OOC chat

My impression was that you were, in essence heading to Europe by way of Cairo.

2 Likes

ok, that makes sense.

Apologies for dropping out of touch for a while, friends. I had some business leading up to the weekend, and then apparently got COVID. I'll try and catch up during my days off work if I can focus enough.

1 Like

:smiley: I don't see any way in which this could possibly go wrong.

It's a sh*tshow for sure! Assuming you're referring to the mess that Argentius the Helpless has found himself in. Throw in the pride and hubris flaws... I suppose I should start working up a new magus. LOL

1 Like

What would be the base for deleting all of Barshako's memories for the duration of the game, i.e. ballpark year? Is that even possible? Level 15 PeMe is "Remove a major or long memory from a person’s mind," which seems a bit less, whereas 25 is "Leave a person a mindless husk," which seems rather a lot more.

Alternatively, what would be the correct level for deleting all memory of the covenant's location? That seems like it might be 15, correct?

Removing all of a person's memories (back to birth) would leave them essentially a mindless husk. 15 would remove the location of the covenant.

What about all the memories from the span of a year?

That would be base 15 with one extra magnitude for scope, so effectively 20.

Well, that's a disappointing ending.

Thanks @Seon for doing what you could. Thanks @temprobe for the advice.

Given that I no longer have an active character in the game, I'll fade into the shadows until I hear otherwise.

Best of luck folks.

Disappointing not just to you. I liked Argentius.

Don't worry, likely we'll have a few more dead magi with the next adventure. Company in the desert graves!

@Bartomeus Make a new character! They expedition to Europe will hear of Argentius' demise, and that means we have a free lab, and who knows who they'll meet on the way.

If you want we can discuss making a deal with the Red, or becoming a ghost...

Are you suggesting a deal with The Red that would allow Argentius to continue as a magus?

That would be fun!

Not sure about a ghost…

Not so much as a magus...some form of transformed human was what I was thinking, though you obviously wouldn't exactly be a desiccated man...
a desert revenant of sorts...

I’m game. As a companion?

Should I get working on a mage for future potential addition? I would still like to keep a mage in the game. It is ArM after all.

It does sound like a potentially fun character. Glad you're staying with us, Bartomeus. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not sure how we will classify it- we'll start building the transformation then decide.

1 Like

Any recommendations of what books I should read as I fly? To learn about the options.

Realms of Power:magic, between sand and seas.

1 Like