OOC Chatter

Success! (via photobucket) Thanks Ray!

You're quite welcome.

Aaargh!!! Have to keep up!!! :laughing:
Exploding brains at work.

poor facility assistant managers!

People should forge ahead , and if possible meet my character on the way.
If i've missed a deadline to be involved , don't wait on my account.

No net issues as such , though i do have to share the home pc.

My dad is in a nursing home with advanced dementia and is "on a downward spiral".
(Though he isnt due an imminent demise that im aware of).

Sorry to be all angsty and stuff. :frowning:

I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope you and your family find the strength to deal with everything that's going on with him, and that our company will be a pleasant diversion.

Oh.
I went there, too, and am sorry to hear that. It can be hard at times.

I wish you and your family good luck, and courage, too.

Best of wishes

You are the pater familias! Demand more time! (good luck with that strategy)

Sorry to hear about your father. I hope it's all not too bad for you and your family. I still miss my old man, and it's been quite a while now.

Ivan

Gentlefolk,

I'll be largely out of touch for the next 3 days. I'll be back on line by Monday morning GMT.

Ivan

Being a complete novice at this , the creative writing people use is more intensive than i was expecting.

I might need someone to explain invisible castle to me.
Tried following the instructions and all i get is an error code.

Invisible Castle
invisiblecastle.com/roller/

This is an online dice roller. Enter your character's name, the number of dices you throw (like, "1" for 1d10), and the type ("1d10").

If you got an error code, there's something wrong. Maybe them, maybe you, maybe your navigator. Try again in some time maybe?

Yep , tried it again and it works fine.
It must have been IE , after all human error would never be a factor.
"Isn't that right , HAL?"

Thank you for sorting that!

Well, for my part, I'm a writer trying to get something published...which in this economy and the changing business models that publishers are going with, is apparently going to be more difficult for first-timers than it used to be. But, yeah, I hadn't planned on being quite so verbose with my first two story posts. But, on the plus side, it was the first time this year I've written 1k plus in a single day, so..um, yay me?

Its all good stuff to read , so no objection on my part.
As long as you dont write paranormal romance , i wont propose you for the Bulwer–Lytton Fiction Contest
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulwer%E2% ... on_Contest

A writer. Wow.
With my other game (Rhine) I once hoped to set new standards - I tried to create a game that stressed the creative writing aspect of pbp roloplaying (now it's a fun game - but the post quality is no better than average).

For this game I had settled for average pbp quality - but no one is happier than me to read well-written posts.

I myself am good enough at English to appreciate a well-written text, but English is only my third language (after German and French) - so I am glad when/if I can express myself without making too many mistakes. It's the fate of the literary critic: He can marvel at Joyce from the sidelines.

just want to point out that we're at 385 so far (!!) and I'm really hoping this game will stick around. You all are looking like a fun group.

There is more grope in this group than i was expecting.
Quelle Horreur!
:mrgreen:

Don't worry, I'm sure that, in the true spirit of El Hazard, all the slapstick is just to keep you entertained as we move from one Ultra Cool Plot Point to the next.

Interesting, yet annoying fact.

You can log in at Invisible Castle using Internet Explorer.

You can't, using Mozilla Firefox.

Guess which one I use?