OOC discussion

Hmm... so at the end I handle Aurthor (teacher of Neelos) and the apprentice of Oliverius, Racconmask would control Neelos and Oliverius instead.

At the same time Taurus, Giovani, Eumelia and Callisthenes would be dropped.

I'm fine with it, I'll publish the apprentice of Oliverius in the wiki in a few hours ok?

works for me- raccoon are you on board with this?

I'm not too picky, to be honest. Really, the only thing I don't want is for Neleos to be Oliverius's apprentice, because being a Verditius would kind of annul his flaws to the most part. If this little awkward-reshuffle-switcharoo makes everything go smoothly, then I'm all for it.

Hello raccoonmask,

maybe I'm missing something but in this arrangement Neleos would be Aurthor's apprentice.

But would you prefer Neleos to be Evandros' apprentice? If I'm not wrong I recall Quite Possibly a Cat expressed his disponibility for taking one more apprentice after Gloriana and the concept behind Neleos (the Faerie part) fit Evandros nicely.

In this case I could design and play Aurthor's apprentice, I'd like it (I'd have an impressive teacher! :smiley: ) and I really don't mind if my future magus will be not a Verditius.

I'd miss a teacher, if silveroak is ok with it I could play an elder magus without an apprentice (Oliverius?).

The whole point of the older teachers is to raise the next generation, with building up the covenant as a secondary point. You take over Andros, make the apprentice for Oliverius, but if Neelos ends up with Evandros instead then that won't mess anything up.

Hi silveroak,

Aurthor, not Andros, right?

Sorry if my statement was unclear: I'm happy being almost anyone's apprentice. Whether it is Aurthor, Evandros, Andros... Gloriana, whatever. I just would prefer to NOT have it be a Verditius, because Neleos has flaws that hinder his spellcasting, in particular his permanent-Creo-Ritual spellcasting. Being a Verditius would annul most of that flaw, so I'd rather avoid it. Anyone else is fine.

Andros is ready to take on an apprentice, though he planned to do it 10 years in the future. With Weak Penetration and Weak Spontaneous Magic it would just be logical to have an apprentice with Unnatural and Harmless Magic! Bit of a challenge! House Flambeau steps forward to contend!

Gloriana is far from ready or willing to take on an Apprentice.

Did Andros's planned apprentice disappear? I seem to remember that. Obviously Glorianna isn't a prime choice, but the comedy of it still stands.

Hi raccoonmask!

Long story short, the player who created Andros also created Danton, the future apprentice, what would be his actual character when 1220 rolled around. However, in all the shuffling since I came on board, that player dropped out, and so Danton is now just a placeholder name. However, Andros has kept on planning for that, and he will eventually take on an Apprentice or two, even if they just become stock characters or leave the Covenant after their Apprenticeship.

Hi silveroak, ok my characters will be: Aurthur (Andros is a typo right?), Oliverius' apprentice and Pazzino.

Regarding Oliverius' apprentice I posted the first draft in the wiki for review, his name is Arduino.

Arduino is good, I do wonder why he did not apprentice at Verdi however... or perhaps why Oliverius left... it would seem a downward move for a verdituous...

I envisioned the story in these terms: the main reason for the transfer of Oliverius is the finding of objects related to the Mechanica of Heron at the Praesidium Orae Covenant, a great opportunity for him to improve the flawed automata mystery of his House.

Regarding Arduino, he has been claimed by Oliverius and suddenly "deported" after few days following his new master.

That makes sense, you can go ahead and fill in their plans for 1122 onwards. Obviously Oliverius needs to do his aging rolls...

for some reason I always get excited when Paco gets chosen for an adventure- I mean he is large, stamina 5 (thanks to spell work), heals quickly, and is jinxed. And there's the name. I just can't help but visualize a physical comedy for him every adventure.

Oh, I realized today the big disadvantage with having me try to take over Oliverius:

I have no idea how to 'improve automata', other than to dissect Aegis and staple her together again.

Poor Aegis, you cad! :smiley: I think leo's backstory for Oliverius stemmed from the fact that the Magi of the Praesidium had uncovered more than a few Mechanica of Heron devices and books (in the Collections on the Wiki), and he was going for Integration of that form of magic.

(though we haven't made it public, nobody has actually read or translated the texts, or spent a season investigating the devices, don't know how he found out...there's a traitor in our midst!) :wink:

Hi racconmask

Ignes.Festivus is right, I thought to study these Mechanica of Heron items as described in the Ancient Magic book.

You know, there's this Spies hook somewhere in the Covenants book...

So way back here it looks like we snagged a hedge tradition. I think the final decision was it would be a major hedge tradition boon and a major regio hook. (With the Hedgies as Gruagratch). Should I go add that to the wiki?

We also picked up Hermetic Politics

We actually have the Informants Boon, but it hasn't really provided tangible results...waitaminute...they are informing...on us? :stuck_out_tongue: What a twist!