Horse of a different color

Fiona smiles and curtsies, then returns to where she was in the stands to watch Alexei's bout with great interest.

This is for the joust thread, I can't post there from my office (too many die rolls in it).

Glad to see that people are agreeing the Endurance of the Berzerker should be Diameter, it doesn't change the spell's level and makes sense. As for what he'll do about the wound, how many more jousts are there? If there's one or two, he'll likely still go with it, just have the wound checked out before he goes to the next one and re-cast the End. spell as needed. For this round if JL would be so kind as to re-post in the Joust thread:

Alexei casts aside the lance and holds a fist high as members of his camp cheer, then nods his head to the crowd and turns the horse and makes a gallant trot towards Lucius. At a respective distance he calls to Lucius after a sincere salute; his skill has earned back some of Alexei's respect.

"My sodale! An excellent joust, you very nearly had me. May I approach?"

"What is it you require?"

Alexei lower his hand and trots closer.

"I just wish to express my admiration for your skill sodale. I..." Alexei pauses, how many times has he spoken around the foot he seems to keep planting in his mouth? "We may not see eye to eye on some things Lucius, but none dare say you are not an honorable and able competitor on the field. My fortunes have changed recently, I would like to perhaps speak with you at a later time about the future. But if that does not suit you, tell me, and I shall leave, with again my compliments on a fine joust."

((Is the Joust before or after Alexei's appointment as Hoplite?))

Tournament is always after the Tribunal, Alexei was appointed at the Tribunal.
I'll connect some dots. Rotgiers was sponsered by Lucius. Rotgiers and Valerian were in cahoots on Roberto's coming to Mons Electi. So what is Alexei wanting from this?

((A future appointment to talk. Not everyone is necessarily an enemy, and/or that can maybe change. And as Hoplite, there are still questions Alexei has regarding the death of Garus. Lucius was the Castellan right? Those are the things Alexei wants, but none of them would be resolved here and now, but a chance to talk in the near future is really waht he's after. Roberto's issues too would likely be talked about I'm sure.))

Lucius smiles, and it is a wicked smile. "My only task was to weaken you before your next round. I shall enjoy it when you are ground into dust. You are so blissfully unaware and cheerful, though, I doubt you would realize what peril you face."

Alexei's smile changes too as he nods one more time to him. "Well, I just wanted to say that I've always felt you were one of my greatest opponents." he pauses and laughs. "No wait, that's not true, I hardly ever think of you at all. In the end, that's all your good for isn't it Lucius? Being the leech that saps the blood of your betters. Begone from my field, lest you face the fate of all leeches. And...I'd start looking to your excuses and alibis for the fate of our previous Primus Lucius...I believe you have some questions to answer." Alexei waits tall upon the saddle as a grim Michel steps beside the horse to take its reigns and lead the them away. Once the horse is turned, the cold sweat of the pain Alexei is in returns and he struggles to stay composed.

"Even now, Ariel quivers in her status. And more and more members of the House come to discover the mistake she has made. A foolish nostalgia guides her desire to rebuild Val Negra. The past is dust, and that is what you are, as well, Alexei, though you don't know it, yet." Lucius takes leave of the field. Alexei can call out a retort, but it would be loud enough for many to overhear.

Alexei merely makes a dismissive wave to him, not even turning back to look at Lucius as Michel leads the horse to the stands where Fiona and Korvin are.

((Alexei can possibly heal it himself till Sundown, his Creo Corpus is decent, plus it's Personal range then and his Talisman gives him some benefits. I can't check the casting total at the moment though))

((As near as we can figure it would be a lvl 30 spell for Alex. Base 20 +2 sun. Korvin can ritual heal it after the joust.))

Alexei's CS is 14+16+2+5=37, divided by two is 18. Requires a bit of luck.. I think his Talisman would add +6 (+3)? So 21, and a bit less luck, but still getting a 9 on a die divided by two is still quite a bit of luck...

Fiona leans over the railing to get a closer look at Alexei. [color=blue]"You're wounded, my friend. Will you be able to continue?"

((Korvin can get to 50 but not much more. i was trying to remember where I saw something that lowered a wound 1 level. So a medium would become a light. It was not permanent but it would work here. With all the crazy non-Hermatic stuff I've been looking out recently (Gruagach and Fairy magic) it could have been in there. Korvin can cast a sun duration Endurance of the Berserkers on him. ReCo 25 Base 10 +2 sun + 1 touch))

1d10=7 + Re14+Co19+St 1+aura 10 = 54/2 = 27

((If I can count a similar spell bonus for Incantation of the Body Made Whole, and if we use Mons Electi's ceremonial casting room, then I think I have a CrCo total of 53 before die roll and halving. Getting that up to 60 is doable, especially with a Confidence Point in reserve. That would make a level 30 spell, which would heal Alexei's wound for D: Diameter - but that means 2-20 minutes, thanks to Tranquillina's Enduring Magic Virtue. Would that work? Note that we could teleport to the casting room, and it would take only 6 minutes to cast the spell there - a total of 10 minutes say.))

((Alternatively, what are we trying to do - make sure the wounds don't get worse, and voiding the wound penalties for the joust finals, right? Why not a combination of Bind Wound and Endurance of the Berserkers?))

((Bind wound only works on light wound. A medium wound needs level 20. You might think that a medium wound is like 2 light wounds so you could heal it twice but no.

You could gamble on the ceremonial casting lasting long enough. I'm sure 2 minutes is not long enough but 20 would be.))

(( Check the Tytalus section, magic of the lepers. I think it's in there.))

((I'm pretty sure Bind Wound works on all wounds - I just checked the spell description. Maybe you're thinking of The Chirurgeon's Healing Touch?))

Alexei is sweating underneath his helmet and holds his left arm close his side, Michel already taking the shield off. "My ribs..." he says through gritted teeth. "I think I have some broken ribs. I managed to use Endurance of the Berzerker to help me through it. But there's more, Lucius was trying to weaken me, not win he said. I believe there may be a trap for me. Either that or a surprise entry into the joust, maybe even Valerian." Michel and Helmut begin helping him off his horse.