Hogsmeade Tavern

Trogdor, have you reserved enough posts in that thread? Just want to check before replying.

I think I'm good. :wink:

Jebrick, have you reserved the spaces you want before comments?

So, it would appear based on the comment so fall the other players that the only unclaimed Art and concept is one related to Ignem. Any objection to something based on that concept?

I think we're doomed to some overlap as it stands. I can already see that I'm going to overlap with some others.

FWIW, I'm planning to go with a typical 'faerie' set of powers, the idea being he's focusing the power of his faerie blood. So there will be some animal, some herbam, some imaginem, etc. I don't expect to be the generalist that silveroak is. But I'll be a bit spread out.

Fire away. I generally will have one sheet for all of the items

Sure, sure. I had been playing with Corpus concepts, when no one was discussing them, then all of a sudden three corpus concepts came up. Like I said, Ignem has been generally avoided, even by the Flambeau concept. So, it looks relatively clear to me. Mind you, I'll probably be good at some combinations that other concepts have, but not as good....

Yes, Ignem seems pretty wide open. And despite Ignem being one of the narrower Forms, there is quite a bit of cool stuff you can do with it. I'm not so sure it's really the only unclaimed Art/concept, though. I think there are options if you want to look elsewhere. But if you want to focus on Ignem, that would certainly provide some uniqueness.

I think...I have a new concept.

A descendant of the faerie goddess Brigid (deity of fire, healing, crafting and the hearth/home). Her myth is later blended with Saint Brigid. So I'm thinking of taking a mess of faerie type stuff (and looking into researching it still, natch) but taking plagued by supernatural entities - an angel trying to convince me to look more into exemplifying Saint Brigid and not the goddess one.

That being the case, I need to consider whether to go the Hermetic Alchemy/Philosophic Alchemy route now that it's clear.

Given I couldn't start with it - and I was using it only to feel particularly science-y and to make her a very...'interact with other magi' sort of way, sure. I'm not interested in pursuing the mystery cult aspect of it. And won't be doing so for this if that's the case (which it is - so I have a new concept!).

Peregrine Bjornaer, any thoughts on this? For clarity, this would be prior to being enriched that I'm talking about. The enriching process would still require seasonal work and appropriate scores.

I would be against it but I am extremely cautious about players using anything out of RoP:M as they tend to be very overbalancing. As written, Things of Virtue is rare and seems to be much more part of an adventure then something hanging around a winter covenant ( that non one has found in 50 years). Combining it with someone taking Hermetic Alchemy and Philosophic Alchemy and bringing in someone with Vulgar Alchemy.

Otherwise, they sound like they would be bought a a vis source. The Muto vis source I bought could easily be described as Faerie Loaves(RoP:M pg 128) and get the same result.

I could see buying one that has been found in the past as an enchanted device...

I'm retiring from the campaign, the number of players is too overwhelming for me sorry for the inconvenience.

I deleted my character development for clarity.

Good luck.

Bitter.

Sorry to lose you. :frowning:

Sorry for the delays in my responses. Been busy with stuff this week (and feeling just a wee bit overwhelmed by the response my little toybox has generated), but I'll get everything responded to this weekend. (Unless tonight's Doctor Who is, impossibly, more awesome than I think it will be and I wind up rewatching it six or eight times.)

2 BP sounds good to me.

I used to have a good list somewhere of what the medieval precious/semi-precious stones were, but can't find it anywhere. Probably lost in the three new computers I've had since I remember actually using it.

For a companion concept, I'd like to select a Mercenary Captain. Perhaps at the covenant till it gets up and working, or perhaps using it as an agreed base of operations for his "work". Covenants are out of the way in terms of mundanes.

Be aware that the Covenant is in the middle of no where surrounded by clans that do not hire mercenaries. Unless the Covenant is hiring them.