OOC General Discussions

I have had a problem posting on this site for the last couple of months as it takes forever to load the pages every time I'm posting or want to change to a different page here on the forum. It works well on my phone but I hate typing long IC posts from there so that's not an option for me. When surfing here on my computer it's too slow and I really don't know where the problem is because all other sites work normally. It's only this one which I find very strange since I haven't heard anyone else having the same problem.

I'm also getting a bit busier with RL in the months to come so I think I have to withdraw from my games here and maybe get back in six months or something to see if the problem here is solved then.

Sorry for dropping out of sight during last week. Began some vacation time and things have proved somewjat busier than I expected. Should be able to catch up tomorrow as they are forecasting some rain. 8)

Good news !

Arthur: woo-hoo to vacation.

Bearlord: gave you tried clearing your cache?

I've got guests for the w-e i'll post maybe sundy night maybe monday.

LG

Sorry guys, but I'm done waiting for this game to get going. I posted a week and a half ago, and that was the last IC post. I know RL catches people off-guard, but there have been far too many week-long (or longer) delays in this one for me. I like my character, but I can't continue to wait around and see if/when a new post is coming.

I am putting the saga on hold until the month of August.

It has become clear to me that my current workload does not, at the moment, allow me to post as often and in as detailed a fashion as is required to run a saga.

So I am taking a short pause and will re-assess the situation in a few weeks, when things should have quieted down some at work. Hopefully I will be able to resume more substantial posting at that time.

I hope you will all be able to rejoin the saga at that time!

Regards,
Arthur

If you all would like, and if Arthur doesn't mind, I would be happy to take a stab at running a story in the interim. We could have a short episode before the magi go off to the chapter house?

I don't mind that at all. :slight_smile:

I'll be happy to participate in a short story run by Emelric. If this doesn't appeal other players or SG I'll wait till august. Two sagas have died on me already I want this one to succeed ^^.

Thanks Arthur and Bitter. Egon, Bearlord? Are you in too? If so, I'll use the weekend to flesh out a storyline and then we'll start on Monday. Or Sunday.

I have to bow out I'm afraid. I have also had a greater workload put on me lately and then I can't access this site properly from my work computer anymore which makes it harder for me to post in the weeks which is when Arthur usually makes his posts.

Good luck everyone!

That's too bad Bearlord, but I understand. Bitter, if Egon joins, then we'll proceed. Otherwise I don't see much point. Ok?

This puts me in a precarious spot. I never went through the pre-Fengheld stories that you guys did, and Arthur kept saying I would get the chance to do so in order to get the 5 XP (which I could care less about) and get more practice with RPing in this setting. But that never happened.

We get to Fengheld, and I get the only post-conference IC post from Arthur, and Wolfram is standing in front of Peter waiting for answers to his questions. Not a big deal, but to do a story in the middle of this with where my character is means you can't just say "Wolfram can't find Peter", but rather "Peter has to be rude to Wolfram".

Now, with that said, I WANT to play ArM5. I've been trying to get in a game for some time, and I finally got into one....and RL kicked Arthur squaw in the nuts. So yes, I do want to play. But my main question at this point is:

Swearing Oath of Covenant takes place in 2 days. What story can you run that takes the Magi 2 days or less to complete (in game terms) and doesn't impact swearing Oath?

Have you never seen 24? Or the movie 48 Hours? A lot can happen in 2 days.

I think I have a way to get you out of your pickle. But the the story won't necessarily have a negligible impact on oath swearing - what good is a story without potential consequences? :smiling_imp:

I'll kick things off asap.

Then I'm in!

Bitter and Egon,
We'll be needing some shield grogs (4 maybe?) for the current story. Would either or both of you like to make them?

I can try to make some (maybe 2 ?), I'll be away from my books and personal computer (with metacreator) after wednesday (I'll be on holidays at my step parent's house, I'll still be able to post don't worry) so after wednesday I won't be able to make them anymore.

Ok, thanks Bitter. Whatever you can get done by Wednesday would be great.

Alright, here's one

Andreas

Characteristics: Int 0, Per +1 (on his guards), Pre 0, Com 0, Str +2 (strong arms), Sta +1 (tough), Dex +1 (adroit), Qik +1 (nimble)
Size: 0
Age: 25 (25), Height: 170 cm, Weight: 75 kg, Gender: Female
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Virtues and Flaws: Covenfolk, Affinity with Great Weapon, Cautious with Great Weapon, Warrior (50/50), Ability Block (Languages), No Sense of Direction, Weakness (Pretty Face)
Combat:
Warhammer: Init: -1, Attack +15, Defense +9, Damage +14
Knife: Init: +0, Attack +5, Defense +4, Damage +4
Dodge: Init: +0, Attack --, Defense +4, Damage --
Fist: Init: +0, Attack +5, Defense +5, Damage +2
Kick: Init: -1, Attack +4, Defense +3, Damage +5
Soak: +8
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Area Lore: covenant surroundings 3 (geography), Area Lore: Saxony 2 (geography), Animal Handling 1 (Horse), Athletics 2 (running), Awareness 3 (keeping watch), Brawl 3 (Fist), Carouse 2 (staying sober), Charm 2 (first impressions), Covenant Lore: Covenant 1 (personalities), German 5 (slang), Etiquette 2 (magi), Folk Ken 2 (magi), Great Weapon 7 (Warhammer), Guile 1 (lying to magi), Bargain 2 (food supply), Hunt 2 (covering tracks), Leadership 1(in combat), Profession 2 (Soldier), Ride 1 (speed), Survival 2 (forest), Stealth 2 (natural areas), Swim 1, Thrown Weapon 2 (Knife, Throwing)
Equipment: Pack; Full Metal Scale Armor (Soak: 8) (Soak: 8; Protection: 7); Survival Kit; Peasant Clothes
Encumbrance: 2 (4)

Friedrich was born in the covenant, her father was also a member of the turbula and her mother is a a washerwoman. He was selected early and trained in the covenant so he's quite used to work with magi. He's shown good ability with great weapon and was offered a war-hammer because he was deemed strong enough to carry it by his master. He's never really traveled outside Saxony and doesn't really feel the need to learn another language as he's got no intention to go any further, he's always lost when he leaves the covenant anyway... He's married but isn't the most faithful, he's easily distracted by young woman specially after a few drinks.

(edit : name already used)