Off topic

I'm working on Sophie's Faerie Friend, which is one of her required Flaws. I was planning to go with a faerie, male, common chaffinch since that bird is well-known for its singing. I was figuring a low Might, Incognizant Faerie with minor powers based on the Flaw's statements to have it be a regular companion. I know the bird would be Size -8, which sets Faerie Beast and Little x2. What Might should I give it? The base 5 would make building it easier, but that could be shifted. I have a few power ideas in mind, all of them either it singing or it encouraging music in others. My plan is to give it one Personality Flaw, Weakness for music, and then just balance what it already has for Flaws with Virtues for those powers. Sound good?

Sounds good. Give him. low might. 5-10 or so. Higher would be too much for a minor feature. I know that given its size might should be higher, but I think it makes more sense for it to be low might.

Well, as you can see in the Daria thread, it seems that she will lot be around much longer due to age. That changes how I planned to approach the first meeting. What Triamore has is a death toll crisis, not a political or (just) membership one.

I will try to write the initial scenes during this week or weekend. Trying to think about adventures for a priest of a forest being, a faerie doctor and a Franciscan is challenging :wink: It looks like a Muslim, Jew, Christian joke xD And all are invited by a quasi-pagan worshiper of Virgil. Lol

BTW, finally got moderator powers here. Yay!! Will try to clean a little bit around.

Sophie could have partly been brought in for longevity reasons. I'll run some numbers later.

Looks like Sophie could give -15 bonus to aging rolls (alongside -15 penalty to recovery rolls) for as long as Daria remains in a supernatural Aura. Different Durations could be used, such as Year.

An alternative, if that -15 isn't good enough, is that she could put off all aging rolls as long as Daria remains in a supernatural Aura.

Some (most/all) of you know more about medieval Europe than I do. I'm trying to sort out the various noble holdings in northeastern region of France (in the vicinity of Reims, but needn't be right there) to sort out the specifics of where Roland is from, what he would be heir to, who would be directly above him, etc. I know Phillip II is way on top.

I found this map, which is fairly helpful even if not very detailed: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_lands_of_France#/media/File:Territorial_Conquests_of_Philip_II_of_France.png
I also found this map, which is older (almost 40 years, so just over 10 years before Roland's birth) but helps more with names: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a6/Map_France_1180-fr.svg
(Outside of the legend's overlapping symbols and first letters for monasteries and the like, I really like this one.)

It looks like there are a few small counties between Flanders and Champagne that are more independent, and then some small counties northeast of Champagne that lie under Thibault IV.

Any suggestions?

How's the Roland as a son of the Seigneur de Crupet?

The French article on Crupet is more precise about the date of seigneurie and donjon: you can expect, that Roland's father has recently acquired the domain.

Awesome maps :slight_smile:

Take in mind that there are COUNTIES and counties. Some larger counties like flanders or champagne, have smaller counties inside them.

One of the counties of Flanders could be good. Guines, Boulogne, Hesdin, Saint pol.

If not some of southern Champagne. Northern champagne is an option since Porcien, Rumigny and Rethel border Triamore or are coterminous with areas that do. But maybe they are too near. Grandpré, Soissons, Chateau Thierry, Joigny or Chateau Renard can also be clear options.

Also. Take into account that we do not know what you plan to be heornof since ther eis no backstory fornthe character. A manor, a minor county, a major one? The kingdom of France? The Holy Roman Empire? :slight_smile: A manor can be located anywhere you want, and up to 4 or 5 manors or even 10 controlled by your family (the scale of a wealthy Landed noble according to LoM) is ok to be located wherever you want. But it is always nice to decide.

I think that I will consider your father to be 20+stress die years older than you and roll to see when he dies of old age. Each time we have a major conflict in the saga we will roll as well to se if he dies in the conflict. How about that? Sounds fun and random.

That second map also gives us a much clearer picture of where Triamore is since it's supposed to be 1) West of the Meuse, 2) in the County of Namur, 3) near the border with Picardy, 4) near the border with the County of Luxembourg

Ok, launching the story :slight_smile: I introduced the 3 supernatural characters, but you can play around with other characters including the companions at will. Have fun!

Typo alert: Title of new thread

1 Like

It's a good thing the initial set up has Sulpice in the outer bailey :laughing:

This way he can see you approach if you fancy it.

Well, he had his chance. I saw him first! :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the moment of awkwardness that Remi created. xD

Added the general mystic setting for the new Order. If you have comments feel free to voice them.

For my own clarity:

Remi and Sulpice both have the Gentle Gift.
Yannis has the Gift.
Daria seems like has the Gift, but none of it is listed.

So Sophie (and all the companions/grogs) should only be affected by Yannis's and Daria's Gifts, right?

Daria has the gift yes. I need to edit her entry. Daria and Yannis are the ones causing ripples of malfeasance around, yup.

I am considering making the Aegis act as a shared Parma. So inside an Aegis scial interactions would be normal.

I was supposed to finish Alexandre and his labor gang, but I undertook a carpentry project and now I am in a bit of pain. :stuck_out_tongue: Will try to finish them tomorrow.

Sounds very adequate not to finish a mason because you are using your craft: carpenter

1 Like