Off-topic discussions

@VanSilke @jebrick ?

I am good to go

I should be able to handle a saga with 2 or 3 players. :slight_smile:

Now, I think we need to reposition the saga slightly, so that it is low-maintenance for me.

1. I don't want to roleplay all the details regarding the set-up of the covenant. So we'd start from the description and maps I shared about the site and then just flesh it out enough to reflect what the magi do over a period of... let's say 6 months. So a number of mundanes are recruited to run whatever source of income and cover you decide on. The culture of hops and bee keeping were mentioned as possibilities (could be both). Buildings are established, contacts with mundanes are made, etc.

2. I'm thinking of getting rid of most of the library house rules I tried to put up, and replacing them with something simpler, similar to the library rules from 3rd edition. Each Art or Ability in the library would would have a Level and Quality, much like a summa. You can study from the library for a season and gain xp equal to Quality if your score is below or equal to the Level. If your score is higher that the Level, the difference is substracted from the Quality. Each season that a magus invests in improving the library gives a number of xp to improve Quality and/or Level on one or more subjects, spread out as you like. No more tracking individual books.

3. This remains a character-driven saga, so if you want something other than lab work to happen, you tell me. You should activate your story flaws once in a while, and how (in a general sense). The longer between activations, the more severe the story and/or consequences.

4. Lab improvement will work much like library improvement. A season of work gives you xp to add a perk to your lab. Simplified, not full Covenant virtues and flaws (though the book can provide inspiration). Same thing for overall Covenant improvements.

Let's keep things simple, easy, and fun. With a focus on stories rather than number crunching. What say you? Sounds reasonable?

I'm open to resuming the thing as well, just wasn't sure how to continue.

Everything sounds mostly reasonable I think. As for bookkeeping, I can do something in that regard if you're not up for it.

Skipping forward and allowing six months of set up to be handwaved will allow the game to start flowing.

I didn't really get the new book rules, so any simplification is fine by me.

I modified the library House Rule as well as the content of the library to reflect the simplified library.

I tried to keep it simple and it can be expanded if something comes up that I haven't considered.

Happy new year to all! May 2021 offer us joy and happiness. :smiley:

1 Like

I have lost track of this during the holidays :slight_smile: What else do we need to flesh out?

Happy new year indeed.

Whatever you collectively think you need before we start play. In the Covenant development discussion, I suggested:

• Naming the mundanes who work for you
    • A pair of brewers
    • A cooper with his apprentice
    • A teamster/laborer
    • One or two covenfolk for cooking and cleaning
  • Stating some grogs (Jorge and Jan, plus 1-2 more if you want to)
  • Perhaps a basic map of the surface buildings

Also, Emericus was spending some time looking for additional vis sources. He would probably find 2 or 3 minor ones (1-3 pawns per year each). They'll need to be described.

Brewers:
Rubertus and Hugo
Cooper: Arnoldus
Cooper Apprentice:Stephan
Teamster: Godscalcus
General Coven folk
Gertrudis (f)
Cristina(f)

https://heraldry.sca.org/names/germ13.html

I'll try to work on some Grogs and vis sources

1 Like

Where do you want me to be posting Grogs and vis sources?

New topics created:

• Grogs and covenfolk
  • Vis sources

Is Jan or Jorge anyone's shield grogs? Or should give them a sheet?

They're not assigned specifically to anyone. They were born in Durenmar and as a result they are both mute as well as rather unimaginative.

All the grogs should have their sheet on the new topic, wether they are someone's shield grog or not.

EDIT: I saw that you posted stats for 2 grogs. If you can, a short paragraph to describe them (physically but also their overall personallity and attitude) would be nice. :slight_smile:

Hello all, I talked to Arthur, and am interested in joining this game.

Am still new to the game, but would love to explore it some more.

@Red-Shadow-Claws Welcome

Was it ever decided on what the bones in the pool would be for the vis source? I heard Vim and Corpus and perhaps terrum

So, the new topic 1198 A.D. (Spring) Our New Home is a not-so-subtle hint. Are we ready to start play? :wink:

My computer is not working for the time being. Hopefully I will have a working one in a few days, and will write down the character's history

I've tried, but it seems the saga is unable to get off the ground. Any suggestion?