OOC Discussion

We have power back now after 3 days without. I tried to stay on top of thing but fell behind. I should be able to catch up soon.

Chris

Likewise, the Faerie Regio thread is waiting on redcat to catch up. Just wave if you've got nothing to add, 'cat.

I think I'm waiting on eother a reply from Patrick, or Tasia catching up with the coversation. Alternatively, I'm mostly ready to move on to just before the ghosts start arriving. I don't know if we're waiting on Viola to finish in the regio for that, though.

As the SG in that story, you should send redcat a PM to make sure--among other things, sometimes people don't get the notices that are supposed to be sent for new posts.

As for Viola, yes, probably we should wait on her to get back before tackling the ghosts, though maybe I could think of a way for her not to be involved.

Scott

Is anyone else missing all the edit and quote buttons?

Chris

I would tell you, but I can't find my reply button.

(check the Board Upgrade notice at the top of every forum for more details.)

If you hover your mouse over the place it's supposed to me, "Reply with quote" will pop up, and you can click there.

Scott

So....is there some reason we haven't started the ghosts yet? If the answer is just "we're having good RP," that's fine by me, but I wanted to check to make sure we weren't waiting on somebody (read: me) to do something.

Two reasons--the first is that you guys haven't signaled that you're ready for the ghosts, that is, that you've make all the preparations you're going to make. The second is that we should wait for Viola, but that one can be overcome, unless you think there's a good chance the faerie regio thread is going to prove fatal to her.

Scott

I mentioned before that the Temple thread would leave Viola free by the end of the night, but I wasn't very explicit about that: it is extremely unlikely that anything is going to prove fatal to her on her first visit (I haven't actually calculated Halia's might score, or the penetration of her attacks, since Viola has figured out enough to avoid the primary one). She can leave and come back to it whenever she wants.

Assuming we all agree on ward and Lamp placements, I'm ready to move on to the ghosts, and am just RPing conversation until then. It sounded to me like Gregorius and Tasia weren't planning on making any more preparations, since they plan to spend the day talking to the wisewoman about local legends and the possible identities of the previous covenant's attackers.

I'm ready to move to the ghosts.

OK, then, I'll open that thread as soon as I can, taking into account that my wife and I are visiting my parents.

Scott

Heads up: I'll be on the road from now until August 15th. Net access will be limited, particularly on weekends.

amul, you might want to PM redcat again in the Faerie Regio thread.

Scott

Ping'd him a couple of days ago.

You're thinking about the difference between formulaic spells and spontaneous ceremonies, and Geometry actually blurs that distinction -- I could cast formulae using Geometer's Ceremony, and get the same bonuses at the same time cost as a spontaneous ceremony.

He's kind of a nightmare of options. I can take an extra round to add +8 (+4 Numerology, +4 Talisman) to a spell. I can use Flexible Formulaic Magic, and I can use Geometer's Cermonial Casting to cast any spell, spont or formula, using my ritual bonuses, plus other bonuses. Plus, there are the rotes. Figuring out which ones apply at any given moment may cause me to build a spreadsheet.

In terms of a single-round casting option, the rotes are low-level, sure-fire spells that are nearly guaranteed to work (the greatest chance of failure he has right now is a CrIg 5 spell, cast without the book, in a Divine 4 aura or greater) and never risk a botch, but otherwise it's pretty much the same as any other magus. If he's got time for a ceremonial spell, though, the options get pretty impressive. On the other hand, a ceremonial spont is limited in effect based on time, while single-round sponts can roll up.

It all makes my head hurt. You throw in the magic addiction, and the Weird Magic, and it's a bit more than I really intended. Speaking of which....better add my addiction rolls to the haunted thread...

I'm confused, or misreading you - there's no reason he can't cast a fatiguing spontaneous spell in a round, is there? He doesn't get the Artes Liberales, Philosophae and +3 for ceremonially casting a ring/circle spell bonuses (the latter of which I forgot earlier), but it's still a ReMe casting score of 32 + aura + die.

I'll have minimal internet access for a few days. I'll get on when I can.

No, you're correct. One of his options is a single-round casting of a fatiguing spontaneous spell, which doesn't get the AL, Philo, +3 ceremonial spell, or the +4 Numerological Book Bonus (although, on further reading, I think he still gets the +4 talisman bonus if he is merely holding his book and not actually using it).

Still alive and playing. Just got back from a gruelling work trip to discover my internet company turned off my service a month early (I am moving this month).

Will try to catch up.

Ugh, that sucks. Ever try tethering with your phone? :slight_smile:

Scott