library plans

Also, Bashir Com +2, Teaching 4, Latin 4, and Good Teacher. He's available as a teacher several seasons throughout the leap. That's quality 13/16/19 for 20/2/1 students. Not as good as you'll get elsewhere. But if others are busy, he'll get a class of 20 up to Latin 4 in four seasons, or one student to Latin 4 in three seasons.

I really ought to get him up to Latin 5.

If Bashir wants to sit in on a latin class or teaching class- the second group especially we could fit more people into. Depending on the season, Marius has SQ:20, Draggana has SQ:16, and that is already for teaching a group. Ceiling on Latin is 5 for Marius, I believe for Draggana as well...

Do we have a character sheet for Draganna? I'm trying to remember where I got SQ:16 for her...

Somewhere. Check the Covenant of Andorra thread up top, I think there is a link in the roster.

however, i question if we really need her. we have too many companions as it is.

If we are going to drop her can we wait until 1242? We can replace her with a student grog, but her teachings cores are an integral part of the plan for development of the teachers and library. Then she could get loose on a full moon and meet an untimely end...

Have to go waaaaay back in the WABAC Machine to find it.

I don't want to kill her off. I want to ship her off. And to exploit the abilities without playing the character would be disingenuine and munchkin of me.
And I am trying to set a good example. There are too many Companions in the game. Everyone should be limited to one companion per magus character. I have Carlos and Johan. I do not need a third.
My hope is that people will follow my example and stop making companions, and perhaps discharge some that we have.

The only reason I ask is that I have come up with 6 years of plans for the library and school involving her abilities I do not want to redo, and to be fair you did play her initially. My understanding though was that Marius and Draganna were exceptions being recruited for the teaching positions they hold.

That is sort of my fault. When I opened the gate for advancement though 1242, I had intended for plan their activities and maybe take a few onths real-time doing it. Most everyone shot the whole load in a week!
But I want you to have your school and you are apparently wiing to copromise about Epona's son, so I will give this to you. I will keep her on for now, and try to find a way to fit her into a story so she is a character and not just a tool. Maybe I can revise her as a Grog, drop Entrancement & Lycanthrope, a few adjustments, and she will still fit your plan and ease my anxiety about too many Companions.
She only works two seasons a year, mind you. She has a personal life and other duties.

Yes, she and Marius work alternating seasons (through the planned time), the students study 3 seasons a year, same as an apprenticeship but with less actual work.

Groovy 8)

winter 1242: the apprentice scribes are nearing the level where they can take on their own apprentices, also freeing up the scribes who are currently training them. This means we could in the next couple of years go from having 6 apprentice scribes to having 18 apprentice scribes if we wished, but if that is the plan we should have our newly minted teacher begin instructing the apprentices to be in Latin, Magic Theory and Artes Liberales.
He can teach a class size of up to 35, so this would also be a good time to teach Latin to some of the covenfolk (or any apprentices- the teacher is unaffected by the gift), since even if we use all 18 slots that will leave 17 more people that can fit in the class. (SQ:16, teaching specialization in Gifted students)

also worth noting that in winter 1242 our dedicated authors will each write a commentary on the Corpus Hermeticum, with qualities of 15,12,12 and 12. These will be copied in the spring.

Faith has recently been brought to my attention, she doesn't fit in the classes, and is not a skilled enough scribe to operate as a professional scribe right out the gate- and she has other skills which she might use despite being described as a scribe on the covenant roster- so what was the plan for her from 1237-1241?

Get her up to speed by 1242, when the audit is being done :smiley:

She was written by quite possibly a cat, I didn't know if he had any plans, or in what capacity she had entered the covenant...
she is described as being 14 in 1237, recruits for education would have been around age 6-12, so one year later 7-13, I suppose she could have been integrated into a class at that point if she wasn't busy elsewhere...

I probably had some when I wrote her, but they never went anywhere and I've forgotten them by now.

Is it okay if I take her over then? I'll run her through the school and see where she would wind up...

... which would basically be tested and then trained as a teacher to be sent out... unless the covenant decides to retain 2 teachers or we simply don't put her through the school. If she is going to be a scribe though she needs to know some magic theory, and honestly there is no benefit to having a PC scribe where nobody has any plans to play. Honestly it looks to me like the best use of this character is as a natural philosopher, where she would apprentice to either Rilcheuax (which is getting really outside the covenant) or Marius. This could lead to a regular source of Tinctures of Gold if nothing else...

Ooooh yes.

And other reagents, too. Everything they do is natural, which might come in handy.

Yeah, feel free to grab her. And everyone loves those zany natural philosophers.