New Tribunal of Iberia book (in Spain)

The map looks really good!

3 Likes

Can we take "pledge without reward" and add the map as an option ?

1 Like

You know, Wow. After looking at the kickstarter extras I have to say the art for these spanish supplements looks considerably better than what I've seen for the 5E english version. Which to me, is interesting because of the discussion around "why is ars magica so obscure" and while yes, people talk rules and such until the cows come home, I really think issues as simple as "lack of inspirational art that emotionally resonates with players" is far underestimated.

I don't know much about the spanish RPG web forum ecosystem, but I hope this book is being advertised on other large sites!

7 Likes

Being spaniard I'm having quite a lot of contradictory feelings because of these two threads. On one hand we have the obscure thread were everything is hopeless and decay, and on the other we have something exciting and promising.

Which comes back to the idea that Atlas had moved on, while Holocubierta is still pushing (now with this new book, but also they have the advantage that they have so many books to translate that they can feed us with translations for decades). Not just because of the Iberia book: taking the chance they had updated the rulebook with all the errata, and giving it as a deluxe edition of it (which I'm not so sure about getting, because hey, it's expensive and the original spanish rulebook looks way nicer than the original english one. But my birthday and Christmas are coming so I'm crossing my fingers about that). I was hoping that at some point that was what Atlas pretended to do, but it's odd that here in Spain we are getting that first.

8 Likes

I couldn't agree more. For good or bad, nice art sells, and we're lucky to have this amazing layout and art for the Spanish edition (and now, this gorgeous map). (On the other hand, as I said before, we're 35 books behind...).

Unfortunately, Spanish market is quite limited, not just for Ars, but for anything that is not D&D, CoC and a few other behemoths. However, the fan base for Ars is also quite loyal, and the book is also being pushed as something that can be used for any other similar games, since there is a huge, system-less chapter on history that you can use just as you want.

And yes, I also agree with Ouroboros: it is a platitude, but having a publisher that is still actively, well, publishing the game, and looking for new ways to expand the fan base, is a blessing.

7 Likes

Salvete sodales!

Yesterday we unlocked the second stretch goal!! An amazing mundane library plenty of usefull books for those covenants that will need them to improve the skill of their habitants. It is a library with the best books written by real authors, historicians, physicians and erudites of the time.

Thank you for all the support you are giving us even though Spanish is not your mother tongue.

9 Likes

Some illustrations of the Tribunal of Iberia: Finis Terrae, like the scene in which the Duresca scrolls were declared fraudulent!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/holocubierta/finis-terrae-tribunal-de-iberia-para-ars-magica-5a-edicion/posts/3381899

5 Likes

Welcome aboard @Ben_McFarland! And thank you :hearts:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/holocubierta/finis-terrae-tribunal-de-iberia-para-ars-magica-5a-edicion/posts/3384463

5 Likes

I'm really excited for the opportunity! Can't wait!

-Ben.

5 Likes

There are only eleven hours until the Kickstarter ends... the Tribunal of Iberia is funded and several stretch goals have been unlocked... only one left. Thank you all for your support! :hearts:

1 Like

I threw money at the project earlier today.

2 Likes