OOC Chatter

Grant Puissance in (Ability) , page 38 RoP:M
Greater Power Major , Supernatural page 44 RoP:M

Grant Puissance in Soak
01 Fatigue Level , Init = (Qik-05) Corpus
Penetration 0

100,000 men can be given +01 soak for a month.
or 10,000 at +02
or 1000 +03
or 100 +04
or 10 men can be given +05 soak for a month.

MuCo 50 (Base 02 , +03 Sight , +03 Month , +06 Group)
Greater Power (50 levels)

Would this be more useful as a power for a covenant member investigating a possibly dangerous area to have?
(no , i'm not trying to be a munchkin , though the numbers are kinda large)

I will only accept unusual virtues if the character concept fits. Most characters won't have special powers like that.
So stop throwing virtues at me and build a character!

Just so i'm clear , no one character can have any "special powers" that may possibly be "better" than another character.
(not being sarcastic here , just asking if characters have to be "balanced" , so no player jealousy erupts)
The power is a major , supernatural one from RoP:Magic , freely available to any hermetic mage.

It can easily be changed to a MuHe power that will make clothing hard as Diamond , but still leave it flexible.
Reduce the group size by 01 and make the duration year , for a start. Base will probably be higher as well.

Character is mostly done , just need to check spells and get some sleep (currently nearly 3:30am here)
before i type it up.

Post it and there will be either a "yes", a "yes but" or a "no".

Had a couple of fun thoughts last night about Viscaria:

1. Carouse:Gambling, faerie style. I think Viscaria's preferred coin for games of chance might be stories. This strikes me as very fae. You might all begin by ante'ing up a Story Of Little Consequence (for example, a story about noticing two chipmunks at play while walking home last night), and then bid up for stories of increasing interest. Losers have to pay using Lore or Carouse skills. Good way to learn lore, and get to know people or have them get to know her. In other words, a fine tactic for overcoming the effects of The Gift in an evening of cameraderie.

2. Bargain(for souls). Once she sets up shop as a Verditus, she might charge people in covenfolk immigrants. "I'll do it for the six vis it will take me to make, plus a Master Stonemason and two orphans." Sometimes, her fae heritage might even get her a bit whimsical. "My price is a heartbroken warrior who still has his pride." Since this is Bargain, her clients get to make counteroffers, if they're quick-witted enough to adapt to the currency.

What do you think?

~duck~

~smash~

"THAT is why we can't have nice things, Cygna!"

Oh, gods. Keep her away from my pretty glass baubles! ~laughs delightedly~

A question about ReCo teleport spells: Do clothes and all require requisite in order to go along with you? I'd prefer it, even if it makes my life harder (It seems more logical and coherent to me), but, well, you tell me :smiley:

I love this!!!

Technically , yes , you require requisites.

There was a suggestion , for those who found this tedious , that anything covered by your parma would be teleported.
(that did not include extending your parma to cover others , just the basic close to self one)
Your Talisman not needing requisites was another house rule , iirc.

I agree with you, and am in favor of this, parma or not (although this is the best HR I've seen for this), but, well, JeanMichelle might have over ideas.

They do require requisites.

Yes! :smiley: (Ok, you may call me masochistic here :laughing: )

I enjoyed Max Headroom. Hadn't thought of that in years.

Apologies for the lateness of the reply - rubbish web acces where I am at present. Normal service will resume after the weekend.

Ivan

Would someone explain to me, please, the intricacies of fixing an avatar to my profile?

Ivan

When Berenguer cast his Perdo spells to destroy armor and weapons carried by any would be threats, given the nature of Harmless Magic and a duration of Diameter, my assumption is that the temporarily destoyed items would reappear where they were destroyed, not where there one-time bearers are now located.

Is that the view of others, particularly JeanMichelle?

Might we be able to collect the armor and weapons of our foes after a skirmish?

Only the metal bits will be destroyed, so there will be other considerations to take into account, like the weakening of shields, the general mess of non-metallic items held together after the destruction of buckles, and othe metaillic bindings. It could be an entertaining sight to watch a group charging at us suddenly entangled (partially?) by their own malfunctioning gear. Just a thought.

Ivan

My view is that in the example you have I would imagine tue armour becomes brittle and pointless so if the wearer removed it in disgust then after the duration it would still be on the floor. If the spell entirely disintergrated the armour then it would appear back on the person.

There is no rule I know of for that. Since a rusty weapon might break easily - let's just say it reappears wherever the hilt (largest piece of it if there are several) is at the end of the duration.

example:
spell is cast on weapons in room A.
If Gundolf the Greedy decides to keep his rusty sword hilt - he'll have a functional sword once the 2 minutes are over even if he moves to room B. If he throws it away in room Z, it will be in room Z at the end of the duration.

Top left corner of the forum page, below the Atlas Games logo and the bold "Board Index" is "User Control Panel" Click on that. Then click on the tab that says Profile. On the left side menu is an button marked "Edit Avatar."

Apparently, you can only upload images that are on the web somewhere, as near as I can tell. So copy&Paste the url for the image you want to use in the field to the right of "Link off-site" then hit "submit"

And hopefully you should have a spiffy kick-butt new image on all your posts.

Ray

Thanks Ray.

I've selected the spiffy new image, edited it down from 500 x 500 to 80 x 80. I then stuck it into our old wiki's pictures. The response is "invalid URL," or something like it. I also tried selecting the original image from the web, but the board wouldn't modify it.

Ivan

Hunh. I just tried changing the profile image to birdsofoklahoma.net/images/MuteSwan01.jpg (which is 545x378) and submitted it, and the system resized it. I think I still have the Avatar Dimensions boxes set to 80 and 80, you may need to put some numbers in there to get it sized properly; if not, you'll get a message saying "The submitted avatar is 545 pixels wide and 378 pixels high. Avatars must be at least 20 pixels wide and 20 pixels high, but no larger than 80 pixels wide and 80 pixels high." in my case.

Hopefully this will get it to work. Or maybe, if it was an invalid url message, maybe the picture's no longer where it used to be.

If you have a picture on your harddrive you want to use, you might try uploading it to Flickr or Photobucket or DeviantArt, then using the url from there.

Ray

Ta very much. I'll give it another go.