Hagar qim horrible?

You proceed across the cavern, but it appears there are no large tunnels from the main chamber of this region. The chamber is about 70 yards long and 50 yards across, and you find scattered rat bones and some mushrooms growing in crevices, though it is less clear what they are growing from. Sidelong glances towards the skittering noises reveals some form of large crab like creature standing 18" at the shoulder skittering from one bit of cover to another.

"That crab creature is something to behold ! I've never seen one so gigantic in my entire life, and its pincer are large and must be quite powerful. Garcin and Henri, please keep an eye on the giant crab for a moment. I'll get us some measure of safety, because when there is one, there is more often than not more.", says Antonius in latin, his tone denoting suprise and wonderment.

Antonius then proceeds to draw a circle while walking around the two grogs, incanting loudly to cast the spell Ward against dragons. And when he is done, he continues his conversation:

"Whatever you do, don't break the circle, understood ? Your Iife might depend on it. I dont see any path leading out of this chamber, do you see one ? Weird... maybe the crab wandered and crossed into that regio, and feed on rats that did the same. And those mushrooms are strange, I wonder if the glow comes from them..."

The magus, will again look for vis, once with hearing and once with vision if some vis is heard with the hearing spell, and check the realm affiliation and level of the aura with spontaneous intellego vim spells, withouth expending fatigue. He will also try to determine if the crab creature has magical might.

(Spont spells die rolls: 6,2,6 and 6, if necessary In 5 + Vi 23 +2 sta + aura (I'll need to expend fatigue level for the vision one).

(Ward against dragons ReVi 35 : Re23 + Vi 23 + focus 23 + 2 stam + aura +1 loud words + 3 die = 74 + aura (39 above spell level +8 penetration +aura = 47 +aura penetration)
n.b. It works for any magical creatures, not just dragons)

(Perception roll, if needed : per 2 + 1 awareness + (5x2) = 13)

(OOC) I just realized that the only language this trio has in common is italian, which Garcin is barely conversant in. I was assuming we were conversing in Romany, the common tongue of the caravan, but that is not listed on Antonius' sheet, nor does Garcin speak Latin. This will be an ongoing issue with all our characters and we all should keep this in mind when interacting.

Assuming the conversation continues in Italian:

"I've seen big crab up north, and they are very tasty with butter and lemon. I'm not sure I'd want to net one from a regio, however; I'd hate to be up close and personal with a firebreathing giant crab." He'll stay still while Antonius chants; he's seen what happens when a magus botches.

(OOC : We all have a score of 3 or more in arabic, so I think that's the language we will use for this adventure)

You hear a score of gentle chimes ring out in your search for vis, at least one of them is coming from the crab you have spotted.
The aura is level 7 and magic aligned.

The magical chime of vis is music to the ears of Antonius, "This will help establish the covenant, a vis source... maybe ? Could it be the mushrooms ?, he mumbles to himself in latin, before proceeding to cast an InVi spell to see where the vis is. [strike]He will then attempt to collect it (if the vis is in the mushroom, he will leave some so it can regrow), but will leave the crab alone.[/strike]

[strike]As he collects the vis, he will chat with Henri and Garcin:[/strike]

"Did you know that most magical creatures are intelligent ? This crab over there contains vis, but I think it might be cognicient, so I will not harvest it. Even if it wasn't the case, one needs not to be greedy[strike], and there is plenty of vis around here without needing to kill anything, and being honest[/strike] risking you getting injured. Furthermore, Nicolae might want to chat with that crabs, they might know things about this grotto system, if the creatures is still there in a few days."

[strike]When he is done:[/strike]

"Let's head leave this regio, we have learned what we can from it. Let's explore the other tunnels for a few hours and then head back. Maybe one of the large tunnel will bring use to another interesting discovery like this ! Let's take the left one."

Edited: To reflect additional information.

(InVi 15 Base 1, D: sun +2 , T:Vision +4, 5 in 23 vi 2 +7 aura + die roll 1 (0) = 37)
(ReVi Gather the essence of the beast, roll only to check if I need to roll for botch : 8)

All of the vis is in crabs, who are not holding still for it to be extracted. You do get close enough to notice that the crabs have stone claws.

They will explore the three large tunnels when they exit the regio.

The first tunnel leads to an underground pool, with cave fish swimming in it. The cave continues on if you were to cross the pool, and the pool appears to be fed by a gentle current which is crosswise to the cave itself. The water is warm.

The second tunnel leads upward in a half spiral then starts back in the direction which you came from, a bit to one side, and opens up into yet another cavern with multiple tunnels in and out.

The third tunnel, which is the one Antonius explores, continues back about 30 feet before it forks into two tunnels. It is readily apparent that this tunnel system is vast, and you could easily become lost if you press your explorations too far.

Antonius chats with Garcin and Henri as they head back to the entrance of the blue grotto:

"The day is well underway, and we are not at all equiped to conduct a detailled survey of this gigantic cave system. The blue grotto is certainly one of multiple entry points... I wonder where the rest are. Certainly there is more than just crabs dwelling in there, speaking of which, let us be careful when we are near the dock, the ... sailors for lack of a better term for now might have come back, as if they are pirates or smugglers, they must operate at night."

There are no signs of the sailors, whatever variation of that profession they may be, on your return trip. As you reach the top of the cliff to return to Hagar Qim and then the caravan there is a lone figure in leather armor with a green cloak standing in wait, with a cocked arbalest by his side.

Herni looks at Antonius "Any idea who that is?"

Garcin will casually move between Antonius and the armored figure

the man replies in broken Arabic. "You could just ask, I am the warden for these lands, and you are trespassing. Do you speak Itallian?"

Henri replies in mediocre Italian (3) "Yes, I can manage in Italian. Warden? We were told this was all under the control of the Sicilian prince. But then, people often leave out details."

"Count, not prince, there are no princes on Malta. Yes, it is, and I am his warden. Technically I should arrest you all, so if you would consider yourselves under arrest until we get things straightened out here, I would appreciate it."

At that point Henri will turn to Antonius (who I believe actually speaks better Italian than Henri) and let him to decide how to respond.

Antonius, was looking at his feet, but realizing it would be pointless to try to hide them, raise his head and his eyes colored like carmine and obsidian meet those of warden.

"I speak italian for I was raised by cisterian monks at the abbazia di San Giusto, not far from Tuscania. Surely this is a misunderstanding and we will oblige and consider under arrest until the matter is resolved to your satisfaction or the satisfaction of your lord, you have my word, dictum meum pactum. However, would you be so kind as to lower your arbalest? I am but a scholar and I am not thrilled by the prospect of being pierced by a bolt, especially shot by a fellow italian."

"My two companions are Garcin, and Henri, hailing from Castille and France respectively. We were merely exploring this fascinating underground cave system. We did notice a dock on our way out, does it belong to count... ?

Adressing Garcin in Arabic:

"Stand down, let us resolve this misunderstanding peacefuly."

The man has not actually raised his arbalest, though you doubt it would take him more than a second to raise and fire it.

"I am aware of the dock, and have spoken with the count about it, and that should be enough for you. You can speak with his lordship if you can get an appointment in Mdina, until he says otherwise you should stay away from these lands." He thinks for a second then says "Okay, here is what I am going to do, I'm going to take Henri and Garcin here into custody, I'll take them to Mdina. You, I didn't catch your name, anyways I know you are with the caravan, you can take word back about your friends to raise the money for the fines and let the rest of your covenant know to stay away."

Antonius think for a few seconds, and suspecting that the count could try to obtain information from the grogs while they would be under his guard, and then moves in front of Garcin and Henri:

"These terms are... unacceptable to me. The offense we may have cause to the count by trespassing on his land, altough caused by ignorance, is entirely my fault. After all, Nemo censetur ignorare legem... I will go with you, and my servant shall bring the message to the caravan, for they were only following my lead."

The magus turns towards Garcin and Henri, and says in Arabic:

"Go back at the caravan, and tell Tomas and Paphos what happened here. A meeting with the count was overdue anyway, but please be hasty."

He then adress the warden once more, in italian:

"My associates and I have wanted to meet the count for some time... He seems to listen to you, maybe you could arrange a for a meeting sooner than later, so we could discuss business with your lord. I am curious, how big of a fine are you talking about?"