Horse of a different color

((Bind wounds does not improve anything for Alexei. no healing. no pain relief)).

((winner!! But it is base 25. I'll need to invent the formulaic spell for next time.))

Fiona frowns as she climbs onto the list field. [color=blue]"Then why spring his trap? If Lucius's intent was to weaken you, then your next opponent's intent is obviously to finish you off...and in the joust, it would be easy to claim an accident."

She reaches up to help/lift him down, then carefully drops to her knees to look him in the eye. ((It is hella expensive for Fiona to increase her Strength...in fact, with her Flaws it is technically impossible.))

[color=blue]"I know you won't consider this, Alexei, but I think I should suggest it anyway. Withdraw from the joust. You're too injured to continue. That way, you don't fall into their trap, you survive to thwart them another day, and they suffer a defeat since their plan failed. Please."

((It does, however, allow him to undertake activities without risking the wound worsening. That's why I proposed Bind Wound in conjunction with Endurance of the Berserkers, which does away with the pain and wound penalties.))

Alexei is gasping and struggling with the pain as he gets off the horse. He listens to Fiona's suggestion, it is wise and practical, but he shakes his head even as she offers it.

"Twill never happen. None may frighten me, none may direct my actions but me and the Lord. Trap or no, they shan't win this way! 'Ad mortem incurramus!'* If we bind the wound and I cast another spell for the pain I can still compete. But..." he looks at his concerned friends. "My dear Sodales...now may be the chance to reveal their treachery. If they cheat in this tourney we can call for a deeper investigation and appeal to those present so that it is not swept away. One magus dies by accident in a Dimicatio, another, last year's champion suffers an accident...it will be too difficult to hide. Lucius said I will never see it coming, but you my friends might be able to." Michel and Helmut help him to his seat and begin to help remove the armour so his wounds can be seen. He growls as he must move. "I can cast Bind Wounds and the Endurance again...we can heal this later at our leisure. I'm only allowed so much time to recover between rounds."

*Unto death, let us charge! The Flambeau motto.

((Kind of amazing nobody has made this reference yet :mrgreen: ))

Any spells being cast in these circumstances are stressed, so unless they are mastered, there is a chance of botching.
Go ahead and let me know what spells are being cast and do the rolls (someone, anyone). After that Alexei can face Rotg... Valer...er, someone. :smiley:

Korvin cast Endurance of the Berserker sun duration ( if Alexei will suppress his Parma) ReCo 25 Base 10 +2 sun + 1 touch

1d10=7 + Re14+Co19+St 1+aura 10 = 54/2 = 27

I can bind wounds as well.

"Yeah! Get him a body bag!!"

Alexei will suppress his parma, he'll need to in order to put the armour back on as it's enchanted.

Tranquillina has Bind Wound mastered (and can probably even cast it through his Parma :wink: ).

Alexei will suppress his parma long enough to cast the spells on him and then put the armour back on. Most likely he'll have to cast the Endurance of the Berzerker himself or it will fall before he gets to joust.

Alexie's good till sunset, thanks to Korvin.

((Player's choice: Does the player prefer to face off against Valerian or Rotgiers in the final? Note, if you chose Valerian, there will be shenanigans. If you chose Rotgiers there will be shenanigans. So, on your head be it. :smiley:))

Oh that's a tough choice. Due to Valerian basically being banished to Magvillus we might never get another shot at him, at the same time...people seem to keep dying around him, and I'd rather not have Alexei die. Alexei has to answer to Rotgers also though...

Let me hear from Mons Electi. I think it just wouldn't be Alexei to play it safe(r) and take Rotgers over Valerian. What do you think?

If you go Valerian you had better not have any metal on at all. Even the bit and bridle for your horse That could be an advantage or not.

Having some strategy is good. One idea I had was to maybe have the illusion of wearing his armour and risk not wearing it. The first time he tried casting a Terram spell it would simply not work if he didn't see through it, might catch him by surprise. Problem is Alexei can't do Imaginem well at all. Plus there's the metal bits on the horse's tackle whic could still be affected. I don't want to whine to the officials but I think it'd be necessary (and possibly futile).

If those are your two options (and if Fiona can't convince Alexei to withdraw), I think you should go with Rotgiers. We know that Valerian cheats, and he's pretty much owned Alexei every time they've met. Rotgiers is more of an unknown quantity, but I think Alexei has a better chance of not getting even more wounded against him.

Are you allowed to set the opponent on fire? I can help with that :wink:

You need to work on that for the next joust. Set yourself and your horse on fire :slight_smile: It would work better if you had Fiona's stone Pegisi.

Oh my gawd, that would be so freakin' AWESOME!

The joust just became a Tables Ladders and Chairs match...with fire!

Alexei will compete, they know he's going to compete, they know he will likely pick Valerian, just can't stay away from him. So they'll have strategies to work with that. Valerian would want to make it look like an accident. Some things I can think of:

Tripping the horse and causing Alexei to fall (metal horseshoes)
Freezing Alexei in his armour (done it at least twice now without the slightest effort)
Causing the horse to lose control (metal bit and tackle)
A metal lance that looks wooden (could punch right through Alexei's soak)
Disrupting the armour on Alexei and making it useless causing a hit to be very damaging

Anyone know or can cast Bitter Taste of Betrayal? I think that's the name of it, you know when your Parma has been penetrated.