Hogsmeade Tavern

Before I just do it... When advancing past gauntlet, can Corvus use his Faerie-rased magic in lieu of a season in the lab to invent spells. It is only worth it if the spell is Mag 5 or less.

While I am there, what is the assumed aura for lab work when we are advancing past gauntlet? 3?

I don't think it will help. Look at ArM5, p.32 (1st paragraph of right column). You can already spend the 30 experience on spells as 1 pt for 1 level.

Go down a little further in the same column. Look at point 3, giving an Aura of 3.

I don't think it will help. Look at ArM5, p.32 (1st paragraph of right column). You can already spend the 30 experience on spells as 1 pt for 1 level.

Does level == Magnitude?

My bad. I forgot that Virtue used magnitudes. I would be fine with that as long as it's conditions can be met reasonably.

In character generation, use the rules in the main rulebook (1 xp = 1 spell level).

In play, you can use his Faerie Raised Magic to invent spells like that.

JL - what did you have in mind?

I'm still toying with things on my end (in addition to some heavy workload, and a lot of family activities taking up my time during October weekends).

I have posted Beatrix's familiar, or at least a first stab at it, in her development thread. It's the second post, labeled appropriately.

Can we make up names and tribunals of magi of various houses while we're writing our history?

Yep.

Question: "Designing an effect for a particular target requires, in Hermetic terms, that a special version of a Formulaic spell be invented." ArM 168

Does this mean that Lepos cannot learn his big shapechanging spells from lab texts if he wants to avoid warping, and must invent them from scratch? If so, can he take them during apprenticeship at all?

Two different issues there, both in your favor:

1. Casting on yourself always works that way. That special version allows you to make such a spell not warp (except for long-term) one other individual.
  2. When you invent from a lab text, you're still inventing a new version, which is why it's your sigil instead of that of the person who wrote the lab text. The issue with versions is that if you want to have three different people avoid warping from a spell, you'll need three versions of the same spell.

Callen has the right of it. Of course, if you have (for example) a spell to turn yourself into a Dire Wolf, that would have a R: Personal, and because it was invented by you for you (even from a lab text), it would not cause warping. If you were to invent a similar spell for your wife and your shield grog, then you would invent a R: Touch, which is a different spell, and you would get the Similar Spell bonus for the first one from the R: Personal, and it would not cause the wife warping, because it was invented for her; it would, however, warp the shield grog until you invented one for him (and you would get the Similar Spell bonus for the wife's spell, since that bonus would be higher.)

Can those of us with obvious faerie backgrounds/houses be able to take a Faerie Sympathy pre-game start or do you want to let that wait for a in-game story?

There are Virtues and Flaws for that.

There is one free virtue that gives both a positive and negative faerie sympathy...

I was looking through the errata before asking this...Unraveling the form does not seem to follow the guidelines. Do we assume that the Unraveling the form will follow the guideline of less than or equal to spell level + 4 magnitudes vs less than or equal to spell level +10 ?

Unraveling the Fabric of Form should say spell level + 2 magnitudes. Spell level + 10 is usually the same, but not always. The place I think you're confused is that spell level is not the same as the guideline level. In this case the spell level is 2 magnitudes higher than the guideline level due to R: Voice.

I am confused because the guidelines(2nd guideline) say 4 magnitudes and the spells says +10 ( or two magnitudes).

I think the range costs two magnitudes. So if you have a level 5 base and voice range the spell is level 15 and dispels two magnitudes higher or level 25.