OOC discussion

You will need to make his parens, which I will play unless someone else wants to play them. Without a player for Giovanni I'm not sure he will be staying around, which might put him back in the running for an apprentice as well...

What are the guidelines for creating a parens maga? How long beyond Gauntlet can I develop her and do I use the normal advancement rules in the core book?

1. yes, you use the standard advancement from the core book.
  2. I think I put the limit at something like 100 years after apprenticeship but I don't think anyone actually used the full amount.
  3. you should apply to join the wiki so you can post your character while we develop it.

With intent on getting ready for Aurthor and Mercurio, I'm going to need to get myself familiar with how the game's posting has been done. It looks like little Mercurio has been scheduled all the way to the current date, but he hasn't been updated on the wiki to reflect it. Regards to Aurthor, I have no idea how to pick up where he left off - what goals and aims he was trying to accomplish. I recovered my wikidot account (username raccoonmask). As someone relatively new to this song'n'dance, any suggestions on getting settled into this campaign's posting?
Still scuttling my way through the last 19 years of history for the covenant's adventures, et cetera.

My two cents:
Can't say what Aurthor's direction really was. He didn't go on that many adventures. He wrote some really good books. He's a very good teacher. But he never seemed to do research into other Traditions, something that might be up his line's alley, and we've had plenty of adventures in which the Augustinian Brotherhood has interfered or aided (in silveroak's saga they have shown up much earlier than in "Rival Magic"). He's created no items we've seen. He's acted as peacemaker in one adventure I recall.

Really, it seems to me he's open to whatever direction you'd like to take him, as long as it includes him teaching/writing, which are his fortes. Think he has a driving goal to that effect.

I found my account at wikidot. The username is bearlord there as well.

I have had a look at Taurus and it seems he did some adventuring in between teaching and studying. I will read up on what those adventures were. Also it seems he has a few years that needs updating after 1116, is that correct?

As for the Jerbiton parens I'm thinking a female dancer/singer/bard from Greece that is well-travelled but spent the last couple of years in Normandy where she found her young apprentice, which happens to be the first born son of a rather high-level noble family. As he had the gentle gift she had to kidnap him and bring him far away from Normandy.

Mercurio has been filled in, but he was filled in wrong on the planner- he was never given seasons of work, which he should have 2/yr.

The Jerbiton idea sounds good. It sounds like nobody will be taking Giovanni- is that correct? If so I'll have him bonisnatched by a Roman tribunal bonisagus who has an interest in Bjorner mysteries...

As I'm taking Taurus I can't take Giovanni even if I guess that the elder magi doesn't like being snatched off his apprentice.

I have done most of the number-crunching for the Jerbiton parens up to Gauntlet and then about 20 years further. I may add a couple more years. Then I need to look at spells as well.
Her name will be Eumelia of Thessaloniki ex Jerbiton.

Silveroak do you give edit permissions on the wiki site or do I have to apply for it somewhere first? It was a while since I used wikidot and I can't find any apply button or similar.

it works either way, I have sent an invite to both of you.

How exactly does 'work seasons' happen with a 7-year old? Just helping people around the covenant awkwardly? >.> As far as Aurthor, I suppose he needs a way to build his Magical Legacy (tm). Obviously he should find some way to take his amazing books and make them better.... Or experiment with magical creation, but he's bad at creating new things. If he doesn't get anywhere, he's definitely going to push his former Apprentice to start making a name for herself.

basically chores are work for a child. Especially in the middle ages everyone was expected to help out (except of course for magi...)

Hi everyone, I'm interested to join the game do you still need new players?

I have a problem with the name of the wiki page where I put up Eumelia. Not sure how it got the name it has and I can't find any help how to rename it.
If you look for Eumelia in the grand list of pages it is there but the actual name is something different.

Like I said, it's been a while since I used these kind of sites.

Hi Bearlord!

I visited her page, had to go to the grand list. How do you mean, change her name? Do you mean the url, praesidiumorae.wikidot.com/talk: ... -all-pages ?
I just created a new page with the Eumelia name, copy/pasted the Maga, listed her among the Magi, creating a link with the People of Praesidium Orae page, is this what you wished for?

There might still be a link to the old page, but I can't erase that, that would be silveroak's purview, I'd imagine.

Hi Ignes!
Yes that's what I meant. The name in the url. I tried to add it on on the People of... page like the other characters but then the link didn't work.

So how did you create the page with the correct name? I used the Create page link that is on the discuss ribbon, but I guess now that is the wrong way to do it.

Thanks for the help!

I first tried to create the link with the People of Praesidium Orae page using the Eumelia name, -of course that did not work, as there was no such url name in the wikidot!-, and it asked me if I wanted to create a new page with that name, so "yes" to that, then went to Eumelia's "lost" page in a different tab, hit "edit", copied the lot, pasted it onto the empty page with the correct name, saved, and voila. Tried to erase the old page from the grand list, but lacked the permissions required to do so.

Usually you can just create the new page with that command on the left side margin, writing what will become the name of the page, don't know what happened in this instance, not that familiar with wikidot either.

Glad to be of some help, welcome aboard!

Ah the 'new page' button under a field where you can write the name of the new page. I didn't notice that before and couldn't find it in the help section either.

Thanks again for the help and the welcome.

Yes, Leo, we are interested in new players. Pazzino and Giovanni could both use players.

Ok, I could take Pazzino and Giovanni.

I'd like to make and play also an experienced Verditius magus, interested in the discovery of the Mechanica of Heron (I saw the mechanica stuff among the covenant resources in the wiki).

A note, English is not my native language (I'm Italian actually), so some sentence could result weird or even harsh.

Since it looks like the characters I'm claiming have already been properly assigned tasks for the 1119 year, I'll begin more active 'play' in 1120. Fiddling around with a couple of ... 'fun' ideas for an apprentice to be found at a future date.
Uh, for an awkward question, I couldn't find any reference of who Mercurio's mother was.... any volunteers?