Interest? A couple of thoughts

It’s not that I am interested in leprosy by itself, I think the tytali tradition is cool but I was imagining something a bit different for this.

While Gifted lepers are rare its not impossible that some are encountered by others than magi aegroti - they are a small numbered tradition after all. Its would be very rare and might earn hostility from the tradition, since they were robbed of a recruit.

As for why House Verditius would allow such a member. I was thinking something like this: His parens choose him partly due to the disease. Due to it, he reasoned, his apprentice would never outshine or truly rival him. Besides Hubris is not related to appearances really, not does the House care much about them – Verditius the founder was physically deformed after all (though voluntarily so). One can even have pride in their role as a leper. Or having such hubris that you believe you can overcome the disease by your inventions alone.

The issue I would see with leprosy is that it is generally a divine affliction, as opposed to simply being a disorder or deformity. As such a leper is literally cursed by God- are you sure you want to bring that much onto your character?

@silveroak is there anything else I need to flesh out for my concept?

I'm thinking "Tastheus ex Tytalus."

I think it is interesting, though its not set in stone per se. I will proceed with the concept and we can discuss the details a bit more in a dedicated thread.

Are you still open for joiners? I may be a bit rusty, but Ars Magica is like riding a bike - you never forget it - I hope.

Still open but most people are a fair way through character creation, you will need to be able to catch up, or wait for the second round...

If recruitment is still possibly going on here, I'd absolutely love to jump in with an obsessive bonisagus researcher prone to risky experiments, it seems like the setting is ripe for all sorts of emergent trouble, both in his own active experimentation and in terms of what his older counterpart may have left lingering around the covenant

1 Like

That rround of joining is finished, any new characters would have to come in later after the covenant starts to interact withthe outside world. Companions will likely have an easier time joining than magi.

1 Like

Hi ^^

I'm fairly agree to join as a non-magi character (or a magi in fact). I never played a companion or a familiar and that's could be nice to do.

Silveroak - I refered Lothindil to this thread when I saw your post, and would like to recommend her.

I can start on the character development process, but joining will still need to wait until people start venturing outside the covenant. Go ahead and list the character concept in the book of names.

We could at this point bring in Arab companions who were away from the covenant at the time of the incident. Obviously there will be some constraints on what sort of characters these will be.