OOC discussion

I see, most of the things I've selected are largely unimportant and can be easily adjusted.

Will you let us know when the current year (1100) is complete?

Time wise it should have been completed two days ago, but our first run through on the fast adventure method is running slow- if the other two adventures have not been completed tonight I will intervene and handle them.

As he building of Grog characters is somewhat less of a passion in the players than I had hoped (which for me might as well be a tattoo for its consistancy) I will make 2 child grogs a year to join the covenant (both at age 5- with a population of 132 people in the covenant, and only 7 of them magi or companions (not counting Aegis who neither consumes resources nor engages in reproduction) I think this number should also allow for anyone to add a grog (age 5) at any point they desire to do so. These children are assumed to initially be servants and laborers (as in helping out 2 seasons a year with no appreciable skills) until they begin to develop in a more specialized role.

since coyote seems to be non-functional, I'm going to allow rolling on an honor code.

Are our vis stocks growing as the years go by? Do we need to do anything special about harvesting our vis sources?

Are we distributing any of the stocks to the magi for personal use? (I'm thinking about Taurus' longevity ritual in particular ...)

You would need to discuss that in the council thread.

I'm considering changing an aspect of the quick advancement rules- specifically how experience would be awarded. The change would take place from 1103 onward. I feel the current system is too dependant on the triple success to advance, and would remove the +5 xp from the three successs result and replace it with a second reward. Instead the experience for any adventure would be the challenge rating/2+the number of cycles. So at the shallow end would be difficulty 6 and 1 cycle for 4xp, and at the high end would be difficulty 24 and 3 cycles (15 xp).
What do others think of this proposed change?

I think its a good change. Right now adventures often don't give much xp, especially the more difficult ones, which seems a bit backwards.

Also if multiple adventures happen in a single season you have to pick one adventure for the xp right?

I have always played where adventures stack, but are still alternate to other sources of experience. I think of them as extended adventures in that way... of course when you start stacking them you lose more of your season in other ways like lab time...

I'm good with the change to the reward system regarding experience. And I am okay with stacking adventures.
Will we mostly be getting build points as rewards then?

You will be getting rewards as you choose them. That can be build points, confidence, correspondences, buying off hooks, new boons (with hooks). Craftsmen may take labor points... vis, new companions being introduced...

... still wondering how this works ...

unless it comes up as a story it is just handled in the background- someone goes out and collects it as routinely as the cotton is harvested.
If you want to distribute vis to magi then you can vote to do that, otherwise I am taking vis from stocks for projects as it is used- 8 vis a year for the Ageis of the Hearth, plus anything used for longevity potions, etc.

I'm looking at the HR starting in 1103, and trying to make sure I understand the new rules. (I know the following example is from 1102; I'm not planning to apply these points, just working an example. If I am incorrect about this, please let me know...) Adventure #5, Tribunal, had difficulty level 18. The xp would be 1/2 the challenge level + # challenge sets, so 1/2(18)+2 = 11 xp. My question is who gets the points? Does everyone involved split them, or is it 11 xp each? (This particular adventure had Evan in the lead with Aegis and Taurus helping out. Again, not looking to get this experience, just checking my understanding.)

everybody involved would get all of the points, just like a regular ars magica adventure. If you bring along an entire turb and a companion and a half dozen grogs on an adventure that turns out to be a level 24 challenge with 3 challenge sets they all get 15 experience from the adventure. Of course they all also lose 27 days out of that season...

also if everyone could get plans for 1103 filled out we can proceed with the next round of adventures...

Alright I've updated Anna and Aegis through 1102. I've got Evan and Aegis 1103 plotted out. I don't know when Anna is getting taught in 1103 though. It would be super cool if Aurthor could teach Anna the Gentle Gift... :slight_smile:

If a magus wants a version of Summon the Distant Image that shows him an outdoor space, such as a meadow, what would the target be? Would that really be Boundary? That seems too large for what I'm thinking, but maybe not. What are your thoughts?

Alternatively, is it possible for us to trade with other covenants in order to get a lab text of this spell, if no one at PO currently has it? How are we handling these sorts of transactions?

On a different, but possibly related topic, how are we handling Bjornaer septs? Could Taurus be part of a sept? Or is he on his own?

Any spell that is listed in the books will be in one of the historical folios which can be accessed (for a pawn a month) from either Harco or Magvillus, or may be easily traded via the redcap network, though prices for lab texts are far from standardized, though widely circulated spells will generally be cheaper than new or variant spells.

As for Summon the Distant image, there are definitions of room which may be used outdoors, but you could also expand the parameters to be based on boundary for a more expansive landscape. In any case the location would need to be bound for the target to apply, though with boundary the boundary conditions may be natural instead of man made.

Taurus could be a member of a sept, however in the Roman Tribunal Bjorner are rare enough that he would meet other members of his spet rather infrequently, and it might well be a sept held together by the commonality of being Bjorner in the Roman tribunal... It would also likely be a small sept of 2 or 3 Midsulf Bjorner

Could we each update the "People of Praesidium Orae" page on the wiki with the handle of the player for each character?