I am on a boat, ***, don't you ever forget

The ring has several advantages too: that is less conscpicous (telepathy is hard to beat), it can be used on adventures (more easily carried than tablets) , and the grog using it does not need to know how to read or write.

One item that could be useful would remove the salt from sea water, thus negating the need to carry barrels of water.

These are all true, but the rings are high enough level we cannot make them in time for summer.

The Pisces is an unusual ship. Originally commisionned in 1209 by Jarcovius Ex Bonisagus to a german shipwrigh in Lubeck (while the caravan itself was in Rus). It was designed to transport the magi of the caravan and their numerous servants across Europe, so it boast an unusual number of cabins. The ship, named after the Pisces constellation of the zodiac, braved storms and sea monsters for almost a decade before being left moored in the port of Mdina after the disappearance of Jarcovius Ex Bonisagus. It waited, forgotten by all except for Bavol and Vincente, for close to two years. Recently, the covenant decided to engage in trading, and once again, the Pisces is ready to sail the seven seas.

Ships

Size: +7
Tonnage: 240 tons

-8 normal cabins (4 crew members per cabin, 16 tons)
-6 ample cabins (3 crew members per cabin, 9 tons)
-1 luxurious cabins (1, captain, 4 tons)
-1 crow's nest
-Hold (210 tons)

Cargo
-Food and water: 7 tons

Crew
-Vincente (captain)
-Bavol
-Pepe
-24 sailors (12 of which are experienced)
-24 marines

Enchantments
-None

Voyages
-Palermo, Spring 1220 (Sold 20[strike]0[/strike] tons of Glassware, recruited crew)

I calculated for 20 tons of glass, not 200. You wouldn't be able to sell 200 tons of glass anywhere...

Ok, the mistake is fixed. Do you have comments about the boat itself?

You can add this under magic items assigned to the Pisces, it was made in Summer 1220:

The Titan's Bolt
CrHe(Te) 13
Base: CrHe3 create a treated and processed Herbam product
R: Voice (+2 magnitude)
D: Momentary
T: Individual
Prerequisite required for iron tipped bolt (+1 magnitude)
Use/Day: 6 (+3 levels)
Shape/Form: Dead Wood (+4 dead wood, bonus to affect), Bow (+destroy things at a distance)
When the user draws this bow and releases (as if firing a missile), a ballista bolt is created that flies to and strikes a single target within [strike]eyesight[/strike] Voice range (up to 50 paces), dealing +10 damage (alternately, use City/Guild rules for sea warfare "softening up").

a long bow does +8 damage, and an arbalest does +10, a heavy arbalest +12, so I don't believe these would be the equivalent of siege weapons in terms of their effect. A ballista has a listed damage of +15, and a base range of 50 paces, which is the same as maximum range for voice. To be considered siege equivalent the item would need to have +15 damage and a range of sight- or perhaps enchanted on something that creates exceptionally loud sounds or ones which carry well (ironically this could make even very primitive cannons extremely effective)
That being said, you have a weapon which requires the user to shout while he fires but otherwise acts as a long range arbalest with higher rate of fire- a normal arbalest requires St-6 rounds to reload, so it does still exceed the capabilities of normal weapons.

The ballista bolt is special effect and should not define capability. As such, feel free to modify the appearance of the effect as you see fit. I agree it would need to be a higher level to produce more damage.

Why would the user need to shout? The item is casting the spell and the range is voice, not the activation.

I also edited the text from eyesight range to voice range; I had originally designed it for eyesight range but had to reduce it to voice due to lab total restrictions.

Voice range only goes as far as your actual voice carries. If you want to reach an enemy ship, your actual voice must reach the enemy ship.

under the definition of voice range:
"Magic items use the wielder's voice." and "Spells cast silently at this range can only affect the caster"
technically noisy items shouldn't have a greater range, since it is not actually the weilder's voice...

That's.... Bizarre. But RAW, I guess.

So does this mean that items can't have a silent activation if it effects something other than itself? Because all cast spells (at ranges other than voice) still require normal voice usage? Or can an item cast silently at ranges other than voice because other ranges does not list a voice restriction for items?

Regardless, I guess the grog will be shouting.

no, that only applies to voice range.