Officers Amendment vote/discussion

Isen turns towards the newcomer
Thank you.

"Shall we replace the charter amendment wording with these divisions, and remove the specifics we've included so far? Then, whenever a specific task comes up, we can move to amend the charter to include that task or a general responsibility based on that task. Do we still want a Princeps to adjudicate Council Meetings, or will that get covered by the Interpres? "

The sand in the clay pot shifts.

Imperator - Martial, mundane
Scutatius - Martial, magical

Villicus - Diplomatic, mundane
Interpres - Diplomatic, magical

Aedilis - Logistics, magical
Diocetes - Logistics, mundane

We still wants a princeps, says Isen. His role simply shall be more limited that before. His role is to adjudicate council meetings, while the Interpres has to manage our diplomatic ties to the hermetic world.

Fiona nods approvingly. [color=blue]"I move that we amend the charter as discussed, with the officer descriptions that Viscaria outlined, while keeping the office of Princeps."

Viscaria seconds the motion.

Tranquillina touches the side table on which the amendment lies, and creates the image of the two words AYE and NAY in the grain of the tabletop, well separated from each other. ((Base 1, +1 complexity, +1 Touch, +1 Diam = level 4. She can just barely do this without fatigue. Finesse total: Int 3 + Finesse 2 + stress die 5 = 10.)) Those who pay attention might notice that the spell lasts longer than a quarter of an hour before fading.

She then takes out an old Roman coin and places it on the table near the word AYE.

((That's why I went with Rego and the sand.))

Fiona leans over the table and places a miniature white cauldron (her voting sigil) under the word AYE.

Viscaria starts to get up, then decides to show off. She pulls out of her stubby wand-like casting tools, and her voting sigil floats across the room. It is a silver stalk of flowers. A truly discerning eye might notice that several of the flower buds are eating fruitflies.

Her sigil wobbles for a bit and then drops about a foot away from the table. She grumbles, gets out of the chair, and manually places it in the AYE column.

Alexei raises an amused eyebrow at the antics and merely says. "Aye."

Isen :unamused:

Aye.

Aye

Aye

"That's unanimous, then. Now we need to assign officers to the positions. I believe the nominations were:"

Fiona - Princeps
Alexei - Imperator
Isen - Scutatius
Traquilina - Villicus
Viscaria - Aedilis
Traquilina - Diocetes
Korvin - Interpres

((OOC: We also need to have a consensus as to when this takes place, so we know which seasons get freed up.))

When is this debate happening? what year and season?

Yes, that's what I'm asking you.

After Tranquillina shows up. That's 1223.2, beyond that....

I'm thinking, based on what's been said time-wise so far, that it happens at the regular Council meeting on the Autumn Solstice in 1223.

So the very beginning of 1223.3? That's about what I thought.

((OOC note: none of you boys want to vote with your sigils? All us girls did. Not very impressive :smiley: ))

((Pedantic note: Summer and Winter have solstices, Spring and Autumn have equinoxes. Sorry couldn't help myself :blush: ))

((Whoops. I'm going to blame it on being worried about the greyhound with ossification in the lower vertebrae.))

[color=blue]"I believe so, as well," Fiona says.

1223.3 Korvin is on an adventure that is Precept business so I would say beginning in 1224.1