Let's make apprentice created enchantments

1 Like

EDIT: note that 80 (US) gallons/300 liters are already a base Individual of processed liquids (e.g. wine) rather than a base individual of water (which would be 100 times as much). I think that restricting the change to the volume of the most "difficult" liquid, while still allowing 1 volume of a liquid to yield the same volume of another, is both within the letter and within the spirit of the rules.

2 Likes

Based on my experience with wine, I would argue that wine which leaves no hangover is more than slightly unnatural. :smiley:
Nevertheless, my first reaction on seeing this item was "OMG, that's bloody brilliant."

In my game, I'd probably insist on a Size modifier, since the base Individual for wine is 1/100th the size, just to avoid the cheese factor. I think "Object of Increased Size" doesn't affect noble metals for the same reason.

An item to assist in reducing the costs in a covenant, or to add as a quality of life improvement.

1 Like

An idea I was looking at when pondering my Merinita's spell options.

And an idea originally tested as a method of better teaching. Theoretically, Sun duration is the same as concentration+item maintains, but I prefer the latter for its ability to be extended or ended.

1 Like

Could also be written up as ReHe10 and created as a potion if vis was an issue and campaigns do not tend to have frequent battles.

1 Like

Note - could be argued that the base needs to be higher if the water-steam-water process was too volatile, so I added an extra mag. Might need another, I’m not sure.

1 Like

I am already taking that into account! The barrel holds a base individual of processed liquids, not a base individual of plain water (which would be a pool 15 paces across and 2 deep - far more than 100 gallons).But I edited the post to make it explicit!

1 Like

I don’t follow where the 10000 gallons of water is to make 100 gallons of wine. Don’t you need 100 times the source material to get the result? If you only have a few hundred gallons of water you only get 2 gallons of wine. What am I missing?

We don't play it that way, though I am not 100% sure whether it is a house rule or not :slight_smile: For us 1 liter becomes 1 liter.
It just feels wrong (and is prone to abuse) that you can change volume so much just by changing the type of medium.

1 Like
1 Like

Oooh, I like it!

Out of sheer contrariness, to prove wrong the statement "Muto Vim effects can not be enchanted in a lesser enchanted device" :slight_smile:

2 Likes

achievment unlocked

For PeVi against fae

The poker is cheap and easy to craft due to the +7 lab bonus. This could also be a single use potion shaped as iron knives instead of a fire poker, to be thrown, as:

1 Like

Are you sure this effect is valid? I think this effect might be invalid because the MuVi spell is still targeting something which is not in the dagger?

Yes. It is not a "metamagic" spell. Check out the Wicked Jar in RoP:I.

A candidate for the InIm item, which also happens to be inspired by a webcomic about roleplaying, ref: d20monkey's webcomic.

(could also be made as a small clear glass lense worn as jewelry or a nick nack if the hat is just too repulsive/silly "charm of the watchful parent"?).