The Charter is amended as follows:
1.The clause wherein the Members of the Council shall serve as princeps for one season, on a rotating basis, is removed, to be replaced by:
2.The Council of Magi shall elect members of the council to serve the following offices:
- The Princeps shall chair meetings of the Council, serve as the face of the Covenant in Hermetic affairs not covered by other Officers, and handle any matters not falling under the purview of other Officers.
- The Imperator is charged with the development, maintenance and enhancement of the Covenant's armed forces. The Imperator is also tasked with the development of strategies to safeguard the populace of the Covenant, including Members.
- The Scutatius is charged with the design, use and acquisition of the Covenant's magical defenses, including the acquisition of lab texts and items to be used for the Covenant's security and suggesting projects for the members of the Council to enhance the Covenant's security.
- The Villicus shall be in charge of the covenant's relationships with mortals without the Covenant (including, but not limited to, craftsmen and traders, nobility, and the Church) and with the mortals associated with or inhabiting the Covenant.
- The Aedilis is charged with the oversight of magical resources, including harvesting, storing, and maintaining an inventory of the Vis stores, is in charge of any and all enchanted items that belong to the Covenant, and shall maintain a listing of any members' personal enchanted items that they have volunteered for the Covenant's use, if needed.
- The Diocetes shall be in charge of the Covenant's mundane resources, including buildings, livestock, crops, and any other items not magical in nature.
Each Officer shall be elected by a majority vote of the Council, and shall serve so long as he is a member in good standing of the Council, save where he is removed by a unanimous vote of the Council. The Officer may serve as long as he wills, subject to the previously-mentioned restrictions, and may resign his office at any time, by notifying the Council of his resignation.
An Officer of the Council shall name at least one other member of the council to serve as his Deputy to make the performance of his duties go more smoothly, and to act as a temporary Officer in case of the Officer's absence or incapacitation (including Twilight).
No Member of the Council may be forced to hold a particular office (as officer or deputy) against his will.
((For some reason, I thought I could create a poll here...guess not. Anyway, here's a discussion of the proposed amendment, and a place for the magi to vote on it once it gets finalized. I'll make changes to the amendment here so we have it all in once place.))