Modifier interactions

This came up the other night, and we flipped a coin to rule it. I played Knight By Nincompoops on a family member, which says "Whenever a new modifier is played on this character, place it beneath this one", and another player played Distracted Dr Hannah, which says "When this card is played, discard the modifier immediately beneath it." The question was if Dr Hannah would resolve before or after being placed beneath Nincompoops. It was an issue because he was trying to use it to get rid of the Nincompoops modifier.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

Looking at the two cards...
Knighted By Nincompoops: "Whenever a new modifier is played on this character, place it beneath this one"
Distracted Dr Hannah: "When this card is played, discard the modifier immediately beneath it."

In my opinion as the designer, Nincompoops takes precedence. Nincompoops is an ongoing effect that states that new Modifiers are placed beneath it. Thus, in my opinion, Hannah goes directly from the player's hand to BENEATH Nincompoops, and removes the Modifier that was previously beneath Nincompoops (if any). Hannah shouldn't ever be on top of Nincompoops, so it would never be in a position to remove it.

The critical term here is "played on this character." In my opinion, this simply means that a player states an INTENT to play a Modifier on the character; Nincompoop's effect then occurs and causes them to place the Modifier beneath Nincompoops. So it's not that the new Modifier starts at the top of the pile and is then bumped down one; it simply goes directly from the hand to beneath Nincompoops.