Hogsmeade Tavern

With the sheer size of Bea's place (60'x35'), B or C would be best.

I thought that as well until I read the text for the basic lab flaw. It is two seasons.

Time becomes way more important to magi that just about anything.

No, it is one season. Covenants p 116 - Basic flas says specifically that this flaw takes a season to remove.

Can grogs study books in the library? I'd like to have Cory study one or two, but I'm not sure who has access.

I never bothered to place them. I just figured that whoever claimed them could "find" them wherever they wanted.

The older labs, for the most part, do take time to rebuild. (Detailed in House-Hunting thread.)

Scylla's old lab (taken by Angus) will take two seasons to get usable: one to get from a -5 penalty to a -3, and a second to erase the penalty entirely.

Cainneach & Cináed's (Corbin) and Sylvanus's (unclaimed?) will take one season to get from -3 to no penalty.

All of the other labs (Curwen, Doineann, and Drystan/Corvus) are technically usable as-is, although the new owners might want to take time to reconfigure them.

I'm interested in items too, both crafting some and buying. This is an item Corbin is planning to invent in Winter 1221. It's not adding mechanics which many lab rats will like, but its typical of his character. If others want one let me know.

Insulation for the Dedicated Lab
Perdo Imagonem 25, R: Touch, D: Sun, T: Structure
This effect stops any sounds from entering or leaving the structure, granting the "Well Insulated" lab virtue (+1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics).
(Base 3 to remove sound, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, +3 Structure)
Device effect total 29 (2 uses per day +1, environmental trigger +3 = constant)
Note: 1220.2 LT for PeIm is 60 = 1 season to create.

We still have to spend season setting them up for us. I followed the rules on on pg 118 for taking over a lab. Corvus will have to spend another season removing Predecessor flaw.

Doesn't it take two seasons to get rid of a flaw? One to increase Refinement and another to get rid of a flaw? I ask because I'm looking to get rid of a flaw and I've tagged it as taking two seasons.

It does but Corvus has +1 refinement left over for taking over the lab. The Lab came with +3 refinement. Corvus' Magic Theory 4 - 3 refinement = 1 refinement adjusting the lab. This is from the sidebar on pg 118 of Covenants.

We used to play that adding or removing a major virtue/flaw took more refinement and seasons. I think it took +2 refinement and 2 seasons for a major virtue/flaw or Lab feature. I am not sure if that was a house rule or not.

Is that how it goes? The sidebar notes (in part) that:

So with a MT score of 4, Corvus' new lab would have a Refinement of +1, not +4. Technically, he would lose two Virtues from being "unable to incorporate all of its improvements into [his] method." (Though Perigrine may be hand-waving that away.)

Deleted post, I misunderstood

That is what I said. Corvus has +1 refinement rather than +3. He can not incorporate some virtues and they do not count to the lab total although he added a flaw from role playing. It does not mean the tree is not in his lab. It means he can not use it's bonuses for lab totals.

Ah, now I see. I grabbed the wrong end of the stick in interpreting what you said. Sorry for any confusion.

We've got a lot of unnamed books. That means there's a lot of "I'm studying the other Magic Theory summa," or "I'm studying the Creo summa." Seems to me it wouldn't be hard to come up with proper names for them so we don't have to keep using the bare numbers. Here's my take on some possible names. What do people think?

[tableborder][tr][th][left]BOOK[/left][/th] [th][left]PROPOSED NAME[/left][/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Creo Summa; L10 Q15[/td] [td]Substantiation[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Intellego Summa; L14 Q12[/td] [td]The Inquisitorial Eye[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Muto Summa; L17 Q14[/td] [td]Transformations of the Elements[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Perdo Summa;L17 Q14[/td] [td]The Art of Undoing[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego Tractatus 1: Q10[/td] [td]Spells of Translocation[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego Tractatus 2: Q10[/td] [td]Manipulating Things from Afar[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Rego Tractatus 3: Q10[/td] [td]Changing People's Minds[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Summa; L17 Q14[/td] [td]The Nature of the Beast[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aquam Summa; L17 Q14[/td] [td]Beneath the Waves[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Corpus Summa; L12 Q13[/td] [td]Manipulation of the Human Body[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Imaginem Summa; L16 Q13[/td] [td]De Imagine[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mentem Summa; L13 Q13[/td] [td]Mentem et Manes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Terram Summa; L12 Q15[/td] [td]Terram Mysticum[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim Summa; L12 Q15[/td] [td]On the Nature of Vim[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim Tractatus 1: Q10[/td] [td]A Primer on Harvesting Vis[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim Tractatus 2: Q10[/td] [td]On the Nullification of Magic[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Vim Tractatus 3: Q10[/td] [td]On Piercing the Veils of Regionnes[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration Summa; L7 Q13[/td] [td]Techniques of Spellcasting, Vol. 1[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Lore Tractatus; Q10[/td] [td]On the Faerie Burgh of Loch Ness (Author: Scylla of Merinita)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory Summa: L8 Q11[/td] [td]De Magia Sympathetica[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory Tractatus 1; Q11[/td] [td]Numerology in Magic[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory Tractatus 2; Q11[/td] [td]On Thaumaturgic Relationships[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

I missed that sidebar.

So, to recap-slash-retcon:

• Angus, in Scylla's old lab. That lab has a Refinement of 0, but it has the Wrecked flaw, which will take two seasons to recover from. At the end of that time, the lab will have a Refinement of 0. Angus can take an additional season to improve it, raising the score to 1 (the highest he can have at this time).
  • Corbin, in Cainneach & Cináed's lab. With a current Refinement of 0 and the Basic flaw, he can take a season to be able to use it, with a Refinement of +1; he can take additional seasons to improve it, with the standard rules.
  • Corvus, in Drystan's lab. He will have to take a season to get a feel for it, but will have to bring the Refinement down from 3 to 1 (the max he can have with his current Magic Theory score).

I nominate Trogdor as "the hardest working player" for naming all these books. Legend.

When Corvus refines the lab, does that bring back the existing refinements or can he change them? My guess is the former.

I'd say the later; you can continue to refine as you wish, but having the materials and equipment would mean no justification needed fir where the exotic materials come from.

Actually Arthur is the one repairing the lab from its wrecked status, giving Angus more time for reading...