OOC conversation

Ah, I hadn't picked that up. Ok, I'll think again. Immediate thought for a companion who would make sense to be on the boat is either a Merchant intending to sell wares (who may prove to be not especially useful), or a mundane craftsman (who may be more useful, depending on craft). As for the other grog, perhaps the ship's lookout?

The covenant will not remain permanently isolated, however you proceed, so a merchant would certainly be a good companion.

ALL the mages going to explore the island? You realize that means nobody playing grogs or companions for the adventure, and no mages for any adventures (like exploring the next island to the north) that can be run as occurring at the same time?
Does nobody else think this is a BAD IDEA

Abigail is a farmer. A magic super farmer, but a farmer. She doesn't really provide magical field support. :slight_smile: Unless you need a chair.

Don't know if exploring many islands at the same time is the best option too. I mean it's kind of "A killer is in the house. We'll make 5 groups of 1 to be sure he can kill us one by one" :smiley:
Anyway i'll play the grogs ^^

it's OK, my magus can skip as well - there are /other/ untouched islands. And he has no character sheet.

Vassos can go, or not; he makes as much sense on and off ship. Still not sure what my companion is.

Indeed, parallel adventures are a good use of forum capabilities and a good fit for ars, but this doesn't seem like the time. Unnatural super storm screams [strike]serial killer[/strike], rogue diamon, demon, or uber-fae. Or possibly a code breaking magus, but he probably would have just sunk the ship and called it good.

It's a bit meta game, but to resolve hooks in a covenant such as "constantly mobile" or "no aura" require multiple stories, so having multiple stories in parallel means getting issues resolved more quickly- though admittedly with the potential to discover new issues...

I'm a bit unsure: Do we start playing in the ic threads or do we wait for everyone to finish creating?

Start posting in the threads by describing your initial actions as you come ashore, we will get more into the meat of the adventure once everyone is done with the characters In that adventure.

Regarding dice rolls. How do you want us to proceed? You're doing them or do you want us to use a website who can store them?

Also to be sure, we're using Text Formatting you described in the recruitment? Color will define language, bold for regular speech (with quotes) italics for non-verbal communication

Yes, we'll use this purple for Latin, this blue for Greek. I believe those are the only languages anyone has skill in at this point.

Karpos, my cook-grog, has some ability in Italian and Turkish. Should they come up.

Turkish and Itallian

I can't remember the language colors, which I find very frustrating. Can't we just have a lingua franca that everyone understands?

Technically Greek should be understood by everyone, though at least one mage has a better score in Latin...

Lingua franca.

I see what you did there. 8)

Oh wise and beneficent GM, what is the Penetration of the extra damage? (The Magi should not take damage if the total casting effect is less than 26.)

4 penetration.

So, to be clear, are Foreboding Island people now back with Island Explorers people? Or is their adventure entirely separate and will be resolved before we conference?