meetings of the board

"I agree, if the expense can be managed, we should do so. Providing good books for the school gives us multiple benefits over time."

Liberius: "I also agree that we should support the school, but perhaps it would be wiser until we have our year's income, and see then what we can afford, rather than committing silver that we do not currently possess."

"I agree with Maximilian and Liberius," Orion adds. "Using the scriptorium at the moment to augment our library would be reasonable. But until we have silver in hand, and can see what we have as a genuine surplus, I would be loathe to commit spending money we can't be certain that we'll have. My recommendation would be to authorize the scriptorium to copy some books for the library, and then revisit the issue of silver at our Autumn meeting, when we have collected some of the revenue from the scriptorium and the year's sheep shearing."

Agaptius agrees, "Yes, expanding our library would be in our best interest I feel. I agree with the consensus."

"Should we go ahead and put the motion on the floor to a vote? I say aye."

"Aye" Said by Omphalos, a lover of all things bookish.