet on the wiki, could you update any change?

D'accord, mon ami.

First draft of Guiverna's advancement plans to take her through Autumn of 1241. Written in very light pencil, barring whatever Arachné comes up with for her, and any other ideas other magi may have for covenant service (and, not incidentally, ways for her to get Vis), and if I change my mind and decide to Bind Semsuhfaw using Perdo instead of Muto. Or just have an "Oooh shiny!" moment or three.

[table][tr][th]Season[/th]
[th]Activity[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Autumn 1236[/td]
[td]Searching for a regio with Horus[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1237[/td]
[td]Building her lab (to basic)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1237 (Aging Roll)[/td]
[td]Die roll of 3 + age 4 – LC Mod 2 – LR Mod 13 = -8. No apparent aging.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spring 1237[/td]
[td]Improving her lab (to standard)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Summer 1237[/td]
[td]Learn Occitan (Catalan) from Bashir[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Autumn 1237[/td]
[td]Study Dominion Over God’s Creatures (Animal summa)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1238[/td]
[td]tbd[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1238 (Aging Roll)[/td]
[td]Aging Roll: Die roll of 8 + age 4 – LC Mod 2 – LR Mod 13 = -3. No apparent aging.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spring 1238[/td]
[tr][td]Summer 1238[/td]
[td]Enchant her Ankh with Charm Against Putrefaction[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Autumn 1238[/td]
[tr][td]Winter 1239[/td]
[td]Study On Transmutation (Muto summa)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1239 (Aging Roll)[/td]
[td]Aging Roll: Die roll of 8 + age 4 – LC Mod 2 – LR Mod 13 = -3. No apparent aging.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spring 1239[/td]
[tr][td]Summer 1239[/td]
[td]Writing Lab Texts[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Autumn 1239[/td]
[tr][td]Winter 1240[/td]
[td]Exploring regio with Horus[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1240 (Aging Roll)[/td]
[td]die roll of 0 + age 4 – LC Mod 2 – LR Mod 13 = -11. No apparent aging.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spring 1240[/td]
[td]Bind Semsuhfaw as her Familiar
Lab Total: 30
Golden Cord: 2; Silver Cord 0; Bronze Cord 2.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Summer 1240[/td]
[td]Adventure: Journey to Waddenzee[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Autumn 1240[/td]
[td]tbd[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1241[/td]
[td]Study Corpus Hermeticum (Magic Theory summa)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Winter 1241 (Aging Roll)[/td]
[td]die roll of 6 + age 4 – LC Mod 2 – LR Mod 13 -Cord 2 = -7. No apparent aging.[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spring 1241[/td]
[td]tbd[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Summer 1241[/td]
[td]tbd[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Autumn 1241[/td]
[td]tbd[/td][/tr][/table]

(moved from the Chapter 4 thread, as here seems more appropriate)

No, they're not. But they're both required. One for the regio and one for the lab. "Each location must include Regio as a Minor Boon or Minor or Free Hook. For their Labs, they must choose the Virtues of Regio and Gateway, plus the Flaw of Thoroughfare."

Each location must include Regio. And the lab must choose Regio virtue.

Unless I'm totally reading that wrong, and that they're not two separate and independent clauses.

Okay. I'll make the change on the wiki. And I'll try to come up with two more Boon points to burn.

Oh, yes, I'll have to think about this.

Feel free to come up with more just the one or two seasons (and if anyone else has anything they would like her help with, chime in). I'm thinking about redoing her schedule to leave a couple more open seasons and work on her Perdo rather than Muto for Binding Semsuhfaw (since an adder would be Perdo and not Muto).

Don't know how I missed this first paragraph last night. (I'm blaming it on my brain fog.)

But, yes, Ramon's townhouse isn't part of the regio. It is completely mundane, except for the wide crack/tunnel in the basement (which looks absolutely nothing like this, although now I can't get past the sound of "Prisoner Zero has escaped" echoing across her regio.).

So...how's this:

• Ramon's townhouse and the basement are mundane, with an Aura of 0.
  • The tunnel, from the entrance in the basement wall to the exit in the bluff in Guiverna's Regio, is a small Regio[strike]aligned with Muto, as it is[/strike] constantly changing size (both width and length).
  • Guiverna's Regio itself is an Aura 2 regio, aligned with Corpus.
  • Guiverna's Laboratory is an Aura 3 regio, also aligned with Corpus, and connects with the Nexus.

Are you taking the virtue for art alignment twice or once?

I had actually just thrown that in there for flavor text (since the variably-sized tunnel was how I imagined it from the beginning). Not sure if I can take a Boon for it, since the Variable Aura only says Forms and not Techniques, but I would like to since I have a Personal Boon Point to spare.

ROP:M has a minor virtue for an aura aligning with one of the arts, which to me would include a technique.

Interesting. But you are still limited to the Sa Dragonera HR's. Which I have not reviewed in a while. I will read up on them tonight.
So that I may address the proper question, what are the issues at hand here?

Personally I don't think Guiverna needs to take another boon for it as long as it's purely for fluff.

I think SIlveroak's point is that you've basically taken two different aligned auras; Muto for the tunnel and Corpus for the lab. In theory that gives you an advantage, because if you wanted to cast a high-level Muto spell you could go into the tunnel, while if you wanted to cast a high-level Corpus spell you could cast it in your sanctum or lab. That gives you more flexibility than the boon is meant to grant.

Make sense?

she has a multi-leveled region which is her entire sanctum, and is aligning different levels to different arts. I had some concerns about how her region descriptions fit into the mechanics of how Sa Dragonna sanctums/labs work, as well as wondering if she would need to take multiple virtues for multiple levels having multiple allignments.

Yes, it does. And I can live without it being technically aligned with Muto, as long as it's still variable width and lengh. That's the main thing I was going for, and that was pure flavor-text with no real game-mechanics benefit when I first came up with it.