OOC: Adventures

[tab][/tab] Is fine any way you want to portray the knight.

[tab][/tab]Updated all adventures, still missing Cat, just move on without the characters and we will see.

Have you tried to PM her? She is active on the fora, even if not in our saga.

1.3b

It appears that the pesonality traits were lost in the write-up of Arni, except for those induced by personality flaws.
in my notes I have Eagle +2, Wilderist +3, Missionary +2. Could you add them please?

I wonder if Optimist +3 is relevant when entering narrow caves ... depends, I suppose, whether the challenge is the immediate lack of space, or the fear of its getting worse..

Sry had a busy past couple weeks and Raven didn't really have a whole lot to say.

Welcome back Cat, no worries

Ioke I added them on the character sheet.

For 1.3b:
For the torch/es, both Arni and Scylax have Unseen Arm, so may be able to help in this regard (Scylax has Conc 3, so can keep it up continuously for 15 minutes)

Is there space for Scylax up there? He would rather Wizard's Leap than climb (-2 Str + no Athletics), but would need a clear, flat space to appear in.

Scylax can spont something like Fist of Shattering, but like this: PeTe 10
Base 4 R:Touch D: Mom. T:Part, destroy Stone up to a pace across in volume. Creating a furrow in the top of the obstacle (not the ceiling of the cavern!) 6" deep x 18" wide x 10' long is possible, correct (that's why I am using the Part Target)?The furrow can be made deeper and wider if it does not have to be so long. Extra magnitudes would go to make the furrow's dimensions larger.

Spont cast would be PeTe 16 + 2 Sta +1 Loud voice (guessing he can't gesture vigorously up there) - whatever penalties IonianD sees fit + roll, should be able to create a much more comfortable crawlspace. Does this solve some of the difficulties at this juncture, or am I understanding this wrong? Brave rolls might be eased, and the Athletics contortionist could be avoided as well.

Scylax is not particularly Brave, but he is Pragmatic +1, would this apply to this roll (there's no other choice)

Perception rolls were made. This is what your characters see and don't see.
EDIT: Missing an ear is a bad thing >_<

1.3b
The problem with the torches is not how to carry them, its that the space is too small to have a burning thing next to your skin.
The ledge is not flat. It can support 2, maybe three people if they squeeze. For teleportation you will need a finesse roll 9.
Using magic to widen the fissure is possible. You need to be further in to affect the S junction. You will also be restricted with hand gestures at that point. Or you could possibly do massive rearrangement to the cave somehow, with various results.
The roll is Brave vs 4, unless you have a negative trait that affects the situation, not a different positive one. Failure incurs a -2 penalty, botching means your character will not enter that tiny space. The eagle is more problematic in this respect.
Botch roll for Alexios is one dice. In the event of a botch he will fall and gain 1 light wound.

1.3b.

Nota bene.
The pebble does not shine. It is just the centre of an area of effect. The light does not have a source. (See core Lamp without a Flame.) I take that to imply that no shadow is cast, hence my description of shadows fading (the torches are still stronger than the candlelight). It also implies, I believe, that if you drop the pebble on the ground, you cannot tell it apart from the others, except by moving it ten paces and see if the light moves with it.

That's how I read it. Feel free to correct me.

Welp! For 1.3b

There is no fate but that which we are given! Already have another character in mind if disaster strikes:

Scylax will Wizard's Leap to the Ledge, no Fast casting, Vigorous words and gestures Wizard's Leap ReCo 15 Mastery 1 Fast Casting/+9 +2 + _: 1D10 = [2] = 2 = 13, success, loss of Fatigue.

Scylax Finesse: Int 3 + Finesse 1 + _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 = 12, hah! success!!!

Rest to regain and gather his bearings, and hug the wall!

After a few minutes of securing his footing and recovering Fatigue, spont cast PeTe 10
Base 4 R:Touch D: Mom. T:Part, destroy Stone up to a pace across in volume. Creating a furrow in the top of the obstacle (not the ceiling of the cavern!) 6" deep x 18" wide x 10' long, extra magnitudes attained if any, go to area carved. This will at least reach to the S area right, even if it does not include it?
Anyway, magic, do as you will!: (16 PeTe + 2 Sta + 2 Vigorous words and gestures +_: 1D10 = [5] = 5 )/2 = 12, success, just enough!

Rest to recover Fatigue.

Brave roll to crawl into his newly made furrow: No appropriate trait + _: 1D10 = [8] = 8 = 8, success. Scylax is feeling it!!!

To not rush even more, will hold up a bit before Perdoing the S part.

1.3b

This is worse than I thought. I was assuming that Scylax could speak Classical Greek, of which Arni has the most basic understanding (score 1). Now I realise that he only has Romaic Greek. IIUC this means that they cannot communicate in Greek at all. Stuff the rules? Shall we just assume that someone with Romaic Greek 6 knows how to make it archaic enough for immigrant magi to understand?

From TSE p. 42: the penalty from Romaic vs Classical is -2. Scylax has a 6 Romaic (Hermetic). So Arni can probably understand Scylax as well as someone who speaks Classic Greek 4, or 5 in Hermetic matters. Scylax might have severe trouble understanding Arni's Greek -1 or 0, depending on specialty. Do I have that right, IonianD?

:smiley: Em actually no.

Scylax can communicate in Romaic Greek 6, effectively giving him a score of Classical Greek 4 for most purposes
Arni on the other hand has Classical Greek 1 only
The conversation level is always the lowest of the two, hence you both communicate at Classical Greek 1 >_<
Miklos has Romaic 2 and Slavic 5, the scout probably the same. Alexios has both Romaic and Classical. I think Miklos is better at translating.

I am not going to quibble about you people understanding each other, unless its something complicated. Just play along and gloss over this, unless its important.

PS Serves you right not accepting Anastaj teaching you proper languages :stuck_out_tongue:

:smiley: It wouldn't matter even if we had studied the "right" languages, all the adventures are happening at the same time! The time space continuum is irreversibly broken!

Good point, Ignes, we might want to remember that Miklos actually learnt Latin in the Spring, so Alexios, Miklos, and Arni now actually can make a score 2 conversation three-some. That is in fact the best three-some we can make between us ... Greek lessons OTOH has not been on the agenda yet.

The directions are not entirely clear to me. Are the monsters in front of us on the path, or do they attack from the right? Or from behind? When the knight stormed forward, I was assuming the enemy ahead of us, so that he will have some difficulty running past his comrades, but some later posts suggest I was wrong ... It was not my intention to run far away from the path to attack; I was assuming that, charging, I would meet the enemy next to the horses, maybe as much as five paces away from them if lucky. Please clarify the situation when you summarise events, Ionnian.

1.1 Things Bumping in the Night

All right, I'll explain the situation and the Terrain in detail, as people are a bit confused.
Your party is here. You are facing NW. To your right, the massif cliffs run NW to SE. They are more than 2km high.
-[tab][/tab]Between your path and the cliff there is usually 1-2 meters of shale rocks or erosion debris dropped from above, a patch of earth that is treacherous ground (-1 to all action and precision rolls, 2 extra botch dice)
-[tab][/tab]You are 550m from where you actually forded the river, between the two springs. The Voidomatis spring is the closest. Usually, the river flowing east runs low or underground, but in spring its flooded and dangerous to cross. You could go south or west to the banks (150-250 meters away) and try to ford now, but the waters are strong and high.
-[tab][/tab] Between you and the bank the terrain goes like this: a) Your goat path (normal rolls, 1 botch dice), b) uneven rocky ground with boulders (cover that can be used, normal rolls, 1 extra botch dice for physical actions), c) high grasses, on even ground (half movement, -2 to perception rolls, cover, 2 extra botch dice for physical actions), d) forested bank (-1 to all rolls, cover)
-[tab][/tab] Light conditions are strong Moonlight. You can see same distance that you can see in daylight, with no color, less details. In moonlight you suffer -1 to all rolls that need sight, unless you can see in the dark. Having torches makes you see normally up to the edge of the torchlight, but interferes with your night vision, severely liming your ability to see beyond. Your people are carrying two torches (one teamster and the guard, both with the horses).

[tab][/tab] Miklos warned that there are monsters above you (thats to your right, up the cliff). No-one in your party sees anything there. The hissing come from the path forward (NW, between you and the ford). Creatures are coming from the front towards you. Running past them to run half a km to the ford will probably not work. Most of your party cannot see them There are seven in front of you and two above you. On the ground, six are kind of loosely spread out and the seventh is behind them. The telonia initiative roll was 1!, then 10, for a total of 25. They clearly have an ambush on you and will act first. Please roll and add your initiatives and what your characters are doing, if you already have not done so....

[tab][/tab] The clacking teeth sounds come from the SE direction, from the part of the Gorge you came from. It seems there is another party coming towards you from behind. Your party is spread as follows. Two horses, two teamsters and the guard are huddled right next to the cliff walls. Some paces behind them to the east, on the edge of the torch light Maia and Georgios were having a chat. Miklos and the scout were ahead breaking trail, then the scout veered off towards the bank to check for th ford. He is not seen since then. Miklos is ahead some distance, he yelled a warning, then rushes towards the furthest Telonio. ALL the Telonia became aware of him when he shouted, but besides his target, they all ignore him and rush towards your main group...

Please ask here any questions

Thank you.

One question. Is there supposed to be a mark indicating the exact position on Google maps? There isn't, not when I open the link anyway. Centre of view is a good distance North of where I'd expect based on previous descriptions, including the covenant description.

(ST EDIT) I dont know if this will show up for you. It is more north cause you moved from that split in the path some way back

My understanding was broadly correct then. Can the knight hear and/or see the telonio ahead? I assume that he is unaware of those above him. If so, the description I gave in the IC thread is good. He storms towards the enemies he is aware of.

(ST EDIT) As of yet, nothing is visible

Nothing visible, ok, but does he hear enough to know that they are in front of the party? Whether he hears the creatures, grogs pointing, or general commotion does not matter. If he knows where to expect the action, he gets moving. If he is all in the dark, he will just stay where he is, looking confused, but he still does have one working ear :slight_smile:

1.1 Things Bumping
Round 1 completed, Round two started. This Coyote code site rolls a lot of ''1''s for some reason...

Recap

There are 9 Telonia, split into 4 groups

a) Telonio Leader is fighting Miklos in the dark. (-1 to rolls if you cant see in the dark. Cover. Extra 1 botch dice). The Scout will soon start shooting here too.
b) 2 telonia went for the warhorse. One was killed. Another one dropped onto the warhorse, lightly wounding it, then was thrown off. (Torch light radius. Telonia have 1 extra botch)
c) 4 Telonia went for the down horse. 2 deal with it, dealing it 2 light wounds. 1 got a heavy wound from sir Georgios, tries to disengage. Another was dealt a light wound by Maia, manages to bypass the guard and goes into group d). The last Telonio drops onto the guard unsuccessfully, is dealt a medium wound. One horse and a teamster tangled in net. Sir Georgios and Guard fighting.
d) Lightly wounded Telonio rushed Maia and the Teamster.

Let me see if I get this right,

1 live telonia

Is this two from ahead /plus/ one from above, for a total of three?
2 live and 1 dead.

OK. Four from ahead plus one from above minus one going for Maia (d).
Net 3 very healthy + 1 heavily wounded.

I though the knight went for (b), but I suppose (c) was in the way, so no problem.

1 telonio

This is a total of 6 very healthy, 1 almost healthy, 1 heavily wounded, and 1 dead, total of 9. OK it looks correct :slight_smile: