Ikelos ex Criamon - Development

[size=150]Ikelos[/size]
Characteristics: Int +3, Per 0, Pre 0, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size: 0
Age: 29 (29), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 158 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues: The Gift, Spell Improvisation, Book Learner (Book Quality: +3), Affinity with Imaginem, Quiet Magic (Spellcasting Penalty: None for soft voice, -5 if not speaking), Subtle Magic, Affinity with Mentem, Flawless Magic (Spell Mastery Experience: Doubled), Hermetic Magus, The Enigma*, Linguist
Flaws: ,Twilight Prone, Weak Scholar (Lab Text Penalty: -6), Weak Magic Resistance (When in bright light), Disfigured (Stigmata), Temperate, Optimistic
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +3, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +2, Defense +2, Damage +0
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +2, Defense +1, Damage +3
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities:
[tableborder][tr][th]Skill[/th][th]score[/th][th]specialty[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Enigmatic Wisdom[/td][td]2[/td][td]twilight[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]2[/td][td]Dodge[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]2[/td][td]spells[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Arabic[/td][td]2[/td][td]Conversation[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Occitan[/td][td]2[/td][td]Conversation[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]French[/td][td]2[/td][td]Conversation[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Greek[/td][td]1[/td][td]Conversation[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]2[/td][td]moving quietly[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]2[/td][td]Urban[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Legerdemain[/td][td]2[/td][td]picking pockets[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Code of Hermes[/td][td]1[/td][td]Mundane relations[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td][td]2[/td][td]fast talk[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]Hermetic usages[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]2[/td][td]rhetoric[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Philosophiae[/td][td]1[/td][td]Ritual Magic[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Theory[/td][td]3[/td][td]inventing spells[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td]magical traditions[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Parma Magica[/td][td]1[/td][td]Mentem[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Spanish[/td][td]5[/td][td]Central Spain[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]House Criamon Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td]modifying initiation scripts[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Scribe[/td][td]1[/td][td]copying[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td][td]1[/td][td]Imaginem[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Order of Hermes Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td]personalities[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]1[/td][td]running[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]2[/td][td]Alertness[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Arts:
[tableborder][tr][th]Art[/th][th]Score[/th][th]xp[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Cr[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]In[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Mu[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Pe[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Re[/td][td]5[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]An[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aq[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Au[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Co[/td][td]1[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]He[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ig[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Im[/td][td]10[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Me[/td][td]10[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Te[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]vi[/td][td]0[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:
[tableborder][tr][th]Name[/th][th]level[/th][th]CT[/th][th]Mastery[/th][th]XP[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]The Call to Slumber[/td][td]ReMe 10[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]The Blinded Sentry[/td][td]PeMe 5[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Trust of Childlike Faith[/td][td]PeMe 10[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Disguise of the Transformed Image[/td][td]MuIm 15[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Illusion of the Shifted Image[/td][td]ReIm 10[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Wizard's Sidestep[/td][td]ReIm 10[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Veil of Invisibility[/td][td]PeIm 20[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Aura of Ennobled Presence[/td][td]MuIm 10[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Memory of the Distant Dream[/td][td]CrMe 20[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Catching the Eye[/td][td]CrMe 15[/td][td]+17[/td][td]quiet casting[/td][td]0[/td][/tr][/tableborder]

Catching the Eye(CrMe 15) - The caster momentarily attracts the target's attention,sufficiently to make eye contact to follow up with a spell of Range eye.

[hr][/hr]

Ikelos was abandoned by his mother at an early age and grew up on the streets of Toledo. The Gift made it particularly hard as any gang he might join for protection soon turned on him. He first met his Master Koz ex Criamon in his dreams as the old Magus seemed to discuss things of great importance that were not well remembered in the morning. One day the boy awoke and felt like going to the Plaza de Zocodover where, to no real surprise, was Koz waiting to collect him.

[hr][/hr]

Sorry for the delay in getting this out. I had the character made up a while ago but I kept playing around with the story. Then work got very busy and the delay. Koz and Ieklos are in a sub sect of the Path of the Seeming where the learning of Dream Magic and Greater Dream Magic replace two of the Avenues. Their sect seeks to transform themselves into Dream and thus escape the circle of time. I will have the Path writen up and a background for how it came about.

Looks really good and well thought out. Do not be discouraged by my own slow pacing. I had mentioned the mental fatigue thing. I have also noticed that I am the last poster on all but a few threads. So it is not just me (though it may be because of me). I need to encourage you guys to run stories for each other :smiley:

One of those is you indicating you would get back to recalculating the resistance score for an agent... when your last post is "I'll get back to you" the fact you posted last doesn't mean we aren't waiting on you..

Ikelos 1st cycle
Characteristics: Int +3, Per 0, Pre 0, Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size: 0
Age: 36 (36), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 158 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues: The Gift, Spell Improvisation, Book Learner (Book Quality: +3), Affinity with Imaginem, Quiet Magic (Spellcasting Penalty: None for soft voice, -5 if not speaking), Subtle Magic, Affinity with Mentem, Flawless Magic (Spell Mastery Experience: Doubled), Hermetic Magus, The Enigma*, Linguist, Keen Vision (Sight: +3), Dream Magic, Puissant Mentem, Initiations [The Avenue of Wandering through the Mirror and the Station of Slumbering],
Flaws: ,Twilight Prone, Weak Scholar (Lab Text Penalty: -6), Weak Magic Resistance (When in bright light), Disfigured (Stigmata), Temperate, Optimistic, Dark Secret ( Dream Magic)
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +3, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +2, Defense +2, Damage +0
Kick: Init: 1, Attack +2, Defense +1, Damage +3
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities:

Skill score specialty
Enigmatic Wisdom 2 twilight
Brawl 2 Dodge
Concentration 2 spells
Arabic 2 Conversation
Occitan 2 Conversation
French 2 Conversation
Greek 1 Conversation
Stealth 2 moving quietly
Survival 2 Urban
Legerdemain 2 picking pockets
Code of Hermes 1 Mundane relations
Guile 2 fast talk
Latin 4 Hermetic usages
Artes Liberales 2 rhetoric
Philosophiae 1 Ritual Magic
Magic Theory 5 inventing spells
Magic Lore 1 magical traditions
Parma Magica 2 Mentem
Spanish 5 Central Spain
House Criamon Lore 5 modifying initiation scripts
Scribe 2 copying
Finesse 2 Imaginem
Order of Hermes Lore 1 personalities
Athletics 1 running
Awareness 2 Alertness

Arts:

Art Score xp
Cr 7 0
In 5 0
Mu 9 0
Pe 5 0
Re 7 0
An 1 0
Aq 0 0
Au 0 0
Co 6 0
He 1 0
Ig 1 0
Im 15 0
Me 15+2 0
Te 0 0
vi 3 0

Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)
Spells Known:

Name level CT Mastery XP
The Call to Slumber ReMe 10 +17 quiet casting 0
The Blinded Sentry PeMe 5 +17 quiet casting 0
Trust of Childlike Faith PeMe 10 +17 quiet casting 0
Disguise of the Transformed Image MuIm 15 +17 quiet casting 0
Illusion of the Shifted Image ReIm 10 +17 quiet casting 0
Wizard's Sidestep ReIm 10 +17 quiet casting 0
Veil of Invisibility PeIm 20 +17 quiet casting 0
Aura of Ennobled Presence MuIm 10 +17 quiet casting 0
Memory of the Distant Dream CrMe 20 +17 quiet casting 0
Catching the Eye CrMe 15 +17 quiet casting 0
The Lucid Dreamer Mu(In)Me 20 +25, quiet casting
Image Phantom MuIm 20 +21 quite casting
Aura of Inconsequence ReMe 25 +24 quiet casting
Unraveling the Form(Im) PeVi 10 +9 quiet casting

Catching the Eye(CrMe 15) - The caster momentarily attracts the target's attention,sufficiently to make eye contact to follow up with a spell of Range eye.

LR: +20 LR age 35 = (35/4) + 10 = 19

Ikelos spends his 1st cycle improving his Arts and learning about the mysteries of the house as he prepares for his initiation into the path of the Dreamer. Most of this time is spent at the Cave of Shadows. After his initiation he purchases a longevity ritual.

Ikelos' background story which I had but never posted:

GarcĂ­a woke suddenly from his sleep. He had been dreaming about the old man again but he could not remember the particulars. Something about food again.

His back was to the warm chimney of the bakers. It was a prime spot late in the year as the baker's always kept some coals banked up for the next day's baking. Nothing else moved except for some crows.

His stomach gave a growl and he got up to begin the day looking for food. He rolled up his blanket with his other possessions. Three small coins, a quartz crystal that he found and length of rawhide string that he used to tie up the blanket. Climbing down GarcĂ­a decided to try the Plaza de las Tendillas in his search for food. Toledo had several places that were decent pickings for one such as GarcĂ­a and at Plaza de las Tendillas he was less likely to encounter Ferro and his gang.

He began walking and then realized he was heading for the Zocodover. That was the opposite direction he wanted to go. Mostly animals there at this time of the morning and the City Watch was always there. The shopkeepers and others looked on him with suspicion as he moved. It was always this way as long as he could remember. The key was to not let them see you.

He spotted a fruit selling near the edge of the plaza and hung back to wait. As soon as a customer came up to look at the fruit, GarcĂ­a sprinted forward and grabbed an apple from the stall and kept running out of the plaza. He dodged away from a pair of City Watchmen and moved down the street.

García looked over his shoulder while rounded the corner into the Zocodover and ran into someone. A hand fell on his shoulder and he looked up into the scared features of a man with the cape of the City Watch. He turned to run but Ferro and his gang rounded the corner and stopped at the sight. As he started to move the hand on his shoulder tightened to prevent his running. The guard then spoke to Ferro with the air of authority virtually glowing from him. “Get out of here dogs or I’ll give you a beating that you will never forget.

Ferro cowled then turned and left. García started to twist out of the grip then a feeling of calm came over him. “You will come with me. The guard said softly. “Your future awaits.” García was lead to the other side of the plaza. When he turned to the guard he gasped in surprise. In his place was an old man with tattoos on his face and arms. THe old man’s hand had never left his shoulder.

García gapped at the old man. “You! You were in my dreams!” The old man nodded and beamed a smile at him. “Indeed. And I am called Photius. I shall be your Master from now on.”

1 Like

And as I promised years ago... The Path of the Dream

The Avenue of Wandering through the Mirror and the Station of Slumbering

Target level 21 : Package treated as a Major virtue.

Gain: Dream Magic (M:R pg 102),Puissant Mentem

• 9 Major Ordeal resulting in Dark Secret

+1 Sacrifice a season

+3 Mystagogue sacrifices time

+3 special site - associated with sleep or dreams

The Avenue of and the Station

Gain Major Magical Focus Dreams

+9 First Initiation after Major Ordeal

+3 Mystagogue sacrifices time

+1 Sacrifice a season

The Avenue of and Station of the Inscription of the Soul

Inscription of the soul