JL's Companion

Ysebrand
Characteristics: Int +2, Per +2, Pre +2, Com +5, Str -1, Sta -4, Dex -1, Qik 0
Size: 0
Age: 29 (25), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 158 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: Failed Apprentice, Great Communication × 2, Unaging, Educated (50/50), Linguist, Well-Traveled (50/50), Social Contacts (Merchants), Puissant Bargain, Affinity with Bargain, Hunger for Corpus Magic, Avaricious, Overconfident, Black Sheep, Clumsy (Dexterity: -3 on related rolls, extra botch die), Poor Stamina × 1
Reputations: Drunk 2
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack --, Defense +0, Damage --
Fist: Init: +0, Attack -1, Defense +0, Damage -1
Kick: Init: -1, Attack -1, Defense -1, Damage +2
Soak: -4
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Flemish 5, Arabic 3, Scots Gaelic 4, French 4, Castillian 3, English 3, Latin 4 (10), Artes Liberales 1, Magic Theory 4, Finesse 2, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Bargain 5+2, Awareness 2, Carouse 2, Concentration 1 (3), Area Lore: Area 2, Area Lore: Area 1, Charm 2, Etiquette 4, Folk Ken 2, Intrigue 1, Profession: Merchant 3, Guile 1
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)

Ysebrand's Gift was destroyed by his unidentified master's experimentation in trying to improve the health and vitality of his young apprentice. The ritual was horribly botched leaving Ysebrand with a Hunger for Corpus vis and a destroyed Gift. Since that incident, he has avoided working with Hermetic Magi as much as possible, but frequently enough to acquire Corpus vis. Ysebrand pursues risky ventures in an effort to finance his Corpus vis addiction. Finding a more stable source of vis could induce him to take a more formal service with a covenant, but 4 pawns of Corpus vis a year may be too high a price to pay...

Ysebrand
Characteristics: Int +2, Per +2, Pre +2, Com +5, Str 1, Sta 4, Dex 1, Qik 0
Size: 0
Age: 29 (25), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 158 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: Failed Apprentice, Great Communication × 2, Unaging, Educated (50/50), Linguist, Well Traveled (50/50), Social Contacts (Merchants), Puissant Bargain, Affinity with Bargain, Hunger for Corpus Magic, Avaricious, Overconfident, Black Sheep, Clumsy (Dexterity: 3 on related rolls, extra botch die), Poor Stamina × 1
Reputations: Drunk 2
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack , Defense +0, Damage
Fist: Init: +0, Attack 1, Defense +0, Damage 1
Kick: Init: 1, Attack 1, Defense 1, Damage +2
Soak: 4
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Flemish 5, Arabic 3, Scots Gaelic 4, French 4, Castillian 3, English 3, Latin 4 (10), Artes Liberales 1, Magic Theory 4, Finesse 2, Order of Hermes Lore 1, Bargain 5+2, Awareness 2, Carouse 2, Concentration 1 (3), Area Lore: Area 2, Area Lore: Area 1, Charm 2, Etiquette 4, Folk Ken 2, Intrigue 1, Profession: Merchant 3, Guile 1
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)

Ysebrand's Gift was destroyed by his unidentified master's experimentation in trying to improve the health and vitality of his young apprentice. The ritual was horribly botched leaving Ysebrand with a Hunger for Corpus vis and a destroyed Gift. Since that incident, he has avoided working with Hermetic Magi as much as possible, but frequently enough to acquire Corpus vis. Ysebrand pursues risky ventures in an effort to finance his Corpus vis addiction. Finding a more stable source of vis could induce him to take a more formal service with a covenant, but 4 pawns of Corpus vis a year may be too high a price to pay...

Oh God...Ysebrand and Nevin. This is going to be so awesome!

Forgot your negative signs on your Characteristics.

Still need to define your Area Lores, and work on your specialties when you get a chance.

Also, as near as I can tell, you're 50xp short somewhere.

So, he's from south Belgium somewhere?

Yeah. Need to do the find/replace in the rtf file.
MetaCreator doesn't think I'm short. I'll send the files when I'm closer to being finalized.

You get, I think, 50 more points each for Well-Traveled, Educated, and Privileged Upbringing, and I was shifting stuff all around to get 50/50 on each of those. My MC is showing 505/555.

New version doesn't have privileged upbringing.

I might be missing something here...

Repeat post... I posted before. The forum indicates I posted at 8:26, but it is not displaying the post.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by this. I'm not totally familiar with the Pony-verse...

Yep. That fixed it.

That's Discord. The Big Baddy in the first two episodes of Season 2 (voiced by John Delancy), who basically escapes from his imprisonment and sows chaos everywhere. My favorite line: "Hold on a second! Eternal chaos comes with chocolate rain, you guys! Chocolate! Rain!"

Basically, I can see all kinds of interesting things going on with those two characters.

Ahh, OK. I knew it was Discord, and I flipped when I heard the voice for the first time my wife thought I was a bit off (she's not SciFi crazy, but I pointed out he was Eugene on Days, and she got it).

Anyway, I was trying to remember characters named Nevin and Ysebrand from the ponies.
Ysebrand is Avaricious about vis, by the way Muhahaha!

I'm just wondering how people are going to react when Ysebrand shows up. Bad enough they have a cannibal for a lord...but now someone shows up who eats Corpus vis? What monstrosities do they have planned?!?

Well, Ysebrand doesn't really plan on telling anyone...
I'm thinking of throwing 20 pawns of Corpus to him in the build point allocation, if that's alright.

And also putting him at a-3 for Long Term Fatigue. He has trouble bring himself to actually consume the vis...

https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/character-sheets/6637/1

Final tweaks to Ysebrand. I think he'll be a decent Venditore, and he'll also be fought over for help in the lab when his secret comes out. Wait until he asks Aodhan for his commissions in vis!

An outrage! Vis? Why don't you just charge me by the tooth or the finger?!

Sure, if they have vis, I'll take 'em.

Wonder how much vis is in the monkey's paw?

Aodhan: "Now...you give back vis."

Ysebrand: "Are you trying to be funny? What's that in your hand?"

Aodhan: "Antidote."

Ysebrand: "Antidote for what?"

Aodhan: "For the poison you just drank! Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!"

Ysebrand: "I haven't drunk anything."

Aodhan: "What? Oh bugger! Hmmm. Can I...offer you a drink?"

Ysebrand: "No."

Aodhan: "Oh blast it! Alright, keep the vis."

"As you wish..."