Hogsmeade Tavern

I'd like to get my companion Seamus introduced. In his dev thread it was mentioned that he may be resent before the new magi start arriving, he and his band having been hired to bolster the garrison numbers. If not via an in-play thread then confirm his presence.

I will upgrade Crone to a summer creature.

I also have Conachar Mor(companion) set up to be the Covenant's journeyman blacksmith. He can get pulled into any other plots/conversions as needed.

Feel free to have them interact. Seamus, I can see working with the turb, or having some of his men training on the covenant's grounds, or whatever.

Ditto for any other characters – if it makes sense for the character to be there, have them be there.

Do you have a chirurgeon already set? (I see you have a chirurgeon's hut.) Isobel would make a great chirurgeon...

No, we don't..or, at least, not made. I just threw that on there because I knew the covenant would have one, and it made sense to put the first aid tent next to the list field.

Great.
Seamus will be both supervising the training of his men regularly, and also ensuring that any grogs who wish to be trained are given detailed instruction. Working toward training groups to fight as units, mock raids to train both sides properly, and ensuring combatants have some basic skill in a range of arms where possible (spears, hand axes, blades, and staff). His warband is used as one of the training tools.
Manner wise Seamus speaks quietly and with reservation; instructions are no more detailed than they need to be. He is forgiving of mistakes but completely without patience for 'horseplay' or humour. His own men have a very different manner when he is present. So he'd be easy to find and approach if somebody has a need.

Don't forget to post your characters on the Wiki. That's where I look for character sheets, since it's a lot easier to update than the forum post, and it's easier for me to just go there than to scroll through the creation/development thread to figure out which one's "current".

Thank you.

I've posted Hope to the Wiki! Woo!

Doing a wiki update (slowly) now.

Gavin and Isobel are both on the wiki.

Had Hope's age wrong! Fixed.

Corbin and his familiar is on the wiki, with all the breakdown that was in the dev thread. Likewise my companion Seamus and his hound.
I'll pretty up the layout a bit later. Still learning wiki dot formats.

How much vis does a personal vis source produce anyway?

The virtue description says "the yield should be about one tenth as much as the player covenant expects to gather per year at the beginning of the saga." Insula Canaria has 102 pawns a year in vis, so that would be up to 10 pawns a year. Wow.

Wow, I was assuming closer to the standard 4. I'm starting to wonder if I should have taken a PVS. :wink:

The munchkin in me says I should have, but it really didn't fit the character...

It would make perfect sense with my character.

I took Personal Vis source, so I'm happy if it's 10 pawns. Heh. Let us know.

I didn't realize how much vis the covenant takes in a year. Need to come up with projects to burn all of it :laughing: (Good thing we have so many lab-rats.)

But, yeah...10 pawns a year for a Personal Vis Source sounds a little over-the-top. I'm thinking ≤6 is more reasonable.

In case anyone's interested, here is the order in which the new magi arrived:

• Corbin
  • Angus
  • Corvus
  • Hope
  • Gavin
  • Laerleggr
  • Beatrix

Just noticed...still pending Dušan and Lepos.