OOC discussion thread

Iohannes is taking time to really get a close look at the shadowed place at the other side of the bridge (SS roll descibed in post; pending a GM response). That was my first round, and I'm one round behind you.

Hey, I was waiting! :wink:

Could you clarify that OOC? It reads as if I. doesn't know what his spell is going to be (but that can't be!). "Unless what is Mentem"? (And how does that matter for a second try?)

Just a bit confused. :confused:

(And TF- What time of day is in the 2nd Chapter thread, where the characters were debating the mode of pursuing Roto?)

Iohannes doesn't know what his next spell might be. Vispilius has already seen Iohannes cast a few spells, when he diagnosed and cured Roto. He missed out on Iohannes' InVi, to find the Infernal aura. The spells Iohannes uses seem rather well-tailored to the situation, and always tire him out, sometimes by more than a little bit. I'll leave you to decide if Vispilius has guessed that Iohannes has LLSM.

I've been assuming it's lunch time... but I'm not TF.

Ah... I see, said the blind man...

I swear, that virtue is SUCH a deathtrap!

(I don't believe that magi have the rulebook to look at, like a checklist. Even "common" virtues should, IC, manifest in different ways, and be seen as "different".)

Well, rotsa ruck, GI! :wink:

(I thought it was a little later. The messenger had to travel to us (possibly most of the day?), and then find us, and we had to gather the magi, and they make their petition, and then our discussion. But they might have stayed somewhere close by, and arrived early. Dunno, that's why I asked.)

Hi,

Yes, it is. I usually wouldn't take it.... but Iohannes also has Charmed Life, which lets him spend a Confidence to reroll, and also has two Withstand Casting to (in this case has been ruled to) suck up a few Fatigue Levels.

Taken together, it's quite powerful, as it should be, for a combo that costs 8 virtue points. When push comes to shove, Iohannes can always find the right spell, sometimes even a big one. But this power limits itself. He gets either a few small spells or one big spell per scene, and then he's down for the count.

I like the flexibility, power and the way it forces Iohannes to be careful with his magic, how it defines him. Most magi have a limited suite of spells and have to be creative in how they fit the round peg into whatever square hole presents itself, but can cast them again and again and again; Iohannes can always pull the right rabbit from his hat, but has to choose just the right moment, because he cannot do it at will.

nod I'll leave it for you to decide whether Vispilius has figured it out.

Anyway,

Ken

My computer has eaten about six solid hours of grind on editing a book, and I really need to get it done again before my family in law arrive this weekend and crash in the study (where this computer is) for the next few days. So, the game is going a bit slow, but will pick up again on Monday, latest.

One of the pl,ayers who originally tried ot sign up has gotten his time back under control and sent me a character for approval. Vortigern, could you post it in the appropriate thread, please? Have a look, people, and see if you are happy with him joining in.

(He hasn't been approved to post in this sub-forum yet. He posted it in the main AM forum.)

Good luck with compfuser. I've been there. :cry:

Good luck with that. No problem with things slowing down.

I will be away from home between the 21st and the 28th december and will have limited access to the interenet for that time

I'm back, and will be back until Saturday my time, when I'm off until the 28th.

I realise that the game will go very slow over Christmas / New Year, because you have more important things to do. I also know that this is the time of year when PBeMs lose a lot of steam. If you can spare the game a bit of time, please do, but if things fall in a heap I will poke you all back awake in January. 8)

It would be nice if we could resolve the first thread, or push it to a natural break (unless we already have?).

What happened to the crows that were chasing us? Narratively turned into fertilizer?

Hi,

I'm finally playing in a game long enough to justify buying AM supplements. Someone in Mythic Europe managed to ReMe me....

So I bought 11. For less than $20/book, including shipping. Yeah! :slight_smile:

Lots of stuff here.

Anyway,

Ken

Who would of thought a Necroamcner would be useful on a sea journey . Sorrry about that

Is there a smiley for "Bwahahahahahahaha!"?

Ken, I haven't forgottern you are trying to mind read the noble kids. I'm pausing that bit of information for dramatic purposes (which is to say, there's some chance you might change what I'll say in the first thread, so I'm holing off for a few more posts.)

I am away from tommorrow although I'll probably check this from work on Friday otherwise I may not post until the 28th.
So Happy Christmas in case I am not on line before then

I think BwaHaHaHaHa may be :smiling_imp:

I'm off tomorrow and back Thursday. Have a good one, all.

"amber-eyed"? As in, "not quite as completely human as they might be"? (Asked in the IC thread as well.)

Phhh. What are the odds of that? :unamused:

OOC - this difference should be obvious to a skilled mariner (which V is ~not~), as the sails would be distinctly backwinded if a "TeHe" type effect were pushing the ship, but they'd be oddly full even if against the apparent direction of the wind with a ReAu.

The diff is whether destroying the sails/rigging would stop the boat, or whether it would continue even if demasted. The latter would also imply the the steering wheel is not needed to control the direction of the ship, adding to our challenge to slow it down.

grin I was already thinking along those lines. But....

And

And

So, they can move without wind, and it's unclear whether they need it at all. If Iohannes uses magic, he might be able to outrun them.

Ok, so it doesn't appear as if the "wind" is simply somehow different over there - it just doesn't need the sails. Fair enough (not the answer I was hoping for, but fair enough.)

(Of course, we won't speculate on whether the roll of only 4 resulted in bad info...)
:wink:

lol Nothing I can do about that! Next spell to research: Revealing the Dice Rolls of the Storyguide. Alas, it breaks Hermetic Limits. :slight_smile:

Also, Iohannes has spent more time looking, as have other crew with spells that let them see up close, and the ship is now obviously simply ignoring the wind.