Off-topic discussions

New topics created:

• Grogs and covenfolk
  • Vis sources

Is Jan or Jorge anyone's shield grogs? Or should give them a sheet?

They're not assigned specifically to anyone. They were born in Durenmar and as a result they are both mute as well as rather unimaginative.

All the grogs should have their sheet on the new topic, wether they are someone's shield grog or not.

EDIT: I saw that you posted stats for 2 grogs. If you can, a short paragraph to describe them (physically but also their overall personallity and attitude) would be nice. :slight_smile:

Hello all, I talked to Arthur, and am interested in joining this game.

Am still new to the game, but would love to explore it some more.

@Red-Shadow-Claws Welcome

Was it ever decided on what the bones in the pool would be for the vis source? I heard Vim and Corpus and perhaps terrum

So, the new topic 1198 A.D. (Spring) Our New Home is a not-so-subtle hint. Are we ready to start play? :wink:

My computer is not working for the time being. Hopefully I will have a working one in a few days, and will write down the character's history

I've tried, but it seems the saga is unable to get off the ground. Any suggestion?

I don't know. I've chatted with Tandaline, hoping for someone else to join in, but it's a bit tough if no other players step up.

I contacted each of the missing players privately 12 days ago:

• VanSilke said he had to catch up on what was going on, but he wanted to be more active in the discussions. No post since then. :neutral_face:
  • Itzhak was waiting for approval of his character, but I told him he could still join in the story part, with handwaving of some details in the book for how his magus joined the building effort. No post since then. :neutral_face:
  • jebrick has been very busy at work and had limited capacity in his time, but he was still interested. No post since then. :neutral_face:

I simply don't know what more I can do. Would you be interested in a solo story? We can spin something relatively self-contained. Perhaps something that occured within those 6 months while the covenant was being set up?

We can pick up with the covenant activities when the others get back. Or eventually recruit new players if they don't.

Let's try a solo story, see if we can flesh out a few more details and bring some life to the grogs.

Am around, but am barely able to do much. Dealing with a medical issue, which I hope will improve over the next week or so.

I started a new story, to take place while the covenant was being built. Ties up with Borealis' interest in weather.

Itzhak, get better. I just want to offer everyone a place and a chance to have some fun. :slight_smile:

Back from vacation. I did not travel anywhere, but sitting at my computer was low on my list of priorities. :wink:

I will resume the story soon.

1 Like

It has been months since the other players have posted anything here.

Should we recruit some new players to rejuvenate the saga?

Yes. Poke everyone who has played, and advertise again. As there aren't a lot of PbP games active on this forum, I'm sure you will get takers.

I'm unhappy with the rate of posting here. We have a simple story going, but which only sees one player post per week. We have another player building his magus, but with progress so slow that I lose track.

When I created this saga, I specified:

This is not being met. Is the saga still viable?

Well, we are very short on players. Either we need to stock the saga full of people who want to play and actually generate characters, or you will face situations like now where every time your only active player has a lot on, the posting rate will dive.

It is your choice as to whether this saga is worth your time. If you don't feel that this one is going to take off, feel free to close it down. It sounds like the one story going should be resolved in a few more posts, so at least you can get one story finished.

My apologies, I didn't mean to put blame on you. I'm still debating with myself whether the saga can be revitalized and whether we can reach a self-sustaining critical mass of players with the setting I imagined for this saga.

The thought of a small underground single-House covenant was appealing to me when I launched the saga. As you may remember, the rest was basically determined by the players themselves - the House, the general location, etc.

If we essentially reboot the saga by adding several additional players, do we want to change some of the initial parameters to make it more appealing and diversified? Larger, so as to reach a critical mass of players to keep it alive? Change the single-House restriction?

And there is also the fact that bringing in new players mean going through another phase of character creation, which can take several weeks (possibly months), so play wouldn't resume for a while.

Finally, there will need to be a few beta storyguides to help me run the stories. Those are a bit harder to come by than players, as you certainly know.

Back online, sorry for the long delay. I have some ideas to rejuvenate the saga. I'll share them soon.