mountain trek

The larger ogre nods as he hears this story. "Good, now I have two wives. Put her with the first."

She smiles at him, but says "You really don't wanna try that. Or you're gonna face an entire covenant of angry Magi coming down at you. I am willing to let you keep the young man's wife, since he's dead, and won't claim her again. But if you try to force me to stay, you're doing a big mistake."

The smaller ogre picks you up again and begins to carry you up more stairs to another room, where a third ogre fumbles with a key for a moment to open the door and dump you onto a bed covered with moth eaten silk sheets. he tromps out of the room and a human woman appears from behind a vanity in the corner. "Who are you?"

"Someone who's going to make some troubles for these Ogres. And I guess you're the woman they kidnapped?"
White talking to her, Okeannetis will look at the walls of the room. Are they stone?

The walls of the room have an outer layer of plaster, but where that has worn away you can see stone beneath.

The woman's face brightens "I'm sure if we work together they won't be able to stop us."

"Mmm, I definitely plan to break free from here, but am not of a plan to do so. What is your name? Your husband neglected to give him your name, and his, for that matter. And do the ogres have a schedule they visit you here?"

"I'm Brede, they bring food after every meal, I don't have a way to tell time, so I'm not sure how regular that is." The room has no windows.

"Well Brede, it's time for us to leave, cause I have no intention of being a filthy ogre's wife. I will try to make the wall malleable, and I need you to make an opening through it, while I concentrate on the spell, ok?"
It was phrased as a question, but the tone of voice indicated this wasn't a question, as she starts to chant the words loudly, and make exaggerated gestures, to cast the spell.

OOC: Casting Rock of Viscid Clay, spontaneously, at Concentration Duration, so MuTe10, has +10 Mu, +1 Te, +2 Sta, +2 Loud and exaggerated Gestures, so +15 +Aura bonus + die roll

assuming this is with fatigue- you manage to cast the spell easily enough, but Brede is a bit touchy about getting messy, but manages to get the wall slowly pulled apart- though it will require a couple of concentration rolls for you to hold the spell while she works.

Okeannetis will concentrate on the spell (5 in Concentration + 2 in Stamina)

It takes nearly an hour while she fusses and fidgets and carves away the clayish rock, but eventually you have a hole in the wall which she considers satisfactory, which emerges 30 feet above the ground. Brede looks at you and asks "What next?"

"Now, we get out." And Okeannetis casts a spell to reduce Brede's size, and then brings out the scarf of sheep wool, and tells Brede "Get on my back after I change form, and hold on tight. It's not gonna be an easy thing, but we can get out of here." And she takes on her wild Goat form.

As you shrink Brede she begins screaming.

2 Likes

Cursing under her breath, she stops casting the spell. "What's the problem?"

"You heave enchanted me, reduced me! This is worse than the ogres! HELP!" You can hear the door being unlocked.

"I said I was doing that to rescue you, you ungrateful!" And she jumps off the opening, and turn into her wild sheep form.

basic fall damage=17 (15 for falling distance+2 die roll)
soak: 9 (3 sta and roll 6)
damage is 8 so you take a moderate wound from the fall. (rams get +3 for climbing, not for falling, especially mid fall)

You land on the ground and see an ogre yelling at you from the hole you made in the wall.

Okeannetis will turn into a wild sheep, and make haste away from the castle. That ungrateful woman, with her cursing, deserves to stay as the wife of that ogre.

You had already turned into a mountain sheep- it gave you one more soak on the fall.
You head away from the castle but are soon pursued by a group of three ogres with spears.

Cursing profanity in her head, she will run away from them, into the nearby forest, where she hopes to lose them, changing from sheep to human form, and vice versa. She will change to human form near a tree big enough that it's gonna be easier to climb, and move to another tree from, and then climb down and back into sheep form to confuse them if they use their scent.