meetings of the board

AYE Said the bonisagus

"Aye"

(And agreed.)

Gabriel counts on his fingers for a second before adding "aye"

"Aye" from Evangelos

Agapitus throws in an "Aye"

"And I vote 'aye' as well," Orion adds. "That's six votes in favor; the proposal passes. We shall prepare thirty Aegis tokens and shall give one to any covenfolk who need one because of supernatural abilities or afflictions."

"Does anyone else have a matter that needs to be brought before the Council?"

(Christophoros would have approached Orion before the meeting, about getting an advance of 20 pounds of silver to acquire books for the school, whether in actual silver or by having copies made from the scriptorium.)

shifting his boots along the table Aureliano spoke up lightly "Nothing rather special in particular, though if anyone has letters they need sent along the routes feel free to drop them off with me, I make my rounds every spring and fall. Also if you have anything that you need picked up from far away or need me to look for special somethings, library equipment, look for hopeful apprentices, please do ask...id be more than happy to help. Im also not an incredibly good instructor, but I'll teach anything i know." He shifted his feet off the table settling them on the ground, and played with the gold amulet in front of him, spinning it lightly.

"The headmaster has asked for an advance of 20 pounds towards developing he school, either in silver or books from the scriptorium."

(Who is talking? Gabriel would certainly not have that information.)

sorry, I had misread and thought he had approached Gabriel as the representative...

(Christophoros would not abase himself by going through Gabriel, a mundane in his eyes, to raise an issue with the magi. :mrgreen: That's why he went directly to Orion.)

After the meeting finishes, Evangelos will approach Aureliano.
"WIth regard to looking for things, I was wondering if you could keep an eye open for me. While there is no rush, I would eventually like to find a high level book on Rego. I expect it will take time to locate, and even longer for either I or the covenant to be able to afford it. But it would be good to find out where such a volume exists and what it will take to purchase a copy, or possibly simply get access to it for several seasons."

"I believe Alexander's faerie friend is accelerating the development of one of the scribes at the scriptorium, depending on how that plan concludes in a few years, it is quite likely he will be ready to take on covenant level responsibilities well before the scriptorium is ready for him to be a journeyman. We might start making considerations now for what sort of role we would want him to play."

When evangelos approached him he smiled lightly, as he tipped his hat with a grin Ill see what i can find, even if we are unable to afford such a thing, many are most kind to the Mercere when it comes to any and all deals...at worst I could always procure something on loan. I am fast enough to rapidly return anything to another covenant."

With a smile in return, "My thanks, good Aureliano."

"One last thing I'd like to propose," Orion says when it seems like no one else has anything else to discuss, "is allocating some funds for the mundane library. I know that Christopheros wishes to have twenty pounds of silver allocated for book purchases. And I agree that this is a reasonable amount in general. The only question I have is whether this will be workable with our current reserves of silver. Perhaps we can arrange to have the scriptorium copy some books for him instead of giving him silver."

"In any case, I would like to propose that the school be allocated twenty pounds of silver for book purchases, the money to be allocated in the winter when we account for our income for the year. In addition, the school would be able to take a portion of the allocation in kind, if it wishes, from the output of the scriptorium." He pauses and looks around the chamber. "Do I have a second, or would anyone like to discuss the matter?"

"Twenty pounds seem a large sum," muses Maximilian. "Particularly considering that most of our silver was funneled into the construction of the manor, including the school classes that he will get to use."

"Of course, such books will benefit us as well, in some cases. So indeed, using the scriptorium to make additional copies of books they are already working on would seem preferable to me. At least for now. So I would agree that the scriptorium provide additional copies to the school, but no lump sum of silver at this point."

((OOC: Just a reminder that the covenant started with only 10 pounds of silver as a reserve of cash.))

Gabriel raises his hand "I will second the motion."

If we can manage the expense...i approve. Said Omphalos