Hogsmeade Tavern

Could an Item of Quality - container (e.g., an alembic) give a bonus to distilling vis? It can give a bonus to "create or transform within." Is that close enough to what is done with distilling vis?

Yes, its because the effect needs to pay for being applied at Voice. You re-calculate altering the additional mags, not the base level for general spells. General spells need to always maintain their selected "purchased" level when resolving their final effect.

At range voice = Level selected, +4 mags, then -2 mags for R:Voice = level +2 mags.
At sight = level +1 mag.

Let me describe it differently than has been described, then:

You choose a guideline or base level. Let's say the base is level 10. That means the spell can handle spells up to level 10+20+die=30+die. You want the spell to work at R: Voice, D: Momentary, T: Individual. So it's (Base 10, +2 Voice) for a spell level of 20.

Now let's compare what it handles versus the spell's level instead of the base's level. It handles 30+die, and the spell level is 20: 30+die-20=10+die. So it handles spells of its spell level+10+die. That's what it says in the description. It would have been clearer if the guidelines said "base level" or "guideline level" instead of just "level," which gets mistaken for "spell level" at times. If it says "level" within the guidelines, that's a "base level." If it says level in a spell, that's the "spell level."

That is much more clear. thank you.

Can we upload a gif of the Groot sapling from the movie for your familiar on the website, Trogdor? Gotta love the little guy dancing. :smiley:

I should have given him Profession: Dancer.

Since it showed up, would people find it easier to read actual experience or extra experience in an Ability? For example,

Penetration (Ignem) 2 [22]

vs

Penetration (Ignem) 2 [7]

I tend to do the former, but the latter shows up in the books more and seems to be the preference here. I figure it's best if I stick to whatever is considered the norm, though I absolutely do not want to use Metacreator's bastardization of the rules as an alternate norm since I don't fully know what it is - I just know that it doesn't follow the ArM5 rules properly in some instances.

Heh!

And exactly 1 experience in a single Living Language.

Personally, I prefer the latter, as it shows your score and the progression toward the next level. On the wikis for other sagas that I'm in, I will either put, for example, 3(7) or just 3.

And for the pen-and-paper vs MetaCreator ways of figuring Affinities, it only makes a difference if you always put an odd number of experience points into the Ability or Art to take advantage of the rounding up. If the saga keeps fractions (i.e. putting 5 xp into Concentration gives you 7.5 instead of 8 ), then that difference goes away, but it's a little more bookkeeping on your part.

Hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't been posting at all. Post-grad stuff has been burying me in work. And it's not getting any less busy. Can't dedicate the time or creativity to this game in good conscience, so I'm going to have to pull out. Sorry everyone :blush:

Sorry to see you go, but I understand. Good luck with your schoolwork!

Sorry to lose you. I suppose at least the long prep time PB set up allows for us to figure this out before things really kick off. See you around the forums.

Good to see things moving along. I'll have to check and do some editing, mostly to finish grogs attached to characters, but there is also the change back for Rónán after the discussion about Isobel. I should be able to find time Sunday.

I'm afraid I'm going to have to pull out as well. My dad is seriously ill, and it's sucking all leftover energy. Apologies for not letting you now earlier.

I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope things go well for you and yours.

Sorry to hear that and to lose you. Good luck with everything.

On my end, some craziness has passed so I can get caught up.

I wish to thank all of you for your patience while I try to get my proverbial sea-legs back under me. I appreciate it, truly.

No problem at all. Having everyone posting at once is hard to deal with, especially when we all need personalized responses.

Can we have our companions (if it suits them) send similar letters to Boudicca?

If you wish.