OOC discussion

Welcome Leo. English is not my first language either so you are not alone there. :slight_smile:

Hi leo, welcome! Spanish speaker over here, so quite the gathering of nations.

Sounds great, I'm sure that some of the older magi wished to crack those integrations, but Verditius magi seem to be tailor made for that, and currently no one is studying them so, have at it!

I'm still a very new player, so pretty much EVERYTHING feels a bit beyond my scope of knowledge. I look forwards to burning things down accidentally when I do try to have Aurthor do his Pralixological mistakes. I actually think I need to figure out all the confuzzling rules for library illumination and binding and scribing... Especially since Aurthor set Mercurio to learn scribing.

Regarding Mercurio's chores: Do I need to pre-define when his chores are before the season starts, or can I be a sneaky little rat and assign his 'chores' seasons to be on seasons when he sneaks off to have an adventure that's rolled? :stuck_out_tongue:

You have to assign chores first, then once everybody's declared their activities for the year, silveroak rolls for adventures.

I think most non-grog characters with chores/work seasons hope that an adventure pops up so they can sneak some extra xp, and perhaps a Reward or two. Usually it has to be short so that your chores aren't neglected, but I don't recall any hard and fast rule/prohibition on the matter (Redcaps do not get to participate on adventures while delivering messages, although silveroak does roll for adventures on these delivery runs). Still, children have hefty penalties to rolls, so it's best to sneak out with a more competent group. Anna Romano is always dragging her daughter to adventures; Gloriana Sentis has never taken hers on adventures.

Sandor, son of the companion Lady Agniezka, has been on several adventures initiated by his Flaws, and a couple of others that were appropriate (his sister's wedding, for example), but always under the watchful gaze of his mother.

I guess it's up to you, and whether you feel it makes sense that the kid would be accepted in an adventuring quest. Unfortunately Aurthor is not up for many adventures, from what we have seen.

You assign a season of chores beforehand, and decide what he learned fro them (the 2xp) after the year ends. The exception is if you have a specific season long task (such as copying/scribing a specific tractatus or book) that needs to be tracked with other people's activities. (a book cannot be copied and read in the same season)

Thanks for the welcomes!

I read the character generation thread, I'm going to post there some questions.

Next fun question: Does 'good teacher' affect Training? I was also thinking that it may be possible to use the training rules to work as a teacher's aide and get some modest xp without taking up the Teacher's seasons. Hmm.

I doubt it, but Apt Student does affect Training xp in this Saga.

I applied to join the wiki, the account is leo praesidium.

I do not see the application, nor do I find that name in searching members of the wiki board itself...

silveroak You should have received a private message on your wiki account from leo praesidium, sorry but I never used wikidot before...

the space made it harder to find your name, but I found it.

Hi all,

Might be out of touch for a while, Wednesday afternoon to whenever power gets restored, Hurricane Irma aims to misbehave in my general vicinity. Never did get to advance that Rego Auram total, and now it's too late! :unamused: See you when I see you! Hope this storm doesn't affect anyone else.

Filled out the plans for characters I control for 1121. Left Winter for Lady A open if somebody needs Lab assistance, if not she will read Trianoma's Legacy for that season.

I filled it in as either or, better than leaving it blank

Bearlord has not participated in this game for over 2 weeks. I am considering declaring him dropped...

A point on which there is, one way or another, some confusion- is an apprentice for Oliverius being made?

RL crashed in on me for a while and I'm not sure I will be able to keep it at bay to be able to focus on this game as much as I want and need so unfortunately I have to withdraw. Sorry about this and I wish you all the best.

Not yet, do I do it?

here is where things are complicated- you should be running one apprentice and one teacher. Traditionally you would make your apprentice and their teacher, then that teacher was handed to someone else to run.
Right now you are running Giovanni, who is apprenticed to Taurus, who was run by bearlord, who just dropped out. You have also created a teacher with no apprentice, which should never have been done.
There is also Eumelia and Callisthenes, with Callisthenes being bearlord's apprentice character, where you run the teacher.
My thought at this point would be to drop Taurus, Giovani, Eumelia and Callisthenes and have you make an apprentice to learn under Oliverius. Then we just need to get Neelos in the game as well

that leaves the potential problem of Aurthor being the potential parens (one of the competitors) for Neelos, and the fact that you do not have a teacher character. Racoonmask is willing to take Oliverius and you take over Aurthor that will fix this nicely.
Or if you have a different idea of how to rearrange the characters feel free to propose it.