Round Nine,

Attack: 9+ roll ( 1 then, 8 = 16+9 ) = 25
Defense: 8+ roll ( 1 then, 1 then, 6 = 24+8 ) = 32
Weakening: 2+ AttAdv, Resistance: 5

An interesting round ahead...

defense round nine: 1D10+11 = [4]+11 = 15
2 fatigue levels lost, three total
Fleur concedes

Vocis approaches the two, "An excellent duel, Fleur thank you." bowing his head in gratitude. "Micaela take your rest, your rounds continue." pointing to a side bench.
[hr][/hr]
OOC: I think Lucas and Roberto expressed an interest, given Vocis will do the final round - we one one volunteer from them. Who's keen?

Roberto steps forward.
[color=red]Well done young one! Your victory is a feat to be proud of. But I shall not be so gentle, for you must now learn to be proud in defeat.
Creo!

Micaela is clearly stressed! She briefly looks to Vocis' blank face, and then exhales slowly. She speaks clearly though, "Imaginem".

Creo Init: Qui + Fin = 1 + roll (4) = 5

[hr][/hr]
Creo Init: Qui + Fin = 1 + roll
Attack: Pres + Fm/Te, 9+ roll ( .. ) = ?, Defense: Per + Fm/Te 8+ roll ( .. ) = ?, Weakening: 2+ AttAdv, Resistance: 5

Laying out my scores for future reference...
Init +5 (Quickness +1, Finesse 3 (speed))
Attack +1 & Art (Presence +1)
Defense +0 & Art (Perception 0)
Arts: Creo +9, Imaginem +5
Weakening +3/+4 & Advantage (Intelligence +1, Penetration 2 (Creo))
Resistance +5 (Stamina +1, Parma Magica 4)

Certamen Initiative: 1D10 = [6] = 6. plus 5 = 11
It would be easier to put the bonus in the roll formula
Certamen Attack with Creo: 1D10+9 = [8]+9 = 17
Certamen Defense with Imaginem: 1D10+5 = [9]+5 = 14

It is best to draw this to a close rather than revive it. IBT & Silveroak played it the most, so 2 Fortune each. I (Markoko) and Trogdor dabbled a little bit, so one apiece. No XP, the apprentice becomes a magus, Vocis gains some sort of House Tremere status or prestige.

IBT, this was your story. If you want to land it proper and write up a little epilogue, an additional point of Fortune is granted.

Micaela would have no hope against Roberto at this point, but she fights until she is almost exhausted. Then after a rest she duels her Master. As expected Vocis is the winner, but instead of the coaching, conversational, and advisory style typical between the two, Vocis is instead silent and brutal. She gains little advantage and seems to step incorrectly more often as the duel closes. Vocis finishes the battle with a resounding strike, knocking her unconscious. However when she recovers the kindness is back in his eyes. Clearly proud of her.

After the Certamen competition Micaela would be exhausted and properly schooled by the three Magi. Her luck in the first bout interesting but rather than cocky about winning one bout she would strongly desire to thank Roberto and especially Fleur earnestly, and do so later during the less ritualised dinner. Vocis repeatedly drilling her on post-Certamen etiquette would be useful.
Then still in the round combat floor she presents the birch twig from a magical tree and is officially a Magus. Vocis in turn then takes her voting sigil from her. Their exchange again very ceremonial and a little wooden due to both Master and apprentice not seeing these exchanges very often. Lastly Vocis walks with her to the edge of the floor and presents her with a gift. Books and scrolls mainly, but also a hardy travel chest to contain it all. Both look pleased and emotional.
(I assume) food and drink are then offered to all in attendance.
A note - as Vocis leaves the floor he walks directly to his next apprentice who was brought as one of the witnesses, "come with me please child, you will walk as I do."
The next evening Micaela takes the portal network to the Domus Magnus.

I just stumbled on this thread by way of IBT's website. Thanks for closing things out for Micaela. :slight_smile:

It was a pleasure! I wish I had more time to write far more. Glad you’re reading the blog too.