OOC Chatter: Anything goes!

I wanted it to have a chance to affect roleplay. Tribunal is in five seasons and I don't have any other chapters planned between the end of the current chapters and then. And after tribunal, you guys will basically be wound up and let go to set your own pacing.

It's going to be hard on her, especially as time [strike]goes by[/strike] drags on...but she'll do it. Of course, that will put her at 36 when it's done, and she's assuming that Hiems is older and will likely have had his Longevity Ritual...but then again he is fae, so that might mean he'll be older when he needs it. Gaah!

Well, as Hiems is not the most mentally stable person right now, thing'll be fun.

I believe that there may be information of this in some book, but am quite unsure, and not @home, so, not only could I be entirely wrong, I can't even check :frowning:

True story-- Bishop William de Cornhill suffered a stroke in 1221 and lost the ability to speak.

Historically, it probably wasn't Cygna's fault... :laughing:

I think there is a thread for that...

Moved.

Yeah, I was trying to avoid putting OOC comments in the IC thread when possible.

So edit the post and make it IC. :stuck_out_tongue:

I love it when a player bites the bloody story hook. You wouldnt think it so uncommon, but still :slight_smile:

For the record (and for preregrine): I don't want Hiems to be happy, ever.
Of course, this would break the "beautiful depressive" shojo character concept, but, more importantly, the whole point was that his bouts of reclusive depression explained the times when I was less available.

This doesn't mean that he can't find some mesure of peace, though, just that his childhood and Madame's cruel rejection (thanks to confessor fidel) means he's too traumatized to ever feel secure and truly loved. He'll always be gnawed at by doubts and fears.

That being said, I would love cygna and him to end up together :smiley:

Welcome to my world.

Unfortunately, it can't happen for at least five more years :laughing:

And, who knows, when Hiems finds out the truth about Cygna, he may be able to relate to her a little more. But, yeah, I think it would be pretty cool too.

Btw, Cygna isn't necessarily bound for hell because of her involvement with Adorjan. Just because Walter is a very holy man doesn't mean he isn't also a judgemental prick (which will bite him in the ass eventually).

Well, although I did think he went a little far at times, I took it as him as seeing the truth, but also wanting cygna to really test her soul and question her motivations, to be honest, face her darkest side, and realise that she really, really, rejects the infernal. All the while knowing that she would.

Life is what happens while you're making other plans...

I just had a nerdgasm.

What's the proper order of introduction? Do you first tell the high ranking personage who's going to be bothering him, or do you announce the high-ranking personage first?

I think, in this case, he would have addressed the earl first, something like, "My lord, may I present Maga Cygna Bjornaeris," then turned to Cygna and introduced Lord Ranulph de Blondeville, Earl of Chester and Lincoln, and his wife, Vicomtesse Clemence de Fougeres, because the earl is "more important" than Cygna.

That's why i went for the cheap way out, having him first say something to the Earl which was conveniently in a language none of the PCs understand, just in case :slight_smile: But I want to get the proper way down in the event that I am not so lucky next time as to have your characters need an NPC translator :stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn't the lord usually know who's bothering him via some servant? The servant having determined that the person needing to bother the lord has some very good information or something important that the lord would be interested in? And doesn't it always happen so, whether in court or in a more private setting?

I dunno, that's why I'm asking the rest of you. What the hell do I know about etiquette among English nobility? I'm just a colonial commoner.