Hey Abe

Maybe?

I 'gotta' do it.

:unamused:

New Spell:

PerdoCorpus

"End of the Irritating Giant"

R: Touch D:Mom T:Ind

The spell when cast, cripples the targets hands. The crippling is so sever and painful, that the target is unable to perform any deterous tasks at all...playing and instrument (keyboard,piano flute etc), pick up pen or even tie a knot.
If the Caster has an Arcane connection to the Target, he may simply touch the connection to cast it on the target. (ie Hair, Written words etc)

Base: 20, +1 touch, +2 complex action, +4 Arc

Did I miss anything?

DARN. put it in the Wrong place...
:blush:

I have knowledge,I just have trouble putting it in words,thats all.

huh? Nah, must have just been the rustling of a branch knocking against the windows!

In the Yahoo! Eberron Group i am in ,
someone was banned for being undiplomatically uncivil to Abe about his meaningless post scribbles.
14 emails later and 03 people unsubscribing ,
we get the member re-instated and an explanation from the Group Moderator.
Despite what mild amusement we get from dealing with his inane posts ,
he causes nothing but trouble in any group he joins.
The Ignore is just not good enough at times.
It is always the same polarisation ,
those who want to get rid of the annoying troll
and those who defend the right to post of someone with a claimed
(but never proven beyond his word on the internet) learning disability.
(unless his actual posts are taken as proof)

There is a woman in the Eberron Group who has a daughter with Asperger syndrome.
She is going to communicate with him to see if she can help.
For my mind , i will be very suspicious if he refuses a sympathetic and caring response from this lady.

beleive me I appreciate any help I can get,I just have trouble following threw on the help a lot of the time.

It does not seem to matter much if you are willing to be helped though.

If part of the problem is that you continue to make the same mistakes ,
then nothing we do can actually help you.

You no longer claim to have access to the 4th Ed Rules (still a free pdf).
No progress has been made in well over a year.
As noted elsewhere , even with access to a large number of D&D books ,
you are unable to follow the guidelines of that system.

ok! I tend to make the same mistake over & over again(part of autism & aspurgers syndrome)don't pick on me because of it!

hardy har har

Nothing i said was anything other than a statement of fact.
It looks to me as if we are unable to help you in any useful way.

All we can do is direct you to all the previous answers to the same questions you ask.

Abe, quite a few members of the Ars community have various forms of diability. I myself, for example, have a disability. It's not that we are unsympathetic to disability issues, and some of the parodies of mental illness that appeared in previous editions have been made far more reflective of real confitions, or dropped entirely, in the new edition.

The problem many of us are having is that you are symptomatically atypical of a person with Asperger's. That is, your observed behaviour doesn't mesh with what many of us, who have friends and colleauges who have autism spectrum disorders, have seen in the past. This makes us assume that you are a troll, who is mocking those people who do have Asperger's by hiding your behaviour behind their personal tragedy.

Abe, I work in a library that has as part of its function, the distribution of learning aids for diabled children. The idea that you are a person with autism who has sufficent functioning to compose posts, but not to download and read a file...well, that seems unlikely to me.

Like most people I find trolls who attempt to make life harder for mentally ill people by parodying them to be extremely annoying. I'd prefer you got your act together enough to download and read the basic rules. I accept that this is unlikely - I'd just like it to be clear to you that "I have Asperger's and it makes me repeatedly break the common ettiquette of your group, to the annoyance of many, but you can't do anything about it because you wouldn't pick on a disabled guy, would you." won't fly with us.

Some of us don't accept you are disabled. Some of us do, and just don't care. My early years of participation in the Ars Magica community coincided with the worst stages of my illness, and, no, the Ars community didn't cut me any breaks when I was a pain in the poserior. It exists to give pleasure to its members: it is not designed as a therapy tool, although I'd suggest I used it as one.

You are expected, regardless of your personal circumstances, to have -read the rules- to participate in this community. This is not a negotiable element of this community's make-up.

Timothy ,
if you have no objections , i would like to post your reply to the Eberron Group i am in.
Or at least send it to the Moderator.
We had a banning (later rescinded) and an unpleasant flurry of emails due to the arguments caused by a response to Abe's posts.

It's published and on the public record...so, no problem. It's a pity about the spelling mistakes. 8)

Ok , thanks. :slight_smile:

Timothy,

Thank you for a very well-coined post exactly on the mark! And I could not agree more. Even if Abe might not respond in full to this, it is very clarifying for the rest of us and how we feel about the situation. Thanks.

I might not be typical Rules basically have to be drilled into my head VERY hard & I tend to be forgetful of LOTS of rules!

Then I'm sorry, but you aren't able to participate effectively in our community, Abe. Our game has rules, and in the same way that if you refused or were unable to learn the rules of tennis, if you refuse to learn the rules of Ars Magica fandom, then no sensible person will wish to play with you.

I'd point out that your response is deceptive. Abe: you were asked to quote one subject heading from the book. You could not, because you have not downloaded the rules. To say thst you are very forgetful is to attempt to cloud the issue. You have no copy of the book, therefore, I believe, you have never even tried to learn the rules. It's not that you are a slow learner: it's the you haven't actually tried to learn.

My basic point above still stands though: I'm sorry Abe, but regardless of your disabled status, if you won't learn the rules, then you can't effectively participate in this community. Your pleading that it is difficult for you, true or false, is irrelevant. You can't play tennis unless you know the rules, and Ars fandom is just the same.

Even with copies of the D&D rules (which the King County library system has) ,
you can't even copy the basic information about magic items or prestige classes.

I will note that you do not seem to have joined any of the larger online Gaming Communities ,
such as RPG.Net or The Wizards of the Coast Boards.
(at least not using any variation of Abraham Ray)
From my perspective , any board which has full-time moderators.