Let's make apprentice created enchantments

Are you sure this effect is valid? I think this effect might be invalid because the MuVi spell is still targeting something which is not in the dagger?

Yes. It is not a "metamagic" spell. Check out the Wicked Jar in RoP:I.

A candidate for the InIm item, which also happens to be inspired by a webcomic about roleplaying, ref: d20monkey's webcomic.

(could also be made as a small clear glass lense worn as jewelry or a nick nack if the hat is just too repulsive/silly "charm of the watchful parent"?).

The weirdness of Intellego Imaginem is that the target is the thing observed, so this hat could allow the wearer to see images of any size +1 or smaller thing that they touch, so perhaps see the other side of a door or the underside of a table, a book that someone in front of you is reading, or perhaps the contents of a closed book or box (although light might be an issue). But eyes in the back of your head and similar effects should really use the special target from Sight as through a Plethron Distant from MoH. (you could change it to range voice and duration concentration for a pretty cool item)

Updated for reflect this. Wouldn't it be viable to say that the spell is allowing the person to see the other side of the hat?

The rules for a ward say that he target is the thing that is protected. In this case the protected thing is an opening. Whether an opening qualifies as a thing might be matter of debate, but I think it is a reasonable interpretation.

Isn't this a House Rule to work on magic spirit ?

Might work better as base 2, +1 range (Touch), +0 Duration (Momentary), and +4 Target (Sight), +1 level for 2 uses/day?

1 Like

The brooch design might also benefit from the guidelines and examples of TMRE p.93 Numerologist's Spells, especially Numbering the Flock.

Cheers

You mean would actually work, since the hat itself can't see anything so Range: sight in the original is useless!

I botched a Magic Theory roll here - item amended as you suggested

I'd not really read through these before, thanks for the tip there are some cool options there- for this one though base 2 is the lowest, and increasing the level would push it a bit too high for an apprentice enchantment, but for an enhanced version you could make one that divides by Ewes, lambs, rams etc, which would just be an additional magnitude I believe.

I would not call it a House Rule.
Generally speaking, one can assume that for each Vim spell operating on a Realm, there is another operating on each of the other three Realms, barring specific limits of magic (e.g. you can't force demons to tell the truth, you cannot force the divine to do ... all sorts of stuff etc.). In this case, RoP:I provides the effect for demons; I think it's fair to assume there's a similar effect for magic spirits and another for faerie spirits.

If you are really unhappy with the description as such, you can always recast soulcatcher as demoncatcher.

1 Like
2 Likes

Fetch for the Fairy Steed (ReHe 13)
R:Personal, D:Momentary,T:Individual

A Branch of Ash about the length of a young man's arm enchanted so that when a dog barks at it it flies of in a random direction. This item was created by a young Merinita apprentice to entertain his canine companion when he himself was busy.

However the item has for many years been locked in the archives of Irminsul after it was herded into the kitchens breaking a substantial amount of crockery and nearly knocking one of the cooks out.

Base 3, +10 for unlimited uses per day

1 Like

This makes me so happy on a personal level.

A potion to help with wounds,

Could also be created within an trinket as:

• Easing Token, Creo Corpus 10 (Base 1, +1 Touch, +2 Sun)(+5 levels device maintains conc, +1 level for two uses per day)
  • Or created to help an injured animal as CrAn of the same levels which might need an extra magnitude to help large beasts.
1 Like

Can we get that in teddy bear format? :smiley:

I judge from the design line, the might score of faerie that can be protected against, and the item description that this shuold be target individual and duration sun. Rather than duration momentary and target vision as it says in the spell parameters line.

1 Like

Correct. I copied the previous one I did for forms and failed to change those. Will amend... Not too good at this whole forum posting thin it seems