Metodicus's huge list of Spells for moderation

I never said that. I said that the fire burns those it touches. Normally pilum against human sized targets burns just one person.

About giving Voice range to my above spell: it would be possible to hit more than one people with it in my Saga (and the same might be possible with Pilum in some strange situations) but the targets would have to be very close to each other. One pace diameter isn't a lot. It is half pace radius ie only 45 centimers or about a foot and a half if you prefer. (If I remember my 'pace' correctly)

It might be possible to burn two soldiers marching in row/line, but if you tried to use the same spell against an enemy fighting your shield grog, you might also burn your grog in the process. In those situations the precision of Pilum is preferred.

That is because the target of Creo Ignem is the fire it creates, not the things it burns. I think you agreed about that in Wards and Penetration thread before, but I might be mistaken. (page 9 or 10 in that thread)

So are you saying now that one pilum might kill all the bees in the swarm if it hit it properly? Quite a feat for few feet long, few inches thick jet of flame.

My answer to the question is: Pilum of Flame would kill many bees, but if that is your only defense against angry bee swarm you would be screwed.

Edit from here on (6th of March):
Also Sodalis Fixer, I congratulate you for your high Avoid Answering Direct Questions skill. It is too high for my debate skills to defeat, so I think that we can conclude this discussion at this point. If you wish to continue at some point, I will gladly do so.

Sodales, I hope I haven't been too annoying. I tend to become little heated when I talk about fire, but I blame my childhood; I grew up mostly among Flabeaus. The thing is that Ignem isn't the only Form which can be used to attack several targets with just one singular Creo spell with Individual "Target". Here are some examples so you can hate the other Forms too :wink:

• Creo Terram: Create a block of granite and drop it into an ant hill.
  • Creo Aquam: Create a bucket of acid and drop it to the same.
  • Creo Herbam: Create a tree trunk and drop it.
  • Creo Animalem: Create a pony (or carcass of it) and drop it.
  • Creo Corporem: Create a corpse and drop it.
    etc.
    The only difference with Ignem is that is doesn't have to be dropped. Aquam/acids work the same way.

Also, I apologize to Sodalis Metodicus for hijacking this thread this rudely.

bows and steps back into shadows until the next time

Just this, then again.
While I certainly agree on the premise (CrIg creates a fire, CrAq creates water), I think that allowing this to hurt more than one person with only a basic creation (T: Ind) and without additionnal "size" magnitudes is IMHO an abuse of the guidelines. AFAIK, every such published spell conforms to this idea, targeting and hurting directly only one person.
You're certainly welcome to allow them to do more, there's, IMO, nothing intrisically wrong with it, although it's mostly a question of milleage and, IMO, you should then stay coherent through the spells, making every Cr spell an Area of effect spell.

Oh, and despite what you seem to imply, your above spell, mechanically, is just a R: Personnal pilum, nothing more. There's no difference in design between the 2, save the range, so there's no reason it should do more or less: Not burning your shield grog would thus need, not a pilum, but a finesse roll.

Arc of fiery ribbons is T:group.

Make this R: personal D: mom T: group and there you go with your immolation spell. Able to affect up to a group of people but the range is personal

There is a spell in HOH:S that causes just that in a grand scale (CrIg50). Can anyone check what R/D/T it is?

Cheers,

Xavi

Yes, it has T: Group, not T: Ind :wink:
But this would work.

And the HoH: S spell (Last Flight of the Phoenix) has 2 added magnitudes for size (T: Ind, + 2 mag for extra size)

Coming back to the original purpose of this topic, to moderate some spells I would like to create, here I am again with a new one
(however thanks a lot to all for your explanations)

Mighty Torrent of Heated Water Cr/Aq[Ig]25
R:Voice D:Mom T:Ind

as for "Mighty Torrent of Water" but with some other damages [+10] as a result of the great heat of the water

(Level 20 as the original spell +1 Mag for the Requisite)

... please note that Mighty Torrent of Water is a level 20 Spell but if I follow the formula [Arm5 p.121] the final level should be 15. Is this an error?

I don't understand.

Mighty ToW is base 10, + 2 voice, final level 20. No error there, no?

As per your other damage, MToW already does +10 damage. You haven't enhanced it, have you? Or maybe I missed something?

My intention is to create a spell doing +20 damages, +10 from original ToW's effects and another +10 from the heat